• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

HSC
yep, last week I had 8-11.45, and this week I have 8.15-12 (not working it though) on fridays. Thursdays 5.30-9.15 keeps popping up, and Saturdays 1.30-5.15.

I'm sure there are more examples, these are just the ones that I've noticed.

aussie92

HSC
Theres some rouge CSM's about that will turn this to their advantage and its a sad thing, there are some that hire heaps of casual opperators to only ever give them 4hr shifts so they never have to give them breaks , so all these extra tea breaks is just gonna put more express alets for the people that work days , im so sick to death of the culture thats developing in wollies cost cutting , not giving a shit about the staff anymore its just becomming utterly ridiculous , even our ends now get done on monday mornings to avoid penalties for sunday night !

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yah it is.
Lol, I would have been in there on Friday the same time as the crazy drunk in liquor.

Surely, they couldn't have a clause prohibiting workplace relatonships? What would happen to people already in one? Would one person have to move stores or be made redundant?
Doubt they'd police it if the clause does exist. Otherwise there'd be a few SMs in my area group in hot water, plus my area manager.

PyroTek

HSC
Doubt they'd police it if the clause does exist. Otherwise there'd be a few SMs in my area group in hot water, plus my area manager.
I was under the impression that SM's/AM's/most Dept Mgr's actually don't fall under the EBA? - Thought it was just non salaried CAS/PPT/FT

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
That, yes, but the person telling me about this clause apparently also asked and the policies etc. still apply. APPARENTLY. lol.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I was under the impression that SM's/AM's/most Dept Mgr's actually don't fall under the EBA? - Thought it was just non salaried CAS/PPT/FT
Salary personal don't fall under the EBA. If you are wages then you do (an advantage of being on wages). I was asked to go on salary and I bluntly said, "I'm not going to be a Woolworths b*tch." The SM didn't say much and just grinned. He must know the truth. :lol:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Well that's what I thought I'd read too.... but. like. I was told by my manager's boyfriend that it is 100% in there and that he asked about it at the meeting he went to. :/ (and that it's just considered an extension of conflict of interest shit)
Maybez it's just staff in certain roles?

Theres some rouge CSM's about that will turn this to their advantage and its a sad thing, there are some that hire heaps of casual opperators to only ever give them 4hr shifts so they never have to give them breaks , so all these extra tea breaks is just gonna put more express alets for the people that work days , im so sick to death of the culture thats developing in wollies cost cutting , not giving a shit about the staff anymore its just becomming utterly ridiculous , even our ends now get done on monday mornings to avoid penalties for sunday night !
How long have you been doing that? It's over a year for us now. The poor grocery people had been there since 5 when i got to work at 6 yesterday, i was like 'naaaw'.

Someone told me yesterday that the first EBA meeting was held by a woman who told everyone the wrong thing and then they had to draft an HR officer in to a do a follow-up one where she corrected all the mistakes. Lulz. About salaried being bitches, yeah at the end of the meeting (i came in to eat) my CSM was like "what do salaried workers do about grievances?" and then HR was like "call us" and then the SSM was like "yeah, and you'll just say 'sucked in'" and everyone sniggered, then said HR lady got all defensive and everyone continued to snigger and it was a tad awkward.

Harry778

HSC
Lol, my SSM came over to my house this morning..cos shes friend with my mum (through woolworths obvs) to talk about my neck and shit..after that she stayed for like an extra hout..it was really weird. I just got out of the shower and she was there and I was like....:shy: wow this is embarassing. Hahaha.

SO BORED!

HSC
ahaha, awkward...
and yes, i can tell you're bored. you're becoming quite the facebook whore :)

workers comp appointment today, the physio guy said i'm about six weeks from full clearance so thats good :D hopefully my useless useless doctor believes him.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
ahaha, awkward...
and yes, i can tell you're bored. you're becoming quite the facebook whore :)

workers comp appointment today, the physio guy said i'm about six weeks from full clearance so thats good :D hopefully my useless useless doctor believes him.
Back to tickets for you!

Btw do we have a new SM? I preferred our STM as SM. :)

HSC
Noo, not back to tickets. I plan on becoming utterly utterly indispensible to checkouts so they will never give me tickets ever again.

And yes, we have a new SM, you've dealt with him surely? He's come from Central (which you could fit about four times over in our store) so that why some of the rules he's brought are so ridiculous (tickets after close, supervisors not serving EVER, express alerts once the line is at the donut stand).

Besides, I can't go back to tickets. He wants them done 5-8 instead of 2-5, and I am NOT giving up cash office for tickets.

Last edited:

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Noo, not back to tickets. I plan on becoming utterly utterly indispensible to checkouts so they will never give me tickets ever again.

And yes, we have a new SM, you've dealt with him surely? He's come from Central (which you could fit about four times over in our store) so that why some of the rules he's brought are so ridiculous (tickets after close, supervisors not serving EVER, express alerts once the line is at the donut stand).

Besides, I can't go back to tickets. He wants them done 5-8 instead of 2-5, and I am NOT giving up cash office for tickets.
Is he becoming the permanent SM? No I haven't really dealt with him, I walked in on some meeting between him and STM. At the time I just thought he was some random so I just ignored him, kept up the pattern ever since really. Mondays/fridays I work most of my shift when theres no store management in the store so I haven't had to deal with him. On Saturdays I might have to, but I will cross that bridge when it happens.

Yesterday I had to stay back 15 mins unpaid because there was so much to do, but I did one of the most epic freezer runs ever and timed it well so hopefully we have enough stock to cover the rest of the week so when I come in Thursday and Friday I don't have much to fill. It will be interesting to see what our proprietary profits will be compared to other weeks because usually I come in Thursday and everythings gone and heaps of sales opportunities are missed.

HSC
Is he becoming the permanent SM? No I haven't really dealt with him, I walked in on some meeting between him and STM. At the time I just thought he was some random so I just ignored him, kept up the pattern ever since really. Mondays/fridays I work most of my shift when theres no store management in the store so I haven't had to deal with him. On Saturdays I might have to, but I will cross that bridge when it happens.

Yesterday I had to stay back 15 mins unpaid because there was so much to do, but I did one of the most epic freezer runs ever and timed it well so hopefully we have enough stock to cover the rest of the week so when I come in Thursday and Friday I don't have much to fill. It will be interesting to see what our proprietary profits will be compared to other weeks because usually I come in Thursday and everythings gone and heaps of sales opportunities are missed.
He's here for 3 months, AFAIK. Definitely hoping its not permanent, I doubt it the way that the STM/SSM said "As soon as he's gone you're back to tickets".

That reminds me, I haven't found anyone to take them down Saturday...

At least Kewdale will be happy, they were investigating why someone with a right shoulder injury does tickets and works double the hours I did preinjury. So now, no tickets, and 11 hours might apease them.

Also, the doctor is so fricken stupid. He's like lift your arm front ways, backways, sideways. ok, kthxbi.

Last edited:
HSC
Also, it might be in your best interests to move the donut stand further away from express so that we don't have the ridiculously stupid express alerts I was made to call on thursday ;)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Is Kewdale your AO? Our temp SM is rad, he used to be my old STM at other store, he's young and cool and stuff, but really shit on the mic so when he called the managers meeting on Monday i thought he called "malcolm" to the staff room and I thus did not attend.

No work for two days, going to melbourne, bye.

HSC
Is Kewdale your AO? Our temp SM is rad, he used to be my old STM at other store, he's young and cool and stuff, but really shit on the mic so when he called the managers meeting on Monday i thought he called "malcolm" to the staff room and I thus did not attend.

No work for two days, going to melbourne, bye.
Kewdale is state office, rehab lady is based there.
Have fun in melbs, i love it there :D

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, it might be in your best interests to move the donut stand further away from express so that we don't have the ridiculously stupid express alerts I was made to call on thursday ;)
Haha we had a donut tree in our store. I say *had* because one day the intellectually disabled woman who packs donuts for for hours dropped it inside the bakery department before the store opened and it broke. We ignored her freaking out lol, and when we looked again it was on the shop floor, looking fine. She filled it with donuts. At 7.35 am (5 minutes after store opened) it collapsed on our then SM. All the donut containers broke. He was mad. The donut tree leaked black oil all over the floor.

He threw it out.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
You shoulda seen him haha. There were all these customers there who had been waiting for the store to open, watching him try to pick up this donut tree and scattered donuts everywhere, while all flustered, grabbing for his phone unit to PA me, my manager, the store cleaner and whoever else to the donut tree >_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)