The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Home! Finished at 11. Takes me 35 mins to drive from where I work. I live at Point Piper (Sydney) and I have to cross the bridge.

We got smashed all morning. Someone rolled under the first roller door as it was opening. Bit keen? The SSM came down and served on smoke shop so I had to go to express. Apparently she's too important to do anything other than. She goes
"I'll serve here and can you go to register 7" I felt like saying yes your majesty. I was watching her and she didnt know where anything was! Then I went back to smoke shop and she tried to have a joke with me. I was just like mmmmm... The Rori (CSM) was like 'Sorry, she insisted to help out, EVEN THOUGH I had it under control'

Hahaha, she always does that!

Craven

HSC
I'm glad I wasn't at work this morning... they decided not to top up the safe at all during the week and thus I had to somehow find 40k to bring the safe back up... I just made it (my envelope last night was $371.50), but all the tills were pretty much EMPTY, lol! So everyone would have whinged all morning "I have no change!"

bdude

HSC
I'm glad I wasn't at work this morning... they decided not to top up the safe at all during the week and thus I had to somehow find 40k to bring the safe back up... I just made it (my envelope last night was $371.50), but all the tills were pretty much EMPTY, lol! So everyone would have whinged all morning "I have no change!"
I hate Monday morning shifts. We only get 3 x $50 notes in our floats and of course everyone wants cash out. Well too bad.

Craven

HSC
Some tills I left no 50s, 2 x $20s... one bundle of tens and fives lol..

Harry778

HSC
I hate Monday morning shifts. We only get 3 x $50 notes in our floats and of course everyone wants cash out. Well too bad.

I know it sucks!! Cos on Sunday nights we cant have heaps of change, so we're always looking for draws with no change and swap it around. So then there is no change in the morning.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I love how people crack the shits majorly when they cant get $400 out. I remember a couple weeks back, I had basically no notes in my draw (a few 10's and 5's), and this customer wanted like $450.
People think money just stays in the till/float permanently and accumulates.. (roll eyes)

bdude

HSC
I love how people crack the shits majorly when they cant get $400 out. I remember a couple weeks back, I had basically no notes in my draw (a few 10's and 5's), and this customer wanted like $450.
People think money just stays in the till/float permanently and accumulates.. (roll eyes)
I know, when you only get $320 in your notes you have to make it last a long time, especially when they leave you no coins from the night before.

Some bitch was like "Can't you just get a negative clearance?" which of course I can so I had no other excuse.

We're not an ATM, Cash Out is offered as a service, one which I'm normally happy to do because it means that I don't have to do a clearance every hour.

On a side note, for some reason when I started I couldn't wait to send something up the chute, I'd always wondered what they were there for. But I'm just a supermarket nerd.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I know, when you only get $320 in your notes you have to make it last a long time, especially when they leave you no coins from the night before.

Some bitch was like "Can't you just get a negative clearance?" which of course I can so I had no other excuse.

We're not an ATM, Cash Out is offered as a service, one which I'm normally happy to do because it means that I don't have to do a clearance every hour.

On a side note, for some reason when I started I couldn't wait to send something up the chute, I'd always wondered what they were there for. But I'm just a supermarket nerd.
Negative Clearance? :\ Are you talking about pick ups?

Harry778

HSC

hahah me too. I was like omg! does money go in there? lol.

HSC
I leave no 50s for Monday mornings. They get, as the absolute maximum, 5 x 20, 20 x 10, 20 x 5. But thats the ABSOLUTE MAX.

Ha, one of the supervisors did the funniest thing the other day. She had finished counting my register and instead of pressing the 'OK' button hit Cancel and the whole thing was cancelled and she had to start again. Lucky there were no customers waiting though.
I do this all the time :(

Craven

HSC
I was showing someone how to do a spotcheck and I cleared what she had just counted, LOL, I was like... oops... :S

Craven

HSC
lol, I'm serious, amongst the capsules there was a mars bar and it looked quite worn (but still in date) lol, I was like, ooh a treat for me! :p

LOL one time my 2IC was trying to dislodge a capsule in the pipe with a feather duster when it got sucked out of her hands and broke the system LOL!

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
Ha, one of the supervisors did the funniest thing the other day. She had finished counting my register and instead of pressing the 'OK' button hit Cancel and the whole thing was cancelled and she had to start again. Lucky there were no customers waiting though.
Isn't that because you have to press NO instead of enter at the end of a spot check nowadays?

Also, I had a customer who wanted $400 out.. and I say "I only have $100 in my register at the moment..." she says "So what am I meant to do?"...
I ask her "what can I do about it? I can't pull notes from thin air unfortunately" (I wouldnt be working at woolies if i could:skip:)
Yeah so I saved her transaction and sent her to smokeshop. But I love how customers expect you to give them money you don't have..

IMathew:
I have done 2 spot checks as an operator, but thats cause the supers trust me and they were overworked (past end of shift, still 4 drawers to be counted.. also their counts weren't balancing.. mine did fortunately :D)
But usually, no, operators can't count drawers unlesss they also work in cash office and have the numbers to I guess... That's what happens at our store anyway

Last edited:

Craven

HSC
Isn't that because you have to press NO instead of enter at the end of a spot check nowadays?
Lol, yeah, the girl I was teaching freaked out when I said you have to press No to go back to the first screen, lol.. but I cleared it because I accidentally went back into the cash part without pushing ADD.

He probably means at the very end of the spotcheck, it goes "spotcheck does not balance do you want to accept" accept/cancel... ?

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Yeah so I saved her transaction and sent her to smokeshop. But I love how customers expect you to give them money you don't have..
The other day I didn't have any cash and lots of people were asking for cash out. So what I was doing was telling them: sorry, I dont have any, but after they have paid for their groceries they can go over to self serve and do a cash withdrawal there. Then like after the 4th person the supervisor comes over and asks me if Im sending people to self serve to get cash out - tells me not to do that, and that I have to save the transaction and get the supervisor to take them to smokeshop and do it. Why!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)