The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

brookie94

HSC
our store had the interviews for jobs at all our citys stores the other day.. we found out that the HR lady had rejected one young boy because when she asked him who the prime minister of Australia was, he didnt know. but seriously why do you need that at woolworths?!?
she stays at our store and when we arent hiring or training, she used to be in deli but now shes decided she wants to be a frontend supervisor. it suffices to say csm was not very happy with that idea.. :burn: lol.

Roga

HSC
YouTube - Woolworths ad 2010.wmv

Lol, that is pretty funny lol. And is it just me, or is the space between the ends and the register TINY?
I swear to god some parts of the ad looks like it's filmed at my store. I'm pretty sure it isn't otherwise I would have heard about it already and I've never seen those checkout chicks before but just some parts looks really really similar to my store.

Parts that looked exactly like my store:

0:04 seconds - Those continental pasta packs on the left, the small bay next to it and the burritos and tacos next to that are the exact same location as my store, the pastas are also opposite those in my store as well.

0:14 seconds - Those 2L cokes are exactly the same as well and the aisle to the left of it has a shorter one less bay and I can see those iTunes cards and this setup is the same at my store. And maybe, but I think I can see some cereal in the aisle right on the left.

Maybe I dissected that ad too much :haha:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
NC8000 or someone else at Norwest - Do you know if we can access EBI from any computer or do I need to dial in to my PC at work to access it? I have tried the URL but it just comes up page cannot be displayed so I have a feeling it only works server side.

BradB

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

I got a job at Woolworths and I can say that this guide is way over done!

NC8000

HSC
N/A
NC8000 or someone else at Norwest - Do you know if we can access EBI from any computer or do I need to dial in to my PC at work to access it? I have tried the URL but it just comes up page cannot be displayed so I have a feeling it only works server side.
Hi Mate, EBi and all other functions work fine when you RAS in via the normal portal(and use your code generator to login).{NOTE: it changed slightly about 6 months ago} Blackberry reports still role out fine, if its finance related, get the analyst to add you to daily reporting as its setup for blackberry users so it downloads the summary of yesterday but not the whole file(which is huge)

If you are in a store, log in to citrix and you will also get all your outlook and other details(including discoverer) however it is slow.

If your at Norwest, PM me your extension number and I'll give you a call and meet up for a coffee. P.S. did you get the email about the change coming up ;). should make some people happy on here

Last edited:
HSC
ugh work tomorrow!
17:00-21:00 yuck!!
anyway our groceries 2IC is married to woolworths haha :p
he had the weekend off and today he worked 05:00-20:30 CRAZY BOY!
one customer said they could imagine me in management. HELL TO THE NO I'm leaving woolworths behind me as soon as i get a full time job

ekul444

HSC
N/A
i was contemplating self serve at work today (as you do :p) and i remembered that i posted a review of WoWPOS SCO on here.

Ok, here it is: the long-awaited WoWPoS SCO review from me =]

In my opinion the software is really close to being fantastic -
if they can fix up the problems (and do it quickly)
then I think I will be able to safely say that WoWPoS SCO is a
step forwards from NCR - at the moment its not.
You all probably know these problems and have posted them here before but Ill
go over my main problems with it, now that i have used it:

1. the GUI - we all know how damn ugly it is, no debating that, i think the
start & use own bag buttons need to be in a contrasting colour (grey or something)
and perhaps lighten up the background - the dark green is not good! Put a big W/apple
logo or something on there! its so damn boring!
2. signatures - this has to be the most frustrating problem at the moment.
customers have no idea that their signature has worked, and when we eventually do approve it,
there is no processing screen or anything, so the customer thinks you havnt pushed the Yes
button, when in fact you have.
3. Weight issues, I know this will improve over time, but some of the weight issues i had
yesterday were rediculous.
4. the problem as discussed on here previously about produce being placed into the
bagging area in two lots, surely if the machine knows the exact weight from the scale, it
should wait till that exact weight is in the bagging area!
5. The instruction to 'insert coins, then insert notes' is not necessary i believe. some customers
think that they have to give the exact change now, if they cant figure out for themselves
how to minimise the change they get then thats their problem.
6. green bag support - i thought this was supposed to be the main improvement! i very rarely saw
a green bag that worked, even when the customer presses 'own bag' it still says unexpected item, and
exactly the same thing for 'New bag' - something is wrong here!!
7. the way reduced to clear items are displayed on the total - on normal registers when you scan a reduced item
it shows it something like this:
PRICE REDUCTION
2L WW Milk
Original Price - 3.00
________________ 1.50
But on SCO it puts the original price in the same column as the reduced price, so the customer thinks
that they are being charged both prices, it confused the hell out of me, and it got into such a mess that
I couldnt understand what was voided and what wasnt that i voided the transaction and started her again.

Ok the positives:
1. Seperate look up menus! Thank god for those - so much cleaner and easier to find things!
2. The ability to do all our supervisor stuff through the WoWPoS Screen - I really like this.
3. Everyday rewards card screen - no more complaining about forgetting to scan it

Wow, so 7 negatives and 3 positives... Hmm well my opinion is probably pretty biased at this stage, cause
it was only my first shift with it, and it was generally a really frustrating day.
But like I said, if they can fix the above problems, then WoWPoS is an improvement from NCR...

PS. I dont know why you guys thought the voice was too quiet - ours is so loud that someone has taped up one of the speakers on each machine to try and quieten it!
turns out that out of the 7 problems i had with the software during its launch only 2 still bug me. not bad considering there has only been 1 store release since then.
the rundown:

1. GUI - NO - still horrific, changes need to be made here :(
2. signatures - YES - significantly improved in 10.0 :)
3. weight errors - YES - definitely noticed a reduction in the number of weight errors :)
4. produce - ?? - does this still happen? i can't even remember now...
5. coins - YES - ok so that wasn't such a big deal in the first place :p
6. green bags - SORT OF - theres an improvement, but i reckon the 'flow' of green bag use could be more logical (ie green lights,remove,new bag, place on - doesnt make sense to alot of people) :confused:
7. RTC - NO - no change, needs to be improved in a GUI fix. :(

1. our store's menus have become really messy - they need a good clean up. i mean watermelons on the popular menu but not on the alphabetical menu!?!? thats not confusing :p
2. still really like this, although there needs to be a 'LANE CLOSED' (like NCRSCO had) screen that you can bring up, rather than just logging off to make it really clear to customers the lane is closed.
3. EDR - i still think its important to have this screen with the big push to scan/ QFF etc. (while reading comments on my original post i noticed some disagreed with me - im sticking with my original thoughts :p)

so yeah, upon reflection Woolies arent doing that bad with their attempt at SCO software.
i cant really think of anything that i would now like to see improve (except a general GUI change)

what you guys reckon? anything you reckon still needs to be fixed/should be implemented?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hi Mate, EBi and all other functions work fine when you RAS in via the normal portal(and use your code generator to login).{NOTE: it changed slightly about 6 months ago} Blackberry reports still role out fine, if its finance related, get the analyst to add you to daily reporting as its setup for blackberry users so it downloads the summary of yesterday but not the whole file(which is huge)

If you are in a store, log in to citrix and you will also get all your outlook and other details(including discoverer) however it is slow.

If your at Norwest, PM me your extension number and I'll give you a call and meet up for a coffee. P.S. did you get the email about the change coming up ;). should make some people happy on here
Cheers for that.

I'm not in Norwest im at Favona RD in NZ...It might be a long way to meet up for a coffee haha.

Also re: the change...I haven't added myself to any email groups yet, only Buying so I probably didn't get the email. When are you guys going to Galaxy? I went to the conference last week and they are moving us over department by department, and are due to start in Jan 11. Although Produce won't be done until 2013. PITA.

BSammy

HSC
Has http://www.allyours.com.au been mentioned here yet?

Woolworths website for employees, just been launched.
I think they're planning for you to be able to get your payslips etc from it, there's links to printable leave forms etc.

Also a pretty pitiful(at this point) forum.

brookie94

HSC

I think they're planning for you to be able to get your payslips etc from it, there's links to printable leave forms etc.

not bad woolworths, not badd. if you go into eLearning theres a training thing on isis and other stuff. lol forum is just poor.

anyone in NSW, is it possible to do a cert in retail through woolworths as a VET/TVET course in the HSC?? read it here: https://www.allyours.com.au/training-development/school-based-traineeship.html and was wondering if its possible in NSW??

ekul444

HSC
N/A

not bad, not bad.
but ummmm did anyone see the news story on that site about the 'new store design' at Caringbah. umm WTF what is wrong with the 2010c format? it hasnt been around that long and the majority of stores dont even have it yet!?! i typed 'Caringbah Woolworths' into google and got this story: Stores We’ve Seen: Woolworths Caringbah | Shop Ability im thouroughly confused now, why are they suddenly changing their format to look like Coles!?! disappointed :(

HSC
Ugh I don't wanna go to work!
just went up there to get ice-cream, my boss believes Its possible I can just work from 1pm on tuesdays, um no reasons:
1. I have study
2. I don't have my licence just yet
3. I have better things to do!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
oh i just got a call from someone from woolies asking me for information in regards to my job application (my current employment, available times... etc)

that's good right?

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
oh i just got a call from someone from woolies asking me for information in regards to my job application (my current employment, available times... etc)

that's good right?
they sometimes find out more info in regards to whether you meet the description of the job you applied for

you wont know until they ring back saying either come to a group interview or come to a one on one

maddddzieee

HSC
hi guys :)
i just got the call & i got a job, in longlife..
just wondering what a longlife assistant does at woolworths & if it's any good?
& will i have to do it forever or is there flexibility (like can i be on front end aswell)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)