This makes me sick... (1 Viewer)

topdeck

HSC
I just heard that the random girl who places sky on neighbours (stephanie macintosh i think her name is??) will be releasing a single in the next few days...personally i find this a tad pathetic...what do u guys think about people on tv shows becoming 'singers'? Personally i think that there should be some kind of law against it...but thats just me..

0Jade0

HSC
Why? I have nothing against it if they are any good. We wouldn't have Kylie if there were a law against it. Not that I am her biggest fan but I would rather listen to her songs than 'my humps'.
It's better than people like Lisa Marie Presley getting record deals just because of their parent/s.

turtleface

HSC
On Kylie, maybe I'm weird but I think Kylie is a crap singer. She's an ok performer but her voice sounds like she has a sore throat

topdeck

HSC
Well obviosuly i wasn't serious about the law comment..what i meant was that there are so many people who appear on neighbours or whatnot and ten minutes later have released a single...which more often than not are of no quality. Obviously i realize there are plenty of other people who call themselves musicans who can't sing either...and i have no problem if singing is seriously what they want to do.....but the fact that there are so many of these actors come singers surely gives the impression that they simply want to cash in on a trend....
thats just what i thought anyway.....

0Jade0

HSC
I have no idea why I am defending Stephanie but she has been working on this for a while. AND how do you know that she wasn't a singer before she started acting?

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Neighbours seems to be a platform for many of Australia's pop stars. It's obviously a great strategy for them to use. They carry over their fanbase from their tv jobs to the singing area. (honestly, I don't think they'd make any new fans from this new venture.)

If it'll make you feel any better, check out the shelf life of some of these soapie slashie singers. Prime examples being Holly Vallance, Bec Cartwright and Tammin Sursok...one hit wonders...or in Holly's case..two. The reason why Kylie, Delta and Natalie Imbruglia have become successful in their singing career is because they took it seriously, and not treated it as another notch in the bedhead. So good luck to her if she truly wants a singing career, if not you'll see her back on Ramsay street soon enough.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't really care. Hopefully she hits the music scene hard tho and ends up a sad, depressed, out-of-work crackwhore sucking dick in the backalleys of ramsey st tho.

edit: not having seen this show, forever, I wasn't too familiar with the characters. I did a quick google, she seems like quite a pretty girl... what's your problem? You a fag or just a women-hating fascist? ... or both?

topdeck

HSC
Geez, there's no need to get nasty! All i was trying to say was that there are plenty of hard working musicians out there who dedicate themselves to their careers, and would give anything to break into the industry, whilst these people just come in as one hit wonders, who don't even really care about music (with some exceptions of course). They're given record deals simply because they're well known, which says alot about the music industry i suppose. As for people like kylie and natalie, all the power too them, because as duckofdoom said, they take it seriously, and it is obviously their passion!

Although i must admit, i seem to be a bit outnumbered in this forum...

lego

HSC
N/A
if you're counting holly vallance and the rogue traders as successes?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
lego said:
if you're counting holly vallance and the rogue traders as successes?

FUCKING ROGUE TRADERS FANS COSTING ME MY YYYS DANCEFLOOR TIX
:mad1: :mad1: :ninja: :ninja: :burn: :burn:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
considering their music would have nabbed them more money than any of us will probably ever have then yes id call it a success

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
game on
you vs me
money gathering competition
the winner wins

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd go

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
skye is hawt

wouldn't buy the album/single though.

payafee

HSC
Natalie Bassingthwaighte (fuck that's the longest surname ever) initially wanted to become a singer and just used Neighbours as an international stepping stone. when 'voodoo child' started playing on the radio, it became a hit on the basis of the song alone, not her, because her identity was obscured from the public. only when the video came out did we realise it was Izzy from Neigbours.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I don't think there is a problem with it, the concept of someone who is acting but has musical abilities to use their fame and branch off to other areas... which seems to be what the thread starter's implying.

But more often than not theyre not actually musical able, just quite looking enough to shake a bit, that's all.

I don't know how I did it, but I've shut myself off from shitty music. Like - I don't actually know of their existence. So I'm happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)