The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
hi guys :)
i just got the call & i got a job, in longlife..
just wondering what a longlife assistant does at woolworths & if it's any good?
& will i have to do it forever or is there flexibility (like can i be on front end aswell)?
you stack shelves (stuff that doesnt go out of date quick, hence longlife) and not unless your store is super short of staff.. or you ask to be rostered on as a front ender as well

you will get your pos id and p/w but you will rarely if ever use it

Last edited:
HSC
eugh work was crap. Shitloads busy but hey a whole lot of food in the lunchroom and had an awesome kebab before work :) mmm Kebabiness :)

PyroTek

HSC
Madz,
being a longlife assistant you may be asked to do non-local's - where you scan items with no stock on shelves, and they all go on a report, and you find them out the back (provided you have stock) and bring them out.
Also taking stuff off capping (above the shelves) and putting them in their place

You may also be asked to do PI - Perpetual Inventory:
Where you go down an aisle and cap it - also bringign out the roll cages with overstocks on it, and as you fill/do capping from the overstocks cages you also check the counts of everything in the system.

ALSO you may help in making displays/building ends of aisles for weekly specials etc.

All good fun... I guess?

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Quick question: Is there a copy of the new EBA available online that doesn't require union membership?

Some old duck at work keeps saying that the new EBA brought in a new loading; 75% after 2200! Seems very, err, unusual to me for Woolies to be getting so generous, and to put a loading on that is equal to Sundays highest loading.

So I'm very skeptical and would like to check :)

In other news, I've been doing relief duty manager for the past 1.5 weeks, and have 2.5 to go. The hours really suck! I have so much more respect for our DM now that I've actually done it, and I also know why he's a bit crazy; the hours are very bad for ones social life, especially when one really needs one atm.

Also, why do CMS peeps seem so sad? I've been trying to cheer up the ones that are calling the store, because surely its not that bad!

britto89

HSC
Quick question: Is there a copy of the new EBA available online that doesn't require union membership?

Also, why do CMS peeps seem so sad? I've been trying to cheer up the ones that are calling the store, because surely its not that bad!
http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE877944.pdf is a link to the EBA stored on the Fair Work Australia website (government body).

I agree, CMS people always seem a bit blunt, the IT people are much better. But then again CMS do an important job so i suppose its good they are serious about it.

britto89

SS-champion

HSC
i was contemplating self serve at work today (as you do :p) and i remembered that i posted a review of WoWPOS SCO on here.

what you guys reckon? anything you reckon still needs to be fixed/should be implemented?
I am always contemplating self-serve lol...

1. GUI change
2. Fix up produce functionality. eg. get rid of scale errors when weighing produce and bagging errors. We are the fresh food people for god's sake!
3. Produce managers need to manage their lookup menus and put things under the letter customers would expect to find them. eg. watermelon in W.
4. Make it easier to use green bags.
5. Fix problems relating to overlapping screens, signature pad not working etc. that requires the sco to be rebooted.
6. When the incorrect change is dispensed the sco needs to say how much wasn't dispensed.

that's all I can think of for now :)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

Some old duck at work keeps saying that the new EBA brought in a new loading; 75% after 2200! Seems very, err, unusual to me for Woolies to be getting so generous, and to put a loading on that is equal to Sundays highest loading.

So I'm very skeptical and would like to check :)

In other news, I've been doing relief duty manager for the past 1.5 weeks, and have 2.5 to go. The hours really suck! I have so much more respect for our DM now that I've actually done it, and I also know why he's a bit crazy; the hours are very bad for ones social life, especially when one really needs one atm.

Don't mean to be blonde (even though I ain't blonde) but what does CMS stand for? Is it some sort of head/area office support function?

maddddzieee

HSC
Madz,
being a longlife assistant you may be asked to do non-local's - where you scan items with no stock on shelves, and they all go on a report, and you find them out the back (provided you have stock) and bring them out.
Also taking stuff off capping (above the shelves) and putting them in their place

You may also be asked to do PI - Perpetual Inventory:
Where you go down an aisle and cap it - also bringign out the roll cages with overstocks on it, and as you fill/do capping from the overstocks cages you also check the counts of everything in the system.

ALSO you may help in making displays/building ends of aisles for weekly specials etc.

All good fun... I guess?
oh i see, haha..
i hope i like it.

theonemanshow

HSC
G'day guys, just doing my tax return but I have never received my PAYG summary from woolies, I am just wondering if we get one at all or do we just use the last payslip for the financial year (this year the last pay date coincidentally falls on the 30th June, and funnily enough I can't find it, could I just go to cash office and ask for a reprint of that particular pay slip)?

Cheers.

_be

HSC
Have you asked your cash office whether they have it? All internal mail (ie: all the PAYG summaries) go to your cash office.

Legally, your store should have your PAYG summary by the 14th of July as per laws set in place by the ATO.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
The staff at our store are waiting for ours as well !!!!!! Because we have joint assets I need my group certificate so my husband can do his. What's up with this Woolworths?? I am SO fed up with this company...I'm over it !!

_be

HSC
Get your store managers to start making complaints guys, seriously. By law, we were meant to have them in our hands a whole week ago.

HSC
Wow, that sounds awesome, how much do you pay for a ticket?
$2 for one or 3 for $5, money is going towards the childrens hospital, for the wii raffle i sold 51 tickets in a four hour shift, and in last nights shift i sold 26 in four hours

bdude

HSC
$2 for one or 3 for $5, money is going towards the childrens hospital, for the wii raffle i sold 51 tickets in a four hour shift, and in last nights shift i sold 26 in four hours
Oh, is this for customers, I thought you meant like a staff thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)