The X Factor (1 Viewer)

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Fry said:
our idols are worse i reckon.
Cos we have less variety? The judges are not witty?

Well now that it has come down to lockdown, i suppose its really showing how its differing from idol. The judges are competing against eachother so not keeping people on because of sympathy. I suppose this show also offers a lot more opportunities for people are past their prime time and for those who would like to share a taste of freedom with their friends and family.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
And what's also different is when we got down to the final 9 act (3 from each group), Australia will NOT decide who will go home. The two acts with the lowest amount of votes will be decided by the three judges, who deserves to go home. Of course if they are from different group, the judges will protect their own performer. So this is where it gets interesting!

Amryllis

HSC
ARGH!!! I watched BOTH Sunday and Monday's episode carefully and they didn't even show my dance teacher! She definitely got into lockdown (in John's group) but I have no idea if she's still in at this stage. If I wasn't watching out for her I wouldn't be as interested in watching coz some of the people that got in aren't that great...

I reckon the judges have gone soft. They were so much harsher during the first auditions and now they keep giving dodgy people too many chances to redeem themselves when I think it's not worth the effort or the time.

Fry

simmic said:
Cos we have less variety? The judges are not witty?
was talking about the two winners - Guy & Casey. i used to like Guy but uh...can't stand him now and i don't give a shit about Casey. before everyone was like 'oh, we'll support her 100%' but she has struggled to stay in the charts. i think the American version is better overall too. there's more excitement and energy surrounding it. people really get into it over there and most of the contestants are egomaniacs, so over the top and desperate to get into the top 12..makes for some amusing viewing. Ryan Seacrest is 10 times better than the two Aussie hosts combined and the American judges have more chemistry between them. Paula and Simon are like an old bitter married couple, but you can tell they're totally hot for each other!

Amryllis

HSC
Hahaha~ I have to agree that Paula and Simon have chemistry between them. They even did this on-screen kiss! And they started off hating each other's guts too... Talk about your typical love story.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
news is aussie queereye will be shafted for the crappy show it is and will be replaced with Amarican Idol 4, Wednesday 7.30.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Fry said:
Paula and Simon are like an old bitter married couple, but you can tell they're totally hot for each other!
Yeah I reckon...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Fry said:
i think the American version is better overall too. there's more excitement and energy surrounding it. people really get into it over there and most of the contestants are egomaniacs, so over the top and desperate to get into the top 12..makes for some amusing viewing. Ryan Seacrest is 10 times better than the two Aussie hosts combined and the American judges have more chemistry between them. Paula and Simon are like an old bitter married couple, but you can tell they're totally hot for each other!
i don't really think the american version is better than the aussie one at all. the people who audition ARE bloody egomaniacs.. they're all dramaqueens. the americans chuck the biggest tantrums when they don't get accepted. every 2nd american auditioner is a homosexual male with no talent. you'd think the aussies were bad, the americans are 10 times worse.. auditions-wise. the aussies strive for stardom as do the americans, but the yanks are WAY over-the-top for me.
the judges - both sets are good, no complaints there.
the hosts - god no ! ryan seacrest is boring. they should've given him a friend to host the show with. andrew g and james are hilarious together.. they have a good relationship w/ each other, w/ the idol judges and w/ the contestants.

i still watch american idol, but in short, australian idol > american idol.
the end.

Fry

Annegelic said:
i don't really think the american version is better than the aussie one at all. the people who audition ARE bloody egomaniacs.. they're all dramaqueens. the americans chuck the biggest tantrums when they don't get accepted. every 2nd american auditioner is a homosexual male with no talent. you'd think the aussies were bad, the americans are 10 times worse.. auditions-wise. the aussies strive for stardom as do the americans, but the yanks are WAY over-the-top for me.
that is exactly why i find it more entertaining. i find the talentless-yet-funny contestants the most memorable. the X Factor auditions failed to hold my interest cos everyone is so ordinary.

Annegelic said:
the hosts - god no ! ryan seacrest is boring. they should've given him a friend to host the show with. andrew g and james are hilarious together.. they have a good relationship w/ each other, w/ the idol judges and w/ the contestants.
Ryan Seacrest is not boring!! he is hot, funny, smart and witty. i listen to him on the AT40 all the time. he doesn't need a co-host cos he is perfectly capable of holding his own. Andrew G and James are terribly unfunny and draw things out too much. the American version goes at a much faster pace.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Fry said:
Ryan Seacrest is not boring!! he is hot, funny, smart and witty. i listen to him on the AT40 all the time. he doesn't need a co-host cos he is perfectly capable of holding his own. Andrew G and James are terribly unfunny and draw things out too much. the American version goes at a much faster pace.
I agree Ryan Seacrest is a better host. I found Andrew and James extremely lame sometimes. And I can't believe someone said those two have a good relation with the judges??! You're kidding yourself.

Amryllis

HSC
I reckon Andrew and James do have a good relationship with the judges though... But I have to agree that they do drag announcements out WAAY too much and it gets uber annoying.

I just found out that those 2 co-host Channel V and Andrew is such a priss. He has makeup and hair people fussing over him at every break they have, but no-one ever touches James during the show. James actually spends time chatting to the audience during the breaks and seems a lot friendlier while all Andrew cares about his how he looks. Andrew G is such a worse-than-your-average-girl kinda prissy pretty boy it's not funny.

When I first started watching American Idol, I wondered why Ryan Seacrest didn't have a co-host coz it works so well in Aust and the UK (with Ant and Dec). But yeah, he's a good host.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Any one actually watching x factor? got any favourites? I quite like beyond societies control...they had quite a nice beat to their music

HSC
theres some girl from newcastle that got through - so i'm going for her

BUt i love the groups and i think they will easily beat the other acts!

Scanorama

HSC
This show always goes overtime for 15 minutes, and while waiting for the next show at 8:30pm, I have to watch 15 minutes for this bullshit show. Hope they can get the X-Factor asap and done with.

All 3 judges are very very annoying, especially the woman and the old man.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Survivor39 said:
And I can't believe someone said those two have a good relation with the judges??! You're kidding yourself.
i don't mean as in, andrew & james are full on best buddies with the judges, i meant, that the banter that goes on between them all is very entertaining & amusing.. usually when they're paying out dicko, or cracking jokes or some crap. i've met those 2 after a show in idol 1 and they're genuinely funny in real life.

and yeah, they drag things out.... but uh, that's kind of their job ? they don't do that to piss everyone off, i'm sure the idol producers tell them to do that.

oh and who's gonna win x factor.... one of the groups, definitely. go random !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)