The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Oh and another whinge, I'm so over the freaking pilgrims coming into work. I work in south south Sydney but they're everywhere...although there is 500 staying in the school 200m from us.

greekgun

HSC
jodi..1 said:
But oh god I love other people who just go off at bitchy customers, for example, the conversation I heard today.
Customer: *whinging about the lack of staff*
Employee: Where are your kids?
Customer: At home watching tv...
Employee: And how old are they?
Customer: 15...
Employee: Well why don't you tell them to get off their arse and get a job here then THEY can serve you.

Meh /long post
lol, i wish i had the guts to say that stuff to customers.

HSC
jodi..1 said:
But oh god I love other people who just go off at bitchy customers, for example, the conversation I heard today.
Customer: *whinging about the lack of staff*
Employee: Where are your kids?
Customer: At home watching tv...
Employee: And how old are they?
Customer: 15...
Employee: Well why don't you tell them to get off their arse and get a job here then THEY can serve you.
I love it, so true.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
Mark-AJ said:
Just use the temporary sign-in book, and when you see a manager, let them know you're not in the FingerScan system, they'll get someone from Cash Office or the SSM to enter you into the system.... I prefer the book I reckon, those fuckin finger things HATE me!
haha nsns..the finger scan thing hates my guts...soooo annoying..keeps telling me to try again..have been unsuccessful so many times..grrrr stupid thing

tillllly

HSC
shinji said:
Why the hate?

as Born2b stated, i thought you worked at woolworths.
At woolworth's, it is open from 6am to 10pm on sundays. So what's the give? That rude comment was completely uncalled for.
shinji, my apologies for my comment.
no in queensland, goldcoast ( i dont know where you work) sundays are our shortest days. 9-6...
unless u mean people start work at 6 (like deli people and shit).. thats not what i meant. i meant before we let the customers in until after they ahave left

:)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
tillllly said:
shinji, my apologies for my comment.
no in queensland, goldcoast ( i dont know where you work) sundays are our shortest days. 9-6...
unless u mean people start work at 6 (like deli people and shit).. thats not what i meant. i meant before we let the customers in until after they ahave left

:)
lol not a problem.

At my store on sundays, we're open from 7am to 10pm. I live in NSW, Sydney. Typo there on my error. supposed to be 7am.
And I also do start work at 6am. lol, quite annoying to get up. esp now that it's winter. <_<

HSC
hes a fucking fat cunt, about 7-8weeks new, thinks he knows everything, every little thing i dont do he catches me on it, and its just him, my actual department manager is cool with me, but this guy...is just a fuckwit. and at times my collegues and i find him sitting in his office eating. doesn't do jackshit and only comes out for a little facing or fixing up displays.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
I don't hate my store manager OR my service manager... I feel left out :(

Townie, just out of curiosity, does all the wine / beer case lifting affect ones muscles after a while? Or as some of my neanderthal like mates would put it "Will I get good guns bro?"

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Mark-AJ said:
I don't hate my store manager OR my service manager... I feel left out :(

Townie, just out of curiosity, does all the wine / beer case lifting affect ones muscles after a while? Or as some of my neanderthal like mates would put it "Will I get good guns bro?"
i suppose, theoretically, i havent noticed anything though

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
ditto that.
although i have noticed some shaping of some muscles from lifting 12kg boxes repeatedly of chicken. And sometimes 36kg's. but that's like only for a few seconds usually. I do 24kgs mainly when i am short on time.
but its not as good as going to the gym

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Yes.. anyway. Has anyone seen the new 'slogan' on the catalogues, registers etc?
"We're Fresh Food People, because you are".

I wanted to kill myself when I saw that.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Hooray so i got an interview for woolies liquor on thursday. Is it the same deal as the stuff in the "Woolworths FAQ" thread, or is it more casual? (the manager called me a few days after i applied online and there wasn't a phone interview or anything, she just wanted me to come down on thursday)

And if anyone else who works for woolies liquor wants to give any feedback or anything, go for it (good or bad haha)

I asked about what shifts they need filled and they said monday, friday and saturday nights, which fits in quite well with my uni timetable.

CieL

HSC
townie said:
hate my new store manager too
Me tooooo. Mine's a sexist fuckwit who thinks he's king shit of the store and the rest of the world!

HSC
I think I might start to love working on Sundays. There was almost no stock left, and my job was largely reduced to walking around keeping everything tidy and trying to hide empty shelves.

It was quite enjoyable, seeing a bunch of empty or almost empty shelves of fast selling stock like chicken breast, and knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

I was so impressed with myself I spent the last half hour of my shift dozing off in the lunch room.

Unfortunately karma seems to have caught up with me, and I'm starting at 7am on Wednesday :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)