The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

quick90

HSC
Can anyone help me on this question?

You are working on the checkout and have a queue of more than 5 people waiting when the customer you are dealing with says they have forgotten something and they will be right back. Do you:
A.Finalise the sale and tell them they will have to go back to the end of the queue once they are ready and have found the other item
B.Tell the customer they cant do that, that you have to finish off the sale
C.Say that you will wait until they return and apologise to the other customers in the queue
D.Finalise the sale and serve the next customer until the customer returns with their last item and then let them to the front of the queue and finish their sale

Usually I would do C. but the way answer D. is structured, it makes it look like the correct one?

quick90

HSC
I'm guessing that maybe by "finalise" they are meaning save? 'cause at the end it says "finish their sale" bloody trick questions haha

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm guessing that maybe by "finalise" they are meaning save? 'cause at the end it says "finish their sale" bloody trick questions haha
I interperit it as "Process the sale and allow the customer to retain their place in the queue for the item they forgot" - IE in separate transactions.

BSammy

HSC
I agree with Matt, option E, this.

Where is the logical answer that says "Save the transaction and resume when the customer returns with the forgotten item"?

:\

If the line isn't that long, I wait a few seconds, if it looks like they might take a while I then save it, if not then I wait.

the way to go

HSC
ditto, BSammy

can anyone confirm sco10 is still on storenet? search returned no results today :(

at the moment of our 6 SCO machines, 2 wont work at all, and 2 are card only, its getting ridiculous... anyone get similar problems at their stores?

the way to go

HSC
hmm, in that case i shall try again tomorrow!

and anyone know anything about the paywave roll out? i seriously cant wait for the day it gets installed...

(sorry for all the questions!)

britto89

HSC
BOS has helped me greatly, wouldn't know all these little tricks without it. I asked for liquor register access and CSM replies "I can't do that", I'm like "lol yes you can, let me show you".
Can't believe she didn't now how (or that she COULD) alter checkout banks.
I can beat that. I was doing a storeman shift and showed the CSM how to search for a refund and original docket based on the products barcode because i needed the docket details for the vendor claim process.

BSammy

HSC
Anyone else not been paid yet? I was out in the city for the comedy festival and had to get the tram home as I didn't know if I would be able to afford to stay out late and then get a taxi. Probably for the best as I have a 6am start tomorrow, but I'm still slightly annoyed.

nanakid12

HSC
So apparently we're getting the new evolution phones next week. My CSM was like "here, read 500 pages of training for it", and realized it was the training I did on AllYours in like September last year haha.

This should be interesting. So what are the ups and downs of it? I've heard there's no *beeeeeep* when you go to PA, is that about it? Aside from having to memorize all these new numbers?

@at the way to go: I read something in the paper at like the start of last year about how Woolies was planning to role out paywave "sometime soon". Maybe they're wrapping up testing it or something? It will be something different, which is good :)

Last edited:

canberra_guy

HSC
hey ive been working at woolies for 1 month and a half now in the deli as a casual. just got a few questions hoping someone can answer.

i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and get paid $17.20 for now. they say you get a raise after 3 months of working there. does anyone know how much that is by? also when you turn older you get another raise is that right? does anyone know how much by for that as well. i heard from someone else you get a pay riseevery 6 months. so yeah just wondering how often you get one and by how much.

is there penalty rates for working public holidays and weekends/sundays? how much by for that could anyone say? only been able to see one of my payslips so far and i wasn't working on a weekend/public holiday that week.

i'm also trained for nightfill. do different positions at woolies get paid different amounts or would i get the same amount regardless of whether i do deli or nightfill.

usually work 15 hours a week during uni. if i wanted more hours in the holidays, say 30, would they change me to a part time wage? or can i get away with doing that many hours and still get a casual rate since i'd only be doing so many hours for a temporarily?

so yeah would be good to know if anyone can answer any of these questions.

thanks.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
hey ive been working at woolies for 1 month and a half now in the deli as a casual. just got a few questions hoping someone can answer.
I'll try.

i'm 19, turning 20 in a few months and get paid $17.20 for now. they say you get a raise after 3 months of working there. does anyone know how much that is by? also when you turn older you get another raise is that right? does anyone know how much by for that as well. i heard from someone else you get a pay riseevery 6 months. so yeah just wondering how often you get one and by how much.
It's after 4 months you stop being on the 'Grade 1' rate and move up to 'Grade 2', if that happens before you turn 20 you should be on about 18.60
If you turn 20 first then you will be on about 22.10.

Once you are 20 and have been there for 4 months you will be on about 23.25 an hour.

is there penalty rates for working public holidays and weekends/sundays? how much by for that could anyone say? only been able to see one of my payslips so far and i wasn't working on a weekend/public holiday that week.
Because you are casual, you are currently on the normal wage plus 20%
(for your age and level, 14.70 is the base rate, times by 1.2 makes it 17.20)
Sunday work is generally at an extra 50% (or 14.70 times 1.7 for casuals)
and public holiday work is an extra 150% (14.70 times 2.7 for casuals)

i'm also trained for nightfill. do different positions at woolies get paid different amounts or would i get the same amount regardless of whether i do deli or nightfill.
Most positions are at the same rate, excluding managers, supervision, some office staff and trained meat and bakery workers. Deli and nightfill should be the same.

usually work 15 hours a week during uni. if i wanted more hours in the holidays, say 30, would they change me to a part time wage? or can i get away with doing that many hours and still get a casual rate since i'd only be doing so many hours for a temporarily?
You will always be casual unless you sign a roster. Just working a lot doesn't mean you're no longer a casual.
If you do sign a roster and gain permanent hours, the difference is you won't get that extra 20% pay. You do get sick leave and annual leave.

so yeah would be good to know if anyone can answer any of these questions.

thanks.
Hope it wasn't too confusing. The casual payrates are a little hard to explain.

(my numbers are rough, but are close enough)

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
@nanakid12: thanks for the info, i cant wait, it'll make transactions in express so much quicker!

but everyone in my store hates the new phones! the microphones feedback on themselves (both squealing and echoing), calls and hold music get transferred to the PA system(!) or just dont get transferred and the line goes silent, numbers dont always dial properly and the quality of the PA audio just sucks now making it completely impossible to understand.

thats all i can think of right now, but we're finding them really disappointing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)