• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
On lunch! Doing 11-20 s/vision. OMG! It has been flat out since we opened apparently. There are three of us and we're all running around like there is no tomorrow. Haha. This woman comes up to me and asked if we're open boxing day. I said we're closed and she goes "WHAT? Your closed?! I thought all supermarkets had to be open boxing day"? And I said nope, we're closed sorry..the she said you were open last year and I was like Well, we're not this year! She was getting so angry at me...like its my fault.

But yer fully busy every register open till like 8.30 or something?
I'm doing 7-17 tomorrow on smoke shop...crap. Cos we're not allowed to have 2 people anymore like we always did any other day they're sending out a rep to fill smokes and we'll make a 'Refunds, Recharge, Customer Enquieries' sign above the other smoke register.

HSC
But yer fully busy every register open till like 8.30 or something?
I'm doing 7-17 tomorrow on smoke shop...crap. Cos we're not allowed to have 2 people anymore like we always did any other day they're sending out a rep to fill smokes and we'll make a 'Refunds, Recharge, Customer Enquieries' sign above the other smoke register.
haha hate to be you tomorrow. When you say rep, do you mean from the cigarette companies? Coz if so that would suck a lot, and they really wouldn't know where stuff goes anyway.

I got given a shift for tomorrow, 10.30-6.30, but three hours later they decided they couldn't afford me. Shameee.

Craven

HSC
I'm working 19.30-24.30 today in c/office and 17.30 - 21.30 tomorrow c/office. Ho ho ho...

Harry778

HSC
haha hate to be you tomorrow. When you say rep, do you mean from the cigarette companies? Coz if so that would suck a lot, and they really wouldn't know where stuff goes anyway.

I got given a shift for tomorrow, 10.30-6.30, but three hours later they decided they couldn't afford me. Shameee.
Yeah British American I think? They seemed to go alright today.

Hahaha. Our CSM never cares about how much he spends really. And neither do any of the other managers, and it's like that all the time. Mostly. Going back in 15 mins...great!

More photos on photo bucket! =D

Last edited:
HSC
Yeah British American I think? They seemed to go alright today.

Hahaha. Our CSM never cares about how much he spends really. And neither do any of the other managers, and it's like that all the time. Mostly. Going back in 15 mins...great!
If that was our smokeshop, that would be so awkward. Its bad enough having two people serving in there, let alone two people plus someone filling.

If I had RSA I would have had bulk hours this week in liquor. I just never expected front end to cut down that badly.

Harry778

HSC
If that was our smokeshop, that would be so awkward. Its bad enough having two people serving in there, let alone two people plus someone filling.

If I had RSA I would have had bulk hours this week in liquor. I just never expected front end to cut down that badly.
Wow, is it that bad? I didnt think they would be game enough...our SSM did the rosters for front end cos she didnt want to risk anything. But then again she's a bit of an idiot. I like her 65% of the time. She loves me when I'm in cash office..but hates me when I'm supervising!

Before that law came out, we always had two smoke shop people on thursday nights and the week ends. So much easier...and we needed it too, we always struggle with filling now. It's NEVER full. But that depends who is on it...when I'm on its immaculate hahaha, as much as possible.

Harry778

HSC
I love the one with your mum! Formal? lol
Yes, formal. Lol..she is a really awesome mum...biggest bitch of a cash office manager/SSM. Hahaha, its so weird...she changes instantly at work to what she is at home. So not looking forward to her coming to my store.

Cigarettes can only be sold from one register, and under 18's can no longer serve them. Before this we usually only had 16-18 yo on it anyway. Completely fucked us over...had to train heaps of people!

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yes, formal. Lol..she is a really awesome mum...biggest bitch of a cash office manager/SSM. Hahaha, its so weird...she changes instantly at work to what she is at home. So not looking forward to her coming to my store.

Cigarettes can only be sold from one register, and under 18's can no longer serve them. Before this we usually only had 16-18 yo on it anyway. Completely fucked us over...had to train heaps of people!
Geeze that must be annoying, 1 register and over 18's? Wonder if Victoria will get this (hope not)

Craven

HSC
Haha, I'm sure she won't be that bad =P

Ah, that's so weird! But explains why there was a big ad hoc on one of the smokeshop registers I saw in Sydney that said "DO NOT SELL CIGARETTES FROM HERE" lol, I was thinking, where do you sell them from? :p Weird. QLD you can sell from any register, by any operator... the only thing about QLD is that cigarette purchases don't count towards fuel offers.

HSC
Wow, is it that bad? I didnt think they would be game enough...our SSM did the rosters for front end cos she didnt want to risk anything. But then again she's a bit of an idiot. I like her 65% of the time. She loves me when I'm in cash office..but hates me when I'm supervising!
Our CSM did our rosters, and she didn't give me many hours because she didn't know how my shoulder was going to be. But then a full time supervisor had a car accident, so I was going to be given her Wednesday and Thursday.

However, on Saturday our SSM cut 90 hours from our budget. Considering that we're only trading 63 hours this week its massive. So I lost that Wednesday and Thursday pretty quickly. Since then he's been trying to find me hours left right and centre, but front end has nothing.

Liquor, however, is having the opposite problem. When their manager quit, he originally agreed to work until new year, then leave. But he didn't last that long, and he walked out mid-last week. Their 2IC has taken over as manager no problem, but they've also had two full timers quit in the last two weeks. So basically, they're fucked. My SSM admitted yesterday that he spent Saturday trying to find an RSA course in the city for me to do on Monday (through a private provider), but that didn't pan out well.

As much as I bag out my SSM for the way he deals with customers and general store protocol, he's pretty good to me. I just won't tell him I'm covering a 15 year old on Saturday...

Treefeet

HSC
just curious, how much has your woolworths/bigw store made this week?
Monday we did somewhere in the $130,000
Tuesday we did $160,000
and ill see what we make tonight being Wednesday.

But when i was working on Self-serve on Monday night, i was manual putting people through self-serve it was that busy and im sure ill have to do it again tonight :( its all fun and games :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not too busy today.

Lol, apaz @ Hornsby store, put a pallet of bananas on top of a pallet of watermelon. whole things collapsed and CRUSHED a david jones company car, lol.

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

This may have been asked before (sorry if it has), but my sister works at Coles and says that from 6PM Christmas Eve pay is considered as if it's a public holiday in terms of pay. Does anything like this apply for Woolworths for tommorow? Thanks for the help.

On another note, can anyone please link me to the current agreement and whatnot (Victoria); I'd like to find out if I can face dismissal for no reason (purely as I constantly have arguments with my sister, don't really think I'd get dimissed any time soon heh) and as to how cancelling shifts as a casual employee works (if they roster me as a casual, can I cancel my shift in advance say by a couple of days, do I need a certificate if I call in sick etc).

Just a few things I'm generally curious about (incase something happens, such as a while back when one of my managers wanted a certificate off me for calling sick with the flu, despite me being casual).

Thank you greatly to anyone who can help.

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Arh. Got my $200 backpay today from working Aug 1st-now , damn bastards, why couple days before Xmas, needed money last week.

Anyone else using this Salary Sacfice Scheme for the Xmas period? Hoping to save at least $200 on a $1000 purchase on a LCD tv.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Standard terrible night in nightfill. Our back dock is even worse than it was yesterday. And we got a surprise visit from the area manager at 4pm, the ONLY time all day that the dock was respectably tidy lol. Good timing or what?
We had both SSS and AM in today, but thank god AM was in a very cheery mood AND remembered my name even though i've hardly spoken to him. My bloody SM only just learnt it. Except i had to discreetly hide from them as a did yet another dodgy mobile phone purchase, and was so discreet that i lost all the customer's details as soon as they left LAWL. No one will steal her identity anyway, she's quite poor.

But then i was suddenly promoted to store hero for telling everyone about the Online ID check on POS (thanks Woolies BoS!!!!), so now we won't all get the sack.

Poor you! Xmas eve rocks.

Haha, I'm sure she won't be that bad =P

Ah, that's so weird! But explains why there was a big ad hoc on one of the smokeshop registers I saw in Sydney that said "DO NOT SELL CIGARETTES FROM HERE" lol, I was thinking, where do you sell them from? :p Weird. QLD you can sell from any register, by any operator... the only thing about QLD is that cigarette purchases don't count towards fuel offers.
Same here, i heart it.

Not too busy today.

Lol, apaz @ Hornsby store, put a pallet of bananas on top of a pallet of watermelon. whole things collapsed and CRUSHED a david jones company car, lol.
HA! i love those random stories.

It was flatttt out today, express alerted alot. Oh and the guy who brought in the new printer was soooo hot. He can change my receipt roll any day.

SS-champion

HSC
what's the rule/policy with the ID check for selling a mobile phone or sim card?

Do we have to fill out the AMTA form and do it on the computer or POS?

Or can we just do it on the computer/POS without the form?

Or just the form?

It seems stupid to do both... the info is getting sent to the same people.
No one has been able to give me a definite answer at my store.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Today was pretty busy for us as well.

But yay for starting work at 4am! and finishing at 3pm.
WOOO

I was apparennlty rostered 4 hours over the amount they're allowed to roster me on for this week. haha.

Can't wait till xmas is over, and for the new year to come.

Harry778

HSC
what's the rule/policy with the ID check for selling a mobile phone or sim card?

Do we have to fill out the AMTA form and do it on the computer or POS?

Or can we just do it on the computer/POS without the form?

Or just the form?

It seems stupid to do both... the info is getting sent to the same people.
No one has been able to give me a definite answer at my store.
If you don't do it there is like a $10 million fine. Or so I read.

You need a drivers license or a credit card. Pretty sure there is a list of things they need. I think you need two things from list A and 3 or 4 from list B. But if they have the two things from list A, that is all they need.

You only have to do it from the POS/Computer. The form is not necessary.

Rest of my shift was fucked. Everyone was still goin at it!! Glad they still had every register open when I left. Hahaha, they've got two closing supervisors, it'll be that busy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)