The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
We're having group hugs right now.
Also if it was a BoSer who started this... and if you're in here... and if we EVER find out who you are... townie and myself are giving you double gold neg rep and gold neg rep respectively, until your account explodes from too many red boxes. :mad1:
and even though i'm not spesh enough to be a goldmambo member, i concur.

seriously, this is pretty disgusting.

ytrbut

HSC
Did anyone not get all their pay this week? I heard murmurings around my store that payroll for Friday to Sunday would be held over till next (ie. this) week (I'm in Adelaide so we were closed Friday, Sunday and Monday), and that would make sense given I only got paid for probably my Monday, Tuesday and Thursday shifts (I worked Friday morning, Saturday and Sunday, but for all intents and purposes it appears I didn't get paid for it).

More just curious to know if this was a national thing or what the go was. Whatever it is, it sucks. If it's me getting screwed out of about $700, they're going to have a little bit to answer for come next week.

(Oh, and no payslips as of tonight according to people I have texted down there who are working, so I can't even check that way. Grumble grumble.)

Last edited:

Mannequin25

HSC
Isn't that the million dollar question. You could ask mannequin, because he (she?) had to do like a million on Easter Thursday according to her post.

But yes exactly what you mentioned happened to me that day and it was as bad as i envisaged.

The CSM just rang and i lost my Sunday shift, she has swapped it to a Saturday. Another Saturday with one operator til close and no Sunday pay! Grr.

I'm about to start writing my CV again (i lost the entire thing when i lost my USB GRRRR) because i'm going to apply for a job with Qantas cabin crew out of Heathrow. Or register my interest.

he, lol

anyways, have a look in ur service desk for a swipey thing (lol thats actually what we call it, the swipey thing haha). It sort of looks like the old Medicare card swiping machine things. You put the card, and a manual EFT slip in there and swipe it. It copies the card details to the slip.
You then have to fill in the other details (store name, number, signature etc).
There is then a number you have to call, idk it off by hand, im pretty sure each states is different anyways. We have a sticker near our phone with emergency contact info (like IT help desk etc) If you have one, its on there.
You call them, quote all the card details and they will give you an authorisation number.
You go to the register, in tender mode hit EFT Manual. It will ask you to enter card number and expire date. It will then print out as a saved transaction. Scan it back on, when it pops back up it will ask for the authorisation number. It will then print off as a normal reciept. You get the customer to sign the EFT manual slip, which then pulls apart, one copy goes in draw and up with pick up, the other copy goes to the customer.

That probably sounds really confusing, but when you actually do it, its quite easy. Its just time consuming, especially like last thursday when we had a heap all at once! If your EFT lines go down though, and it hasnt gone into fall back you can call cash office and manually ask them to put the registers into fall back. Also try logging the EFT back on again, this sometimes fixes the problem. :D

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Does anyone find it really hard to say 'no' to call in's when its a certain manager/supervisor that asks you? I was just called to work back an hour today (1.30-6.30 now instead of 5.30) which is good because it's really only an extra 45min because I get a tea break now and I need the money as well. But it got me thinking that there are certain people that I always say yes to even when I don't really want to do it.
Yes! Two in Particular! I have NEVER said no them.

bensneddon

HSC
he, lol

anyways, have a look in ur service desk for a swipey thing (lol thats actually what we call it, the swipey thing haha).
It's officially called a 'click-clack machine' I think... which isn't much better haha

The number you need to ring for Auth is GFS Merchant Support... the number (in WA at least) is 1800882594

HSC
It's officially called a 'click-clack machine' I think... which isn't much better haha

The number you need to ring for Auth is GFS Merchant Support... the number (in WA at least) is 1800882594
*mentally tries to remember this*

I at least know where the 'click clack machine' and slips are. But seeing as I've never had to do manual EFT (even as an operator), I know my luck will run out one day.

Mannequin25

HSC
lmfao its actually called the click clack machine? :haha: ok i dont feel so bad now for calling it the swipey thing

egh, as the SM was leaving tonight he was like "Trent! i need you to put together a display on the shelves in front of express with the reduced easter eggs......"
I wasnt happy, i dont build displays! im a bloody service 3IC not longlife lmfao and i only had 20mins to go :mad: but i did it anyways, i was very proud of my effort though. I thought it looked pretty good......lets see if he thinks the same lol.

Im on open tomorrow. I really should go to bed, buuuuuuuut i just dont want to lol

HSC
Beeeeeest shift tonight :), but hate my 21C what a bitch! started at 530 and i forgot my bottle and I hadn't eaten since lunch so my blood sugar dropped pretty badly, so I quickly signed on and was lining up in self-serve to by my bottle and shes like, "OH YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT BEFORE YOU STARTED!" And I'm like, "Sorry I just got here quickly signed on and got out here" and she gave me the stink eye until she went home which was 10 minutes later thank god!

But covered a tea break, served in main till 6, filled drinks, did stock, worked in grocceries, did self serve and then perishables, cleaning and by 9 everything was done So I spent the last half our basicially being the supervisor :) and here i thought I was in for a shit shift, turned out to be good even though I was the last to start and we were dead quiet.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
mine says 2ICMANAGER

Totally agree its based on experience and knowledge. In my store all the dept managers and 2ic's are older and are respected, I'm the youngest manager at 21 but I have worked for the company for a long time and I'm an expert in my dept and therefore respected. There is nothing worse then a young. full of themselves, 2ic telling their older staff how it is. Just because they are not managers does not mean that they don't know 10X more then you! there is always plenty to learn and its always a good idea to keep and open mind.
Mmm this. When i started doing duty i was like to all the grocery/perishables staff "i have no idea what i'm doing please just tell me what you need to do"

lmfao its actually called the click clack machine? :haha: ok i dont feel so bad now for calling it the swipey thing

egh, as the SM was leaving tonight he was like "Trent! i need you to put together a display on the shelves in front of express with the reduced easter eggs......"
I wasnt happy, i dont build displays! im a bloody service 3IC not longlife lmfao and i only had 20mins to go :mad: but i did it anyways, i was very proud of my effort though. I thought it looked pretty good......lets see if he thinks the same lol.

Im on open tomorrow. I really should go to bed, buuuuuuuut i just dont want to lol
I call it the "The Machine Thing" which isn't technically correct as it's not mechanical.

Tonight was McDead. Except the most exciting thing happened! After almost four years of marking off smoke loads seemingly for no reason there was finally a genuine discrepancy! Three Holiday Grey 30 cartons instead of three PJ Fine! Was so exciting. It's the only time something's been wrong except for the time i thought we got delivered another store's load but actually the supervisor had printed off the wrong list.

Although night was ruined by alarm not setting and DM having to spend 20 mins on the phone sorting it out with the alarm man, and wouldn't let me leave. The alarm kept randomly going off all day so i just smiled broadly and put my thumbs at all the customers who started looking alarmed. No pun intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)