Thoughts on To Kill A Mockingbird? (1 Viewer)

bleu

HSC
Yes. They should. People are cunts. They need to be taught.

Most school kids will think TKaMB is over-rated. But if they develop a proper appreciation for literature they will typically come back to this book and realise how fucking brilliant it is.
Agreed.

nugget01

HSC
Great novel!
Atticus Finch is my hero, and he is beautifully played by gregory peck in the film.
i love the part in the film where scout gets in a big tyre and gem rolls her down the street into boo's front yard. classic!

HSC
i didn't like it much.

i had to read the book in class and i just couldn't get through it

so when we watched the movie i got a huge shock when someone died. lol.

good morals to the story though.

burger125

HSC
i thought it was going to be another one of those boring old classics we have to study. but i actually got into it and found it mildly interesting. can't say that its the best book i have read, but it certainly is not the worst.
but i just dislike reading really long novels on the whole, much prefer short stories and newspaper articles, cuz i dont like to commit myself to a book long term unless its harry potter which i finish in 2 days neway ^_^
I agreed 100% with everything u said lol
harry potter is just about the only books that i have read start to finish in one session ( all dayer) lol

tinfoilhat

HSC
for me tom robinson's death was really powerful, especially the way it's revealed

ziki

HSC
too many characters on first page.... di..d...n...o..t... su..r...v..i..v..e...... xD totally lost half way through first page..

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
If my memory serves me correct, we did this in year 10
it was a great book imo, very meaningful and interesting
its the best set english text ive done in my high school years, which doesnt say much lol

ieatbarbies

HSC
Argghh, our school didn't study this in Year 10. Wish I had a chance. Oh wells.. i will get to it someday ^_^

XPac2

HSC
It was a great book. But it got a bit dry after a while :( the exam you have to write for it sucks lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)