The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
K3k3k3k3
I've applied (so far today) for jobs at Coles, Coles Express Petrol, Franklins and Aldi.
Where else to apply?

DM Mike

HSC
Ive learnt to pretty much block out the music, like to the point I dont notice when they start christmas carols, I may be crazy, but im always debating myself or thinking something out in my mind, (anyone else like this?) but sometimes I snap out of my own little reality because I could swear Ive heard something I didnt expect...

Only song I actually catch, though I dont think its on the current rotation, is Proclaimers life with you, only because it was playing when my other half asked me out at work :)

Like Id testify in a court of law that theres a song that says "get a kick from cocaine", now if we actually sold cocaine then id say its a brilliant piece of subliminal marketing, but damned if I can find it in the aisles, or CASS, but maybe were just not ranged for it? :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha i like the "somebody's stolen my horse" song.
Fkn weird.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I AM SO SICK OF THAT SONGS, IT PLAYS EVERYTIME I'M FILLING THE CIGARETTES IN THE MORNING THEN ANOTHER SIX TIMES BEFORE LUNCH!!!

And Harry, moar details about this party, whose going, how would we find you, i am potentially interested if my other plans fall through.

(like e.g. where is this pier)

Last edited:
HSC
Whose stores are open NYD?

Mine is :(

But i'm not working :), above the rosters theres a sign from our 21C saying, wanna spend the day with me....working haha i'm definately not working ill work from the 2-9th then holidays :D

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey guys I'm going to be buying a new shirt. What "tips" would you give for those who already have purchased one. Stuff like which design (spot or plain), how should I compare my old shirt size to the new one etc. (Btw, I'm a guy for those who are commenting on which size to get).
Get spot. I got mine today and its totes sexy. I have medium in old and got medium in new and it was still good. Disguises my hunch beautifully.

There was an IT 'glitch' last night, so all the registers are out by about 3 grand. So we don't have to spot check registers woo! I hate it how my store is so anal about spot checking. Unless its Xmas week breaks are done by closing the person off and opening someone else up because they hate having more than one person to a register without it being spot checked first. grrrrrrr.

Not woolies related but i'm currently sitting in my undies cos the back of my leg is itching so bad with eczema.

Edit: i like cat stevens and elton john on the radio. they used to have cat empire and a cool groove armada song. its really quiet atm (although with the carols, i'm not complaining)

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I AM SO SICK OF THAT SONGS, IT PLAYS EVERYTIME I'M FILLING THE CIGARETTES IN THE MORNING THEN ANOTHER SIX TIMES BEFORE LUNCH!!!

And Harry, moar details about this party, whose going, how would we find you, i am potentially interested if my other plans fall through.

(like e.g. where is this pier)
Welllll, It's at Point Piper. Theres a huge pier with tones of boats and a little park type thing at that start of the pier. And then it will be at my house after 10pm cos of the noise which is around the corner (Wolseley Road) I'll just have to make sure this is all correct. lol. And Pretty sure you know what I look like. It's only for people that live there really, and anyone invited. (so you're invited) Will be awesome!!

If you google earth Point Piper you can see the pier from ages off hahaha.

BSammy

HSC

I HATE that song. I love carols etc, but that song is just rediculously stupid and irritating!

Also no one takes up EDR and EDM in Tas anyway,
Not quite true, When EDM came into practice I used to be the only person to do ID checks.
The managers were all shown but then promptly forgot, my CSM is seriously hopeless at anything involving a computer, and 2ic was constantly sick.
and they didn't want to show the other supervisors for some stupid reason like keeping the number of accounts under control. that all went out the window now we use the same thing for mobile id checks.
We had a fair few EDM ID checks, mostly in the week or so after it was introduced.

also EDR apparently happens in tassie big W. That's all I know about it.

bdude

HSC
also EDR apparently happens in tassie big W. That's all I know about it.
Yeah, you can get EDR in Big W but not at Woolworths/BWS. I think FSC is a better deal anyway.

And regarding Christmas carols, I swear someone at Coles loves this dodgy cover of All I want for christmas is you

PyroTek

HSC
Got my shirts today! they didn't pack the jumper so I have sent them an email asking why. I'm gonna be the hippest looking lad in my store! - maybe..

Also, my manager commended me for ID'ing and Denying a purchase of a lighter by some kids.. Good stuff..
I have 3 days off now.. thankgod :)... I'm gonna go in sometime and submit my Idea about securing registers..my manager thinks its an awesome idea.

Also, does anyone know how the woolworths radio thing works? and whether there is a way to get the playlist for it? some songs i do like!

HSC
I had such a varied day, started off lousy, went pretty good in the middle, fucking shithouse by the end of the night.
I'm too angry (and tired) to even post, so yeah, :(. Tuesdays are fucking bad luck. And I wasn't even meant to be in charge tonight, yet I dealt with it all.

Anyone have a good day today?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Standard terrible night in nightfill. Our back dock is even worse than it was yesterday. And we got a surprise visit from the area manager at 4pm, the ONLY time all day that the dock was respectably tidy lol. Good timing or what? Happy to be out by 1.15am (started at 3). Oh and we had our staff Christmas party for dinner. They actually didn't use leftovers from the day staffs lunch this year. We must be making record sales.

Re music: my nom for worst song on rotation:

[youtube]NMwyzfnqzBw[/youtube]

It's just so relentlessly positive about death! I don't know why, but it always pisses me off when I hear this song. And when you are at work or 9-10 hour days and our rotation seems to be every 3-4 hours, it gets tedious.

Has anyone played Monopoly on the PC? I remember playing it back in high school (hey, I was really bored) and its theme music was just 1930's sounding piano themes. Well that is exactly what half the music we play reminds me of. Back to the future ftw.

HSC
We're also getting an Area Manager visit tomorrow morning (even though they were in last Thursday and Sunday). Thats why I'm so pissed off about how the department had to be left tonight. But seriously, I shouldn't have to cover up the problem though.

I jokingly said to our STM tonight, "so, any chance of extras tomorrow night?". His response "actually, I need to cut two".

FML. This is a store thats one of the best in the state sales-wise. Its not as if we're broke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)