• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Zokunu Chronicles: My HSC, and how I progress (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
新年快樂! Happy Lunar New Year!!! :)

31/01/2014

- Pretty much a good day today. Got around $80 from my parents for the red pocket money. TY :)
- Using that money to buy "The Game" by Neil Strauss. Yes, I study pickup :p.
- Going to finish all the homework which is due next week on Sunday- Catch-up day
- Once again, I only touched on my English Module A essay.

From here (if she's reading this), I will like to THANK YOU Strawberrye- Mei for helping me on my essay throughout these days. This is like legit the 6th draft which I've sent her. Thank you so much , and good luck in University. :)

That's it now. Gonna sleep, Good night cuteheads :)
Hi Zokunu,
Throughout the summer holidays, I have always wondered whether you were the same person who sent me the essay repeatedly, and now I know you are the same person:). Glad to know that I have been of some assistance:)-it has been a great pleasure to see the great progress you have made in each draft that you sent me, always brings a smile to my face:)-check your email for my latest response(if you haven't already)-and remember, if you have any questions about anything throughout the year, feel free to ask me via PM or email:) Best wishes for acing your HSC studies this year!:)

Happy Chinese New Year!

From Mei:) (aka strawberrye:))

Last edited:

Zokunu

HSC
Hi Zonkunu,
Throughout the summer holidays, I have always wondered whether you were the same person who sent me the essay repeatedly, and now I know you are the same person:). Glad to know that I have been of some assistance:)-it has been a great pleasure to see the great progress you have made in each draft that you sent me, always brings a smile to my face:)-check your email for my latest response(if you haven't already)-and remember, if you have any questions about anything throughout the year, feel free to ask me via PM or email:) Best wishes for acing your HSC studies this year!:)

Happy Chinese New Year!

From Mei:) (aka strawberrye:))
Zonkunu? D: . Anyways, ye. Thanks a lot and have a Happy Chinese New Year too :).
Btw, that is a lot of smiley faces. D:

3FEB14

- Finished 2 Exercises on 14. something. on Fitzpatrick on my double free.
- Fixed some minor problems on the essay. I didn't want to touch on the big ones since I find it a pretty depressing day today...anddd i dont know why. So I might as well fix the big problems later, so that i don't screw up.
- English Tutoring - Focus College 1 1/2 H
- 1 Physics PP. Only "Space" Questions.
- Receiving Math marks on Wednesday. I don't really care, what i get now, 50%, 60% i don't mind. It's over, it's done, gotta move on.

That's it, Zokunu out.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Zonkunu? D: . Anyways, ye. Thanks a lot and have a Happy Chinese New Year too :).
Btw, that is a lot of smiley faces. D:

3FEB14

- Finished 2 Exercises on 14. something. on Fitzpatrick on my double free.
- Fixed some minor problems on the essay. I didn't want to touch on the big ones since I find it a pretty depressing day today...anddd i dont know why. So I might as well fix the big problems later, so that i don't screw up.
- English Tutoring - Focus College 1 1/2 H
- 1 Physics PP. Only "Space" Questions.
- Receiving Math marks on Wednesday. I don't really care, what i get now, 50%, 60% i don't mind. It's over, it's done, gotta move on.

That's it, Zokunu out.
Yes, Zokunu, sorry for the typo-obviously you can see I am not very familiar with anime or manga. For that maths exam, as long as you have given it your best shot, that is all that matters-so do care about it-because it will allow you to learn from any mistakes you have made (if you have made any) and improve. Just relax and meditate if things gets a bit stressful-remember, drink plenty of water, deep breathing and smile:) -you are doing very well so far in keeping this wonderful chronicle:)-keep the good work up!

Zokunu

HSC
Yes, Zokunu, sorry for the typo-obviously you can see I am not very familiar with anime or manga. For that maths exam, as long as you have given it your best shot, that is all that matters-so do care about it-because it will allow you to learn from any mistakes you have made (if you have made any) and improve. Just relax and meditate if things gets a bit stressful-remember, drink plenty of water, deep breathing and smile:) -you are doing very well so far in keeping this wonderful chronicle:)-keep the good work up!
No worries, and thank you :). I worked on the essay today, and i think it will take a bit longer before I need feedback again. Maybe 2-3 days? IDK. I will send it back when I feel that it's all good. Thanks anyways :)

4FEB2014

- Finished Integration Exercise on exponential. 14.7? on Fitzpatrick
- Touched on English Module A essay. Editing/refining it.
- Searching for questions on Physics Space right now, especially the calculation ones- PP's
- Receiving Math marks tomm. The teacher was like oh their is a "big gap" between marks. Ok then....

Gonna read a book and sleep after this. That's it, Zokunu out.

Zokunu

HSC
5FEB2014

- Fck no Math today and the teacher is away as well. Hopefully we will get it tomorrow.
- FOCUS COLLEGE - Math tutoring for 2 hours.
- Doing Biology HW. Blueprint of Life
- Really nothing much today, i feel sorta stressed out cuz i have the following stuff occuring.

- Biology - Chemistry - Physics HALF YEARLY ALONG WITH A PRAC (30-40%). . The prac was supposed to be term 3 wtf. But they did it so we don't feel stressed at the HSC and trials. Makes sense :read:

- Math -Half Yearly...based on EVERYTHING.

- English Module A and Mid term assessment.

After this term, it's gonna be sorta relaxing. Since Term 3 is only based on research assignments, essays and math. Legit, gonna give it all I have this term...

If anyone is going to duh "TSFX Succeeding in the HSC"./ Advanced English Essay Writing lectures on FEB15. <----It's free...
PM me or just tell me here. I might join you's since I don't know wtf I'm doing and sorta need directions and stuff. TY.

That's it, Zokunu out.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
5FEB2014

- Fck no Math today and the teacher is away as well. Hopefully we will get it tomorrow.
- FOCUS COLLEGE - Math tutoring for 2 hours.
- Doing Biology HW. Blueprint of Life
- Really nothing much today, i feel sorta stressed out cuz i have the following stuff occuring.

- Biology - Chemistry - Physics HALF YEARLY ALONG WITH A PRAC (30-40%). . The prac was supposed to be term 3 wtf. But they did it so we don't feel stressed at the HSC and trials. Makes sense :read:

- Math -Half Yearly...based on EVERYTHING.

- English Module A and Mid term assessment.

After this term, it's gonna be sorta relaxing. Since Term 3 is only based on research assignments, essays and math. Legit, gonna give it all I have this term...

If anyone is going to duh "TSFX Succeeding in the HSC"./ Advanced English Essay Writing lectures on FEB15. <----It's free...
PM me or just tell me here. I might join you's since I don't know wtf I'm doing and sorta need directions and stuff. TY.

That's it, Zokunu out.
Wow, 30-40% is pretty serious stuff. When are your science subject assessments on? Remember, it is normal to feel a bit stressed-I would be if I was in your position-just make sure you do a detailed plan and do things step by step.

Zokunu

HSC
Wow, 30-40% is pretty serious stuff. When are your science subject assessments on? Remember, it is normal to feel a bit stressed-I would be if I was in your position-just make sure you do a detailed plan and do things step by step.
Ye, the sciences are at wk 9/10/11? The Half Yearlies weigh the same as the research assignments..so the prac is like .. a game changer. The Math is like always at the last day of school, if not the last lesson of the term ==''. I'm gonna make a timetable to tell myself what i'm gonna do tommorow. Let's see how it goes.

Zokunu

HSC
6FEB2014

- Results are back. Pretty happy and disappointed at the same time tho..

Chemistry: 24/25 -------Rank: # 3 people got 25/25 so i guess that im 2nd? idk.
Math 39/71 -------Rank 8/15?

For math i finally know what I'm doing wrong now. I write down the questions when i do PP's/ Textbook Q's, I basically draw the graphs,shape and stuff then do the question. I did this because I wanted to remember the method and sh1t so that i can go back anytime i want and copy it....Apparently this is bad habit and a waste of time. My teacher was like why can't you just do it again? True....:read:

2) I legit don't have enough sleep. I basically take my phone out when i supposed to sleep and facebook/youtube all the way. 8 Hrs sleep from now. :angryfire:

- Editing/Refining my English today. Module A. Half way done.
- Focus College - Math Homework <---Not completed yet.
- Went to Bankstown RSL Buffet, came back and finished 1 dot point of Biology. This DOT - POINT took me so long ==''

Describe, using specific examples, how the theory of evolution is supported by the following areas of study
- Palaeontology, including fossils that have been considered transitional forms biogeography.
- Biogeography
- Comparative embryology
- Comparative anatomy
- Biochemistry.

That's it Zokunu out

Zokunu

HSC
7FEB2014

- Did some questions on Math - Fitzpatrick. Applications of Exponential
- Biology notes. Blue Print of Life. Section 2 nearly done.

That's it Zokunu out

Zokunu

HSC
8FEB2014

- Whole Upper Body Workout today - GYM- Did some Biology notes - Section 2 finished. Section 3 nearly done. <---It's not 100% perfect, the first draft of anything is sh1t anyway.
- Physics Homework. Teacher gave us EXACTLY the same question on 2012 HSC topic. ==''
- Read "The Acidic Environment" notes. I swear this topic is much harder than Production of materials...
- Gonna legit complete Focus College - Math Homework right now which i haven't finished.
- I MIGHT go ahead and finish section 3 of Biology and call it a day, if i'm bothered :newburn:

Zokunu out.

Zokunu

HSC
9/02/2014

Nothing much today, went out.

- Finished editing/refining Module A Essay. Waiting for feedback :)
- Physics Space Topic Test - <---Not all completed yet

Zokunu out.

Zokunu

HSC
10FEB2014

- Did Physics - Space Topic Test <----I only did 1 question cuz I need to go....
- Tutoring for English - Focus College
- FCK, i lost my formula sheet for Physics ==''. Gonna do it again now - for "Space".
- Math Integration HW after this.

Zokunu

HSC
11/02/2014

- Did some questions on Exercise 14.8 for Math - Fitzgerald.
- Finished 2 dot points for Biology - Blueprint of Life.
- Math Integration Homework Finished. Except one question =='' http://community.boredofstudies.org...y-quick-integration-question.html#post6543374
- Doing Physics Past Paper on "Space". 1 paper only cuz imma sleep.
- Waiting for English feedback :).
- Hopefully imma wake up at 4:30 tomm and Gym. - LEGS , i don't go to school till 11, since i have double free.

That's it Zokunu out.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
11/02/2014

- Did some questions on Exercise 14.8 for Math - Fitzgerald.
- Finished 2 dot points for Biology - Blueprint of Life.
- Math Integration Homework Finished. Except one question =='' http://community.boredofstudies.org...y-quick-integration-question.html#post6543374
- Doing Physics Past Paper on "Space". 1 paper only cuz imma sleep.
- Waiting for English feedback :).
- Hopefully imma wake up at 4:30 tomm and Gym. - LEGS , i don't go to school till 11, since i have double free.

That's it Zokunu out.
Well done, u are doing well :)

Zokunu

HSC
13/02/2014

- Had a double period today, but i wasted it by playing chess with mates and talking random sh1t. Fck, I could have done something else instead ==''. Should have studied...
- Did some questions on Exercise 14.8 for Math - Fitzgerald. I still haven't finished this exercises ==''.
- Did some "Integration" Math HW for tutoring.
- Biology notes, finished only 1 dot point. I legit had a hard time figuring out what is going on: 2.3.7 Describe the inheritance of sex-linked genes, and alleles that exhibit co-dominance and explain why these do not produce simple Mendelian ratios. :confused2:
- Got my English feedback back. Band 6 achieved, around 13/15. Thank you strawberrye :). Fixed the minor problems. . The assignment extended from wk 5 to wk 7. Thank god i still have time.

My energy/motivation always drop at night around 9-11. Even though I get 8 hrs sleep, i still feel tired. wtf. Gonna do the following changes:

- Study for a legit 50 mins and get a 10min break. If I ever feel tired imma just do push-ups or sit ups and get back into it.
- Study for the "free periods". Fck chess.

Gonna continue doing bio notes now. That's it, Zokunu out.

Zokunu

HSC
Managed to finish another dot point for bio.- Blueprint of Life Section 3 nearly finished. Section 4 and 5 are pretty short. I'm gonna sleep, Valentines Day tomm :).

Laterz

Zokunu

HSC
R.I.P to all the virginities that will be lost on today. Happy Valentines Day!

14/02/2014

- Didn't do much cuz I was at Westmead Dentist today, after school. I can't w8 to remove those braces man.
- Finished Exercise 14.8 for Math - Fitzgerald, except for one question which i will post up tomm.
- Finished Math Integration HW for tutoring - Focus C
- Finished Section 3 on Biology Dot Points - Blueprint of Life..
- Going to TSFX tomm for a legit 7 hours. Hopefully it's gonna be good ==''.

That's it, laterz

Zokunu

HSC
15FEB2014

- Went to TSFX today so nothing much.
- Read Physics notes - Motors and Generators on the train/bus. At least I did something eh?

That's it, so tired, gonna sleep, laterz. :)

Zokunu

HSC
16FEB2014

- Did some Math Exercises in 14.9 - Fitzpatrick.
- 2 Past Papers for Physics.(1 only has answers of MC, so I did that instead and stopped since I don't have the long response answers). I only did Space and MAG questions.
- Finished two dot points on Section 4 for Bio just now, nearly their....

That's it, laterz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)