Thongs (1 Viewer)

HSC
havaianas are the shit .. i have a whole bunch of colours and would wear them every day if i could. plus they don't hurt at all, unlike some thongs.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thecurtainfalls said:
i remember them always being $17.95 since the end of 2003. maybe you got them on sale or a different store sells them for $15.
yeah probably. it was at general pants in burwood.

nataliie

HSC
i think metallic havianas are $24.95, pattern printed havianas are $19.95, and basic coloured havianas are $17.95 :)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
daiana said:
yea i totally agree with the thick straps on the havs! so..billabong ones? how much are they? i assume i'd get them at surf stores?
im not sure if my toes can take rubber thongs..it annoys them.. so i just have fabric ones instead coz they dont rub against the big toe..thus no blisters..

yes i know $18 doesnt seem to be justifiable price for a pair of thongs, but many say is the best investment..i mean 2+ years of durability! (if u can wear them!)

i want yellow/red thongs.......
the billabong ones are around the same price. maybe cheaper? i forget. i love them tho, and although the colour range isnt extensive as havs, they have all the good colours and theyre starting to make metallic ones

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i got 6 pairs of havianas, they like my everyday shoes. Sooo comfy =). Some thongs caused me blisters havianas never did tho.

Sasukekun

HSC
what other stores sell havaianas besides general pants? their $17.95 there ><

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i have one pair
black
but, man they paid for themselves in under a week
but, in general, i'm not a shoe person. and yes, you may call me the barefoot bandit. but like, wide feet = ouchies on a regular basis and yeah = </3
however, thongs in summer are a must. i can't count the amount of times ive burnt the soles of my feet on one hand (and yes, they DO peel!!)
in summation, thongs are the only acceptable form of shoe ever

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
melimoo said:
i have one pair
black
but, man they paid for themselves in under a week
but, in general, i'm not a shoe person. and yes, you may call me the barefoot bandit. but like, wide feet = ouchies on a regular basis and yeah = </3
however, thongs in summer are a must. i can't count the amount of times ive burnt the soles of my feet on one hand (and yes, they DO peel!!)
in summation, thongs are the only acceptable form of shoe ever
werd to melimoo yo

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i've got
black, brown, white, flowery one and a red pair
<3 them Havs.
me thinks the metallic ones are abit too pricey

Lundy

Banned
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17783015-421,00.html

Fashionistas flip-flop over thongy issue
January 11, 2006

Fashion dilemma ... Glen Schmidt, left, and Kat Coxall believe you can wear thongs anywhere.

THONGS seems to be everywhere this summer - on red carpets, streets, bars, clubs and beaches. But is there anywhere you can't get away with wearing them?

Can you wear thongs to an opening night at Sydney Opera House? You bet. Flying first class on Qantas? It would be un-Australian not to.
The office? Yes, it happens.

But it can get confusing.

Judging when to leave your thongs at home can be tricky, with many establishments having dress codes that change during the day at the staff's discretion.

Officially, North Bondi RSL's rule is no to thongs after 7pm but manager Terry Morley admitted, "We are not that strict any more."
Regular patrons are known to prefer the club over some Bondi pubs for its relaxed approached to footwear.

Apprentice builder Glen Schmidt, 20, said he enjoyed the freedom to wear thongs where he pleased.

"You can let your feet breathe and get a bit of sun on them," he said.

Kat Coxall, a 20-year-old dog trainer with eight pairs of thongs, agreed.

"If you get the right pair you can pretty much wear them anywhere," she said.

To a point.

At Double Bay bar cherriJam, thongs are OK by day in the wine and tapas bar downstairs but never in the main club at night.

Likewise, the rules change when the sun goes down at Panthers World of Entertainment at Penrith.

"It's part of the old-fashioned thing of dressing for dinner," club spokesman Robert Weaver said.

Thongs are also out at the members-only Australian Club.

"There's no thongs, no denim and no leather jackets," front office manager Michael Hoar said.

The casual footwear is also off-limits at Merivale bars including Establishment and Slip Inn.

Blacktown RSL shares the same anti-thong stance for men, although the policy was recently revised now to permit "female fashion thongs".

"You can get very trendy, expensive, bejewelled thongs," marketing assistant Melissa Wathen said.

"If a girl were to turn up wearing them she would be let in. It's up to the discretion of the doorman."

Men, however, cannot wear thongs of any kind to this RSL club.

"We don't let in the old-fashioned rubber flip-flops that men tend to wear," Ms Wathen said.

Garden variety thongs are always welcome at many of the city's top restaurants, such as Quay and Icebergs Dining Room and Bar, and also when flying on any Qantas ticket.

"There is a dress code but thongs are acceptable footwear," a Qantas spokesman said. "They can be worn in any of our cabins."

Thongs may dominate Australian leisure wear but they are still frowned upon at many workplaces.

The Commonwealth Bank said wearing thongs to work just "is not business-like".

"Thongs just would not go with the corporate wardrobe," spokesman Brian Fitzgerald said.

THONGS have come a long way since their humble beginnings.

In the journey from backyard to catwalk they've been made over in leather and satin, covered in jewels, given designer labels (and hefty price tags to match), even corrupted with stiletto heels - but it's the traditional rubber version that remains popular.

The trend has its roots in the late 1990s, when thongs became a fashion item for the first time. Even Manolo Blahnik came up with a version then.

Midway through the Noughties however, it's not about designer names or fashionable interpretations: it's about comfort, ease and about being able to afford several pairs in a range of different colours.

And there are few footwear crazes you can say that about.

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
dang, my mum used to lecture me wearing thongs when going out blahblahblah. i just ignore it and wear em anyways. I can't live without my havs. they're the only brand i can be able to wear without getting sore feet. I have about 4 pairs
*brown
*hot pink
*aqua
*white
:)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
ok so everyone has a pair of thongs, havaianas.. or the like!
they do look dodgy. lol especially if you are wearing such nice clothes, then u slop on havanas...
my friends do it all the time
i have soo many nice pairs of thongs with beads, patterns etc.. that really 'make' my outfit.. and my friends all think why im so dressed up?
not really.. im jst not going for the havana look.. especially to parties!
havanas are only good to wear VERY casually to the beach or to the local shops or something...
theres soooo many moreeeeee beautiful shoes,sandals, slips etc that are probably more aesthetically NICER and safer for your feet!

ohh.. havainas look great on guys with jeans though lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)