Thut III - ARGH!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
u couldn't write a page on Thutmose III? What's the matter with u girl! He was one of the most important pharaohs of the early 18th dynasty! If u do a general internet search 4 Thut 3, u should come up with plenty of historians - i find historians Breasted, Gardiner, Newby and Callender helpful - though i dont know what's up with Callender - i hate her style of writing - she puts to much of a personal slant on her articles.

rachster

Hm, my best bit of advice would be to use Bradley if u haven't already, much more readable than the historians, tho i guess you'd you have to read what they've said too at some stage or other.

Arnor

HSC
N/A
Lawless and Callender have some good stuff too check out thier books

if i get around to it ill post the names of their books "eye of Horus" is Callender's... in my opinion the greatest text ive ever used... good for the 18th-thut period but let me down for my rammesside unit :(

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Lol, could i write an essay worthy of 100% on anyone? ^^'''

I think T3's ok compared to some other ppl... Hatshepsut, for example.....

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
As alfalfa said, he's bloody damn important! You just did an essay on military tactics and foreign policy (and wiped the floor squeaky clean with our miserable marks). What do you mean there's nothing on him?! Boring? Pfft... he's the Napoleon guy of ancient egypt!

There's all the stuff about him and Hatshepsut (Hattie-soup!)

You can go onto trade (Tomb of Rekmire(sp)?)

If you want to talk about wars, think about the significance of the Battle of Megiddo. Why did he need to campaign there? Why did he need to induce surrender? What gain came out of it (hostages, booty, children)? What was the purpose of integrating enemy children into the Egyptian culture?

Dammit dude, he's a pretty lovable sort of guy. I'm sure if you get to know the real man behind the poor pharaoh, oppressed by the evil Hattie-soup, you too will love him. He has a sensitive side, enjoying long walks in the park, candlelit dinners and the sound of summer rain hitting the tin roof of his hobo-shack. Love him for who he is, not what he did. Hmm...now i'm getting carried away!

Gomen nasai!!

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
Originally posted by tina_goes_doo
If you want to talk about wars, think about the significance of the Battle of Megiddo. Why did he need to campaign there? Why did he need to induce surrender? What gain came out of it (hostages, booty, children)? What was the purpose of integrating enemy children into the Egyptian culture?

Dammit dude, he's a pretty lovable sort of guy. I'm sure if you get to know the real man behind the poor pharaoh, oppressed by the evil Hattie-soup, you too will love him. He has a sensitive side, enjoying long walks in the park, candlelit dinners and the sound of summer rain hitting the tin roof of his hobo-shack. Love him for who he is, not what he did. Hmm...now i'm getting carried away!

u shouls also remember that historians speculate that many of his campaigns were done for trade purposes - look at Megiddo and Joppa for instance, yes, there was the syrian prince confederacy, but Meggido (and Joppa to a lesser extent) sat in the middle of a crossroads of i think it was 5 major trading routes from older times. Th III did much that imitated his grandfather, Th I - and remember that his campaign to the Euphrates is guessed to have been primarily to re-establish the old trade routes.

hmmmm...tina...i like ur description of Th III...someone's been reading the lonely hearts ads a bit 2 closely i think! but seriously, described like this, sounds just like the sort of guy id go 4...if only he also drank pina coladas and lurved clothes!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Umm....okay Alfalfa....

You could go for a guy like this? Damn you must be a desperate girl!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Hattie-soup is our teachers 'pet' name for H. Then again, our teacheralso has a weird obsession for..............CALLENDER!!!!!! The giraffe lady!!!!!!!

YEah, i did kick ur arses, and u only kicked arse coz i hepled you~!!! Which reminds me.........do u want me to bring you that MAcquarie book on monday, very good on H.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Dude, you bet me by half a mark! 29.5/30! Then again, mucho appreciato for tearing apart my essay for me and getting me to redo it. Regrets? :p Then again, i really needed to bump my rank up again.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
You have a book? What book?

*reads previous posts*

Ahh the macquarie book... nah don't worry about it. I couldnt be bothered buying it so i already photocopied the whole section. Thanks anyway duck!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
I seem to remember it wasnt me telling u bout ur modesty, but it did occur in my thread.....

Its the only subject im doing really well in, so i deserve to be modest!!!!

And Tinas wasnt a night-before, more like a weekend before, calling me late at night, giving me the flu....all for her essay!!!

But i luv doin it, makes me remember stuff

Which reminds me...In hols Babs and Luke and Shek coming ova so i can explain Rome to them, and so they can explain the finer points of Egypt (such a boring tiome period...but i wont go into that with Alfalfa around.....) So, u wanna join us sweetie??? (As in Tina)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)