The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

PyroTek

HSC
looks good! looks like a giant ginger kiss.. kinda... :D Send me a piece! Fedex it up!

MMacka

HSC
N/A
I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
5 x 5am starts each week. What I enjoy most about it is the fact that there are no customers in the store for 2 hours. Me = :)

HSC
i had an operator hurt themselves today lifting a 30pk of coke off a register. She tore a tendon in her shoulder :eek: i was like AGH FUCK! JUST GO NOW AND SEE THE SSM!!! i felt really bad, shes an older lady and shes prob one of my favs. Seeing her cry broke my heart :cry: i jumped on her register and finished serving the customer she was on. The SSM was pissed cuz she should have asked to customer not to lift it up and use drill downs. She made me go along and tell everyone that they MUST use drill downs and she was writing it out for all the operators to sign.

oooh and Mathew please dont think i was trying to be mean or suggest you had been out or anything by what i wrote. It does seem a little OTT to count change 3 times, but i do believe the old MOS actually checked that it was counted 3 times. You can never be too careful. Remember money is everything to Woolworths, no matter how little it is :p
What's a drill down? I never lift the 30pk cartons if I can help it. I tell the customers to put it back into their trolleys. Can't they have some sign at all counters that says no lifting of heavy items eg. coke cartons, dog food, 24pk water (way worse than the 30pk cartons IMO) etc? You'd think someone with common sense would put that on to prevent the staff from getting injured.

ytrbut

HSC
Frowny face. 41.5 hours in the last three days. Four departments. Back down to work in 3ish hours to fix stuff as well. Man, I hate strip-and-seals by the cleaners getting in the way.

BSammy

HSC
What are the other stores running homeshop in Hobez? I think only Meadows does it up here, and probs Dev-Rock as well I guess. You are New Town yes? Sometimes when i see comparative data for Tas i look to see yours and then think of how sad that is.
At least someone's thinking of me :)

6:30 Supervision open today. I should get out of bed now.

jirwin

HSC
I'm doing 6am-10am on Thursday. Can't remember the last time I did this shift let alone was rostered to do it (last time was a shift swap). Will have to get up at 4.45am, figured there is no reason to force myself to eat breakfast so early when I finish at 10.

Question: When you start so early in the morning do you eat before work or wait for a break?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Personally, I think these are pretty good, you've done well with the whole STAR method (knowingly or not). I'm doing an app for a KPMG vac program at the moment, and unfortunately the questions they're asking kind of have nothing to do with anything I've done/achieved through Woolworths. :(
You're right it was unwitting, what is STAR? KPMG? Aren't you doing like Terrorism studies or something? Sounds a lot more interesting than accounting.

I'm used to 6am starts no problem (well yeah I try to get out of as many as I can but I WILL work them), but I have a bit of a mental barrier with 5am.

I am trying to convince my CSM to permanently add in a wednesday shift to my roster so that I never have to do Monday morning tickets (which is getting earlier and earlier - first time I ever did them it was a 7am start, now its 5am) ever again.
I found a new love for tickets yesterday! The time goes so quickly and it's not hard work at all, and I feel good learning new stuff. Although starting at 6AM was mildly scary because i had to walk to then end of my very long driveway in the dark and i could hear kangaroos jumping around but i couldn't see them.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I'm doing 6am-10am on Thursday. Can't remember the last time I did this shift let alone was rostered to do it (last time was a shift swap). Will have to get up at 4.45am, figured there is no reason to force myself to eat breakfast so early when I finish at 10.

Question: When you start so early in the morning do you eat before work or wait for a break?
I eat before work and on my break. lol.

Granted I usually do 6am - 4pm. So i needs the food/energy. lols.

but huzzah for setting up seafood on thurs/fri. requires like 3-4hrs to finish setting up and cleaning. so that's basically half of my shift done. 8D

jirwin

HSC
I eat before work and on my break. lol.

Granted I usually do 6am - 4pm. So i needs the food/energy. lols.

but huzzah for setting up seafood on thurs/fri. requires like 3-4hrs to finish setting up and cleaning. so that's basically half of my shift done. 8D
I still wouldn't eat if I worked 6am - 3pm (we do 9hr shifts at Coles) because I would get a break at 8am but I'm assuming your breaks aren't so regular like mine. I just can't eat that early in the morning - I rarely have breakfast and usually don't eat until after 9am.

HSC
You're right it was unwitting, what is STAR? KPMG? Aren't you doing like Terrorism studies or something? Sounds a lot more interesting than accounting.

I found a new love for tickets yesterday! The time goes so quickly and it's not hard work at all, and I feel good learning new stuff. Although starting at 6AM was mildly scary because i had to walk to then end of my very long driveway in the dark and i could hear kangaroos jumping around but i couldn't see them.
Firstly, the idea of someone loving tickets disgusts me. I admit I miss tickets, but thats more because Saturday afternoons on checkouts is proving to be TORTURE. Especially when my CSM regularly sends people home for pathetic reasons, so we end up super short.

STAR = Situation, Task, Action, Result. Used for government selection criteria.

And yeah, KPMG. I'm doing HRM as well as International Studies (with the majority of my units relating at least somewhat to terrorism :p), and seeing as I have super awesome grades from last year, I thought I'd apply. Its like a two day program, nothing special. I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea but I'm almost done with the application.
I haven't yet done my accounting units though, putting them off for a LONG time methinks.

And jirwin, I don't eat for a 6-10 shift, but if I have a checkouts shift afterwards I would because the ladies that do tickets with us don't believe in tea breaks, rather they prefer going home early.
But then my eating habits are terrible, as yoddle and MMacka would know (from the food forum and watching me eat IRL respectively), so don't take my advice ;)

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I still wouldn't eat if I worked 6am - 3pm (we do 9hr shifts at Coles) because I would get a break at 8am but I'm assuming your breaks aren't so regular like mine. I just can't eat that early in the morning - I rarely have breakfast and usually don't eat until after 9am.
so lucky with ur 10hr shifts. lol.

I think i'm the only one who's contracted to work.
Saturdays - 10-8pm
sunday - 6-4pm.

Albeit - i haven't been following this roster for ages.

I eat irregardles. lol. Food = Good :D
and we don't get a tea break (where i eat again -_-) at 8am ... usually 9am if not, 10am.
Then again, our breaks are usually ~11am/12pm mark.

looking back .. i eat a lot . =='
Although- yesterday i started work at 8am .. didn't have my lunch break till like 3pm and i finished at 5pm.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
How can you not eat before work? I couldn't do it.

My average day is 8am-6.30pm, so I have breakfast before work, break at around 11am (15 mins, usually just have toast or something), lunch around 2pm (1 hr if I'm lucky), meant to have another 15 min break but I just don't have the time so I don't.

jirwin

HSC
How can you not eat before work? I couldn't do it.

My average day is 8am-6.30pm, so I have breakfast before work, break at around 11am (15 mins, usually just have toast or something), lunch around 2pm (1 hr if I'm lucky), meant to have another 15 min break but I just don't have the time so I don't.
I'm not a big breakfast eater normally even if I don't have to work (didn't eat until 9.40am today), so it depends on my shift/breaks as to what/how much I eat before work. If I get a lunch/dinner break I always have Subway though :)

Say for a 6am-3pm shift we would get the following breaks:
Start: 6am
Tea Break (15min): 8am
Lunch (1hr): 10am
Tea Break (15min): 1pm
Finish: 3pm

Of course we might not necessarily get them at those times, some times the supervisors forget people are due for a break. I don't really mind, I mostly like my breaks as late as possible because it means less time until I finish when I get back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)