The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

the way to go

HSC
my store has the new machines *i think* we still have 3 that are card only (its been about 3 weeks now) so not much better... but im looking forward to SCO10! :D
is it rolling out everywhere at the same time, or by region (if so, whos up first?) :D

i think at my store no one knows how to use the phones, the night assistant mode is ALWAYS on, think i might read the training now...

britto89

HSC
my store has the new machines *i think* we still have 3 that are card only (its been about 3 weeks now) so not much better... but im looking forward to SCO10! :D
is it rolling out everywhere at the same time, or by region (if so, whos up first?) :D

i think at my store no one knows how to use the phones, the night assistant mode is ALWAYS on, think i might read the training now...
Looked up the release notes. Its getting rolled out over a few days couple of regions per day

BSammy

HSC
we got SCO upgrade today

it's different, i didn't interact with it much but it doesn't seem too different, just different layout, buttons etc.

as long as i can do that same stuff, does it matter how it looks?

also noticed a friend of mine at work is using my trick of always having my register password be 000X because on self serve the only password needed is the X, no 000 needed.

\was it matthew who first worked that out? it was someone who played around with barcodes i know that much.

nanakid12

HSC
Lulz. The other night the office lady forgot to put Night Mode on the phone before she left at 5pm (the only phone it rings on in systems). Went out to lock up with the duty manager at 9:30pm and see "6 MISSED CALLS" on the phone... woops.

Has anyone got one of those Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercards? I saw an ad for it on Allyours today and noticed that staff can get the card totally fee-free. (no initial card fee, local and international atm fees, foreign transaction fees, monthly/topup fees etc.)
I'm travelling overseas mid-year and this seems like a pretty good deal - if I use my bank mastercard debit card I get charged heaps of foreign fees. Woolies would charge me nothing. Seems pretty good yeah?
WHAT?! I got it when they first introduced it, and I usually use it for iTunes, so I don't have the money to buy a $20 card, I can just chuck $10 on the card and buy a couple of tunes. Yes, it would be a great thing to get if they are doing fee-free. You can top it up in store, or with BPay (although this takes a few days to go through I think).

I still have to pay fees :(

we got SCO upgrade today
We... we... *tears form*... we still don't have SCO. :'-(

the way to go

HSC
region 7 not updated yet :(

I don't understand why there needs to be a huge window telling you might mode is on and blocking the caller id, that annoys me the most (apart from tomatos being categorised under vegetables)

john-91

HSC
region 7 not updated yet :(

I don't understand why there needs to be a huge window telling you might mode is on and blocking the caller id, that annoys me the most (apart from tomatos being categorised under vegetables)
+1

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The new SCO is lovely to use. So much nicer (the feeling). It's totes like Coles now.
Apparently there was an issue with the machines accepting cash but it not registering on the screen.

Also, notice it does the funky process switch when you go into POS and back out to SCO? Needs to just stay on top like the old way (unless that caused issued with something).

the way to go

HSC
our machines on SCO9 (i assume thats what its called) had that problem too, but usually noticed when you pressed the "cash" button

funky process switch? like going into windows 98 mode?
hopefully it'll stop people trying to use the pos screen, I've always hated it when people try to press buttons and scan things when im not finished with it. grr.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
One thing I noticed was that SCO now reboots a whole lot faster which is good. The boot process is much nicer too, the whole "Retalix Self Checkout Software" screen.

BSammy

HSC
they took that away last update anyway.

do we really want to customers to look like they're scanning something and not having it be charged?

BSammy

HSC
Is it really that many? I don't get much of that. Or they ask me about the price, then i go to the POS to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)