Thoughts on Chemistry CSSA paper (1 Viewer)

eddy11

HSC
Our chem teacher is a marking machine so we got ours back a couple of days ago. Our average was 60 something, i came 1st with 83. Overall the teacher was fairly dissapointed with the results, he expected higher marks from everyone, but i was pretty happy. I dont know where i went down but i think i lost a fair chunk of my marks in the elective for Shipwrecks.

It was a hard test but fair because everyone found it hard, i agree there were alot of equations and calculations, i had a massive cram the day before to learn more content and found that i didn't have to use much of what i'd crammed and was a bit dissapointed that there wasn't an ethanol question and there was a biopolymer instead.

eddy11

HSC
we didn't get ours externally marked, our "marking machine" teacher just marked them and gave us back our mark, haven't seen my actuall paper, i didn't know they could get externally marked, probably be at least a week maybe two if they have been

sherylbobbins

HSC
Our chem teacher is a marking machine so we got ours back a couple of days ago. Our average was 60 something, i came 1st with 83. Overall the teacher was fairly dissapointed with the results, he expected higher marks from everyone, but i was pretty happy. I dont know where i went down but i think i lost a fair chunk of my marks in the elective for Shipwrecks.
Hahaha our average was 50% with the highest being 72%. At the moment, we're screwed lol

proringz

HSC
Got results back today, came 3rd on this paper with 87%, top was 97% and 2nd was 89%. I think average was around 60-something.

Last edited:

timmiitippii

HSC
ughh... our teacher said that the marking criteria from the cssa ppl was really specific and harsh.
got highest with 86% :angry:

like lost marks at the most random parts, i know i lost one due to saying sumthing that was incorrect =P *teacher told me i would of got full marks for the question if i didn't mention the random tidbit*
and also apparently u need to write equations o_O ? for that trend of acid or basic oxides of elements.. so that cost me another mark
then lost 3 marks from that assessing the stupid boy's validity or sum shit *teacher read us the sample answer and it was realli detailed*

so yeh... pretty dissapointed but have to say this exam had some bad questions... however it did wonders for my rankings and gaps between ranks considering second highest was onli 71%
oh wells.. gotta study hsc now :uhoh:

henry08

HSC
N/A
Is this the paper which asked you to assess ethanol and its use as a fuel (3 mark questions I believe)?

timmiitippii

HSC
henry08 said:
Is this the paper which asked you to assess ethanol and its use as a fuel (3 mark questions I believe)?
hmm i don't think so.. i remember leaving the exam thinking that there was nothing to do with ethanol...
it was the catholic trials paper btw.. cssa or sumthing

dang

Premium Member
HSC
lol damn i got 64% for the cssa paper. Class average was about 40-50% and range was 28%-86%.

shakky15

HSC
hmmm got this back today...

our option was created by our teacher, so was 5 marks worth of core... so just the multiple choice and most of the core was actually CSSA...

for that i got 53/74... but assured a few extra marks there

but for the industrial chem section it was practically all using the K equilibrium constant.. whcih i stuffed up the formula for (for all those qns lol).. so i got 11/25 for industrial - really doesnt indicate my ability there..

overall not too pleased i guess - top mark was 78%.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
proringz said:
Got results back today, came 3rd on this paper with 87%, top was 97% and 2nd was 89%. I think average was around 60-something.
Crazy. I only got 95%. The 2nd got 90%. But I think the independent paper this year was much harder! It had some quite strange questions!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
Crazy. I only got 95%. The 2nd got 90%. But I think the independent paper this year was much harder! It had some quite strange questions!
???

Don't be hard on yourself. You obviously nailed the paper.

steffiiii

HSC
I got 93% and was pretty stoked with that. The next mark below that was like 86% or something and our median was around 74% (i think...).

liamh16

HSC
Our lowest was 22% and highest was 82%
I got 54%.
I was pissed, but it's an improvement, i suppose.
I think the CSSA was hard though... i hope it's not an indication of our HSC marks.
:karate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)