Thinking of repeating (1 Viewer)

miasa

HSC
N/A
I'm currently in year 12 (just started this term) but my parents want me to switch schools, repeat year 11 and do the Internal Baccalaureate instead of the HSC. I did very average in year 11- mainly because I didn't study that much. However, I AM worried about my marks for HSC.
If I did the IB, I would do slightly different subjects e.g. psychology
Would you say it is better to switch to the IB and do year 11 again or to continue with the HSC?

Thanks

enoilgam

HSC
To be honest, I'd just continue on with the HSC - it would be a complete waste of a year repeating Prelim, especially considering your marks from this year don't even count.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't let how you do in year 11 influence your HSC, because as long as you learnt a lesson and realise and are determined to change your attitude and work much harder for the HSC-you will get brilliant result, year 11 is basically a practice run-don't let it affect you, take the lessons you learnt from it and enter the HSC with a positive psychological mindset that you can do it, you are going to try your very best, I highly don't recommend you to do year 11 again-unless you prefer the IB as an alternate accreditation and think it is easier than the HSC-but whatever decision you make, you should consult with your teachers, your parents and as well as yourself-make sure you know as much about the difference in recognition and features of the IB and HSC system before you make an informed judgment-because a wrong judgment will cost you time... all my best wishes for your senior studies:)

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Don't let how you do in year 11 influence your HSC, because as long as you learnt a lesson and realise and are determined to change your attitude and work much harder for the HSC-you will get brilliant result, year 11 is basically a practice run-don't let it affect you, take the lessons you learnt from it and enter the HSC with a positive psychological mindset that you can do it, you are going to try your very best
Words of wisdom! I know what it is like making a complete mess of a big assignment - screwed the prelim Historical Investigation up big time, because of BAD TIME MANAGMENT! Submitted about 20% of what I had originally planned... Don't do that anyone else! Don't think that your assignment has to be the very best, most comprehensive analytical essay or whatever that your teacher has ever seen, just find the balance between enough and absolutely perfect!

Any way, I certainly learnt a lesson from that... teacher pulled me in to have a talk about what went wrong, and by the end of that... Wow! I was MOTIVATED like never before!

OP, like the other have said, I think you should keep on going with the HSC. Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)