The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently mentally preparing myself for my 36 hours of 2ICing this week. Never done anything on that scale before and I rather hope I don't make a total idiot of myself by not knowing anything.
Lol, just call me if you get stuck, i'm always taking odd phone calls at odd hours

yesterday morning, 7am, still drunk and awake: "Aleeeeeex, EFT didnt balance, what do i do"

friday night, 8:30pm, about to go out "aleeeeeex, how do i do a cheque"

monday afternoon, day off, "aleeeeeeex, somebody called in sick"

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
AH, lol, I thought about doing that but figured I would get into trouble if we got audited :p
it's only a temporary measure for X-mas, it also is the username of an employee who only sometimes works at our store, so it's a legit account, that just hardly ever gets used. before that i've always just used other peoples numbers who i've picked up over the years.

we're pretty lax on security, whenever somebody wants an overide when it's busy i just normally yell my numbers out to them (i'm number 10 now, <3 it)

Harry778

HSC
I have some new photos on photo bucket people. Glad I'm not closing tonight. It's meant to be my week end off but the supervisor last night called in sick on Friday >=( So they were like Harrrrrrrrrrry! lol. Found out my mum is doing 4 weeks head office cashier relief after the new year at my store! Didnt think she would be allowed considering I'm a supervisor? That will not be fun. She is totally different at work..BITCH. Work tomorrow..6-11 gayyyyyy.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have some new photos on photo bucket people. Glad I'm not closing tonight. It's meant to be my week end off but the supervisor last night called in sick on Friday >=( So they were like Harrrrrrrrrrry! lol. Found out my mum is doing 4 weeks head office cashier relief after the new year at my store! Didnt think she would be allowed considering I'm a supervisor? That will not be fun. She is totally different at work..BITCH. Work tomorrow..6-11 gayyyyyy.
in Harry35.jpg picture by Harry7784 - Photobucket

whose the girl on the right, she looks sooooo familiar

danberg

HSC
What I WOULD like to see is the ability to sign yourself off from a register if you try to sign onto another one (that is so freaking annoying!).
I've thought that for so long, though thinking of the cons, someone could just type in your number and sign u off (like i did repeatedly one shift to someone i didnt like, but thru force sign off, lol (yes yes i know, evil))

and LOL to just shouting out your numbers, anyone could just hear them and open a register, removing its contents...though are thieves this smart??? Lets hope not!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
just curious, do any of you guys know anyone who has done the woolworths graduate program, in say finance/accounting? whats the grad program like? thinking bout applying for it..
I didn't apply for finance/accounting, but I applied for marketing. I was rejected after the phone interview, which frankly stunned me as I had five years experience at Woolworths and a near distinction average, so in an internal process I assumed I would have a great shot.

Long story short, in April/May applied for the (external so theoretically much, much harder) Coles grad program out of spite, got accepted, I start February. Then about a month later I got a call from HR indicated they had made a mistake and they would find me a job now I was joining Coles, but I declined. I'm going where I am wanted, not some pity job somewhere in Bella Vista. So my time at Woolworths in ending in six weeks.

What does this say about the grad program, or more specifically HR? I don't know, but I am not complaining with the job I have been offered at Coles. Fantastic salary, and a real opportunity to awaken a sleeping giant. Let's face it, Woolworths does nearly everything better, so there is so much more scope for improvement at Coles. But I digress. As with any of the grad roles, you will just rotate around set functions for two years. Great if you have a passion for supermarkets.

HSC
I don't know how WA stores do it - you make the same sales (maybe more) as us with restricted trading hours! Must be crazyily busy all the time.
Thats pretty much it. We also have four other stores within 20 minutes or so of us.

I still don't know what I'm working next week (ie, the week commencing tomorrow). Though my SSM said he was going to find me hours somewhere.

monday afternoon, day off, "aleeeeeeex, somebody called in sick"
thats pathetic

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
I have another idea... when an operator walks away from their register and it automatically secures.. there should be an option for the supervisor to put in their numbers and it will sign off whoever is on the register? Makes it much easier than going into the PC to force sign off... And I totally agree with the cardswipe login... am considering attempting to make my own :D

HSC
I have another idea... when an operator walks away from their register and it automatically secures.. there should be an option for the supervisor to put in their numbers and it will sign off whoever is on the register? Makes it much easier than going into the PC to force sign off... And I totally agree with the cardswipe login... am considering attempting to make my own :D
That one is a good idea.

Harry778

HSC
Wow, odd. imagine doing a close with your mum :s
I know!!! And I will be. Starting from the 10 of Jan next year. She'll do sat and sun night close same as me. Pretty sure she's wanted to be SSM for like aaaages now. Imagine that! She a total bitch at work..as soon as the uniform is off she is normal..lol it's like..the fuck?

HSC
I know!!! And I will be. Starting from the 10 of Jan next year. She'll do sat and sun night close same as me. Pretty sure she's wanted to be SSM for like aaaages now. Imagine that! She a total bitch at work..as soon as the uniform is off she is normal..lol it's like..the fuck?
We have a bit of the opposite at our store. The daughter is Office Cashier/quasi supervisor, and the mum is an operator. Its quite funny.

groovygirl

HSC
whats the go with my store cutting hours and cancelling shifts the whole week and last minute. I only had one shift this week. Todays shift got cancelled when i was already ready for work and just about to leave. Cant they tell me days before. Why do they have to cut my hours when i only did one saturday shift this week wtf

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh dear, i'm showing my age, on the old registers, if the register was in secure mode, you could insert the supervisor key, type in 15 then hit transcode button, type your numbers, and the register would de-secure.

HSC
oh dear, i'm showing my age, on the old registers, if the register was in secure mode, you could insert the supervisor key, type in 15 then hit transcode button, type your numbers, and the register would de-secure.
You are too. :eek:

I started the week that my store got the new registers, so I never had the old ones.

By supervisor key, (okay this could sound really stupid) but was it an actual physical key, or just numbers like we have now?

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I remember when I first started Working at Woolworths I tried creating my own login barcode, but I could never get it to scan on the log in screen.

I did duplicate my staff discount card though :p
I did exactly the same thing with the SCO barcode, and it hasn't expired yet. With WOWPOS SCO, the numbers aren't randomised...they're actually your sign on numbers and password. You can use freely available software to decipher the barcodes numbers and find out what the user number and password actually is.

Say my barcodes numbers are: 9200005723459

57 is my user number and 2345 is my password...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You are too. :eek:

I started the week that my store got the new registers, so I never had the old ones.

By supervisor key, (okay this could sound really stupid) but was it an actual physical key, or just numbers like we have now?
it was a physical key, went into the side of the register to change the mode, there were 5 modes i think, mode 1 was normal, mode 3 was supervision, mode 4 was manager, never found out what the others were.

if you typed in your numbers then it wouldnt do anything without the key, you couldnt supervise your own register either. and your numbers on the register corresponded to your back office/gun numbers, so your numbers changed based on your level

1-9 Store Manager
10-19 Department manager
20-29 Audit
30-39 Systems
40-49 Office Cashier
50-69 Service Supervisor
70-399 Operator
400-499 Stocktake
500-509 Store Manager

forget the rest, but you get the idea

PyroTek

HSC
awesome.. I'm on systems numbers...
I think I might be getting a 10-19 number sometime soon.. apparently Meat manager wants me to do his relief next year for 2 weeks...

Also, is there any resource that I can read at home on using woolworths systems? such as guns etc. and Standard Operating Procedures?
I'm interested to see what the "proper" way to do things is... etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)