The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
Haha, my mate is like "your posts spew wisdom" and I'm like "wut?" - he told me he reads this thread. I was.. well.. complimented.. hah (He recognised my name)

HSC
Not this year, but I'm still interested to see what the process/expectation etc are. (From someone other than whatashotbyseve :p - we all know what he thinks).

What division are you looking at?

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Well the Aldi one looks like a better graduate program than woolies.

The money:
"We reward achievements with well above average pay, extraordinary packages and job security. Starting salary in the ALDI Graduate Program is over $84,000 plus a fully expensed company car and 5 weeks annual leave. At the end of the program you’ll progress to a salary of over $128,000 p.a. How far you go up the food chain after that is totally up to you."

But the Aldi one looks centered around store management.

HSC
Do you have any idea how competitive that would be?

Besides, store management after one year? Even Coles doesn't drop you that far into the deep end.

Not that I'm that interested though, cruisy state government role ftw.

ETA: Everyone play the brain game on the aldi site. If thats what they look for, err, I'm not smart enough for Aldi then :p

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I'm applying for the Woolie grad program. I must say, that the questionaires are really quite annoying and time consuming =/

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i did crap on the shelf respect, and slightly lower than average on shelf respect. But maze and memory were like almost full =p

wasn't too hard XD

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Well the Aldi one looks like a better graduate program than woolies.

The money:
"We reward achievements with well above average pay, extraordinary packages and job security. Starting salary in the ALDI Graduate Program is over $84,000 plus a fully expensed company car and 5 weeks annual leave. At the end of the program you’ll progress to a salary of over $128,000 p.a. How far you go up the food chain after that is totally up to you."

But the Aldi one looks centered around store management.
Not store management. Keep going. Regional management. You are in charge of about four stores. Aldi's regions are different that others. You will be travelling hundreds of km's a week. That's why they give you a company car. Also from all accounts you need 70hr/s week+. Given you take say $8k off for super, $10-15k off for car allowance, $2k off for the extra weeks annual leave... well I am on probably the same base.

Not this year, but I'm still interested to see what the process/expectation etc are. (From someone other than whatashotbyseve :p - we all know what he thinks).

Hey I'm getting more mellow in my Coles days now!

Do you have any idea how competitive that would be?

Besides, store management after one year? Even Coles doesn't drop you that far into the deep end.

Not that I'm that interested though, cruisy state government role ftw.

ETA: Everyone play the brain game on the aldi site. If thats what they look for, err, I'm not smart enough for Aldi then :p
It all depends. Like I could not work for Aldi. Ever. I hate all their products. If someone came up to me and said 'what one do you recommend' I wouldn't know what to say. And you have to remember that Aldi is a parasite. By that I mean it feeds off Woolworths and Coles. It has a steady 7% market share and unlikely to get higher.

Finally, economics.

Woolworths grad program $45k
Coles grad program $55k

Woolworths don't offer a management program, Coles do. From what I learnt down at Coles head office EVERYONE important down there was a store manager at one point. The CEO, the CFO, the marketing team, the logistics team. So for me, I probably need to be a store manager to have the street cred to go to head office.

Just a few things for you to consider.

EVAN162

HSC
Hey i'm just wondering if all of the new smoke shop (refurbed) planograms are the same? Like are they all set out the same way? If they are can someone tell me how it goes? Like what cigarettes are where..thanks.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Stupid rude customer today.

I had clocked out because it was the end of my shift, and as usual I picked up a few things to take home. I went down one Aisle and was looking at the spice rack, and this customer came down the Aisle, and even though there was enough room on the other side to fit 10 cars, he came on my side and said "Get out of the road" and I like looked at him, looked at the big space behind me and then I said "Please" and he's like "What?"...
"I'll get out of the road when you ask me nicely, and say please"...
"THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT...What's your name?"...And I pointed to my name badge and said my name, and then spelt it out letter by letter, and said "That is my name, if you would like I will assist you in filling out a complaints form, and personally hand it to the Store Manager"..Then he just carried on.

I think he thought I would be scared if he was threatening a complaint. No body talks to me like that regardless of whether they pay my wages or not. I actually had a little laugh afterwards.

Roga

HSC

I'm more than likely apply next year for the 2012 intake. I'll probably choose either Store Operations, Logistics or Human Resource.

HSC
lol, I didn't even notice that you were an 08er ;)

I've messed around so much with my degree that I have no idea when I'm likely to graduate :( But if I applied it would only be for HR. I have no interest whatsoever in store operations.

XiLe

HSC
Hey guys im a current graduate for Woolies
and i actually was first on these forums in its early beginnings as you can see i joined in 2002

so there are some info on this site t hat is not correct

first up the pay is not 45k

basically woolies isnt all about store ops when working at head office

if anyone has any particular questions
you can msg me here

bensneddon

HSC
Whoo my L/S Management Shirt is at the TI warehouse... delivery to store within 14 working days. About f--king time!

Now if I confirm that I ordered the right size and order some more, I have to wait til May to get them. Ah...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
townie's back in da house. working a shift next weekend in office, bahaha, i've already cost them money because nobody else can do the weekend office routine in 3 hours so they had to make it 3 and a half hours!

edit: fark, just realized i should probably try log onto Host and Shit otherwise i might not be able to get in next time :S

MMacka

HSC
N/A
I did good on the Aldi Brain Challenge, lol
I did great in the maze game and memory test. I did below average in checkout challenge and really bad in shelf respect.

Lucky i'm not going into supermarkets as a career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)