• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Trampoline Man said:
I think I might start to love working on Sundays. There was almost no stock left, and my job was largely reduced to walking around keeping everything tidy and trying to hide empty shelves.

It was quite enjoyable, seeing a bunch of empty or almost empty shelves of fast selling stock like chicken breast, and knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

I was so impressed with myself I spent the last half hour of my shift dozing off in the lunch room.

Unfortunately karma seems to have caught up with me, and I'm starting at 7am on Wednesday :(
soon, you'll be starting work at 6am like the rest of us who do opens. lol.

CieL

HSC
shinji said:
soon, you'll be starting work at 6am like the rest of us who do opens. lol.
Heh my opens start at 5:30am [coles]
By myself.
It's so lonely!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
CieL said:
By myself.
It's so lonely!
eesh.

may i say that, that would suck. lol
what dept ?

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
By myself.
It's so lonely!
How sad is it when so many people camp outside the store waiting for it to open. Most of them are old people and bogans wanting ciggies.

CieL

HSC
shinji said:
eesh.

may i say that, that would suck. lol
what dept ?
Service.
In that half an hour I gotta fill and spot 3 cash drawers, then pack 2 cabinets worth of cigarettes, and fill half if not all the individual packets of smokes on display [we're not in a shopping centre, and we dont have gates on the windows/shop, so everything has to be put in the vault at night then repacked in the morning].
I seriously gotta break a sweat.

greekgun said:
How sad is it when so many people camp outside the store waiting for it to open. Most of them are old people and bogans wanting ciggies.
Yup definately.
We had this really really ugly and fat, possibly drugged up or retarded woman sticking her face in the window outside. It was still pitch dark so all you see is her face. Creepy. She watched me pack n shit for half an hour until the doors opened. Came in, bought a deck of smokes, then disappeared.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
SO pissed off with BigW office staff atm. We opened a new store, give them my tax fie number, after 4weeks, they still hanv't added it onto their system or sent it away. I gave it to them 2weeks before my first shift!!!

I have been getting taxed about 30% of my weekly pay

NOT HAPPY JAN!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
My last 8am start will be on friday. fucking stoked.

Made sure when i changed my timetable for this semester i put 10am start time.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
At BigW, I am only a Casual assosicate in "Leisure"(Sports, home et, toys..) and tonight I have to speak to the woman about a "Contract". I can pick my own hours, so will they let me on Sunday, or are Woolies scabs with Sunday pay??

mlee72

HSC
milocole said:
At BigW, I am only a Casual assosicate in "Leisure"(Sports, home et, toys..) and tonight I have to speak to the woman about a "Contract". I can pick my own hours, so will they let me on Sunday, or are Woolies scabs with Sunday pay??
No, they pay you time and a half (in QLD, might me different in your interstate) but if you go on a "contract" u will most likely be part time in which case you loose your 20% casual loading.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
No, Im only casual and I am on a Casual Contract only meaning the same hours every week, just for my department. Mainly cause my Business Manager is a fat slob who wouldn't bother even doing rosters, too busy eating BigMacs(new maccas just opened outside our store in the shopping centre,lol). Last week she didn't do rosters, and just expected everyone to show up, well not me........

adistar85us

HSC
has anyone experienced workplace politics (backstabbing, gossipping etc) in their line of work at woolies? Its pretty bad at my place (Id rather not say which)
, every employee and supervisor backstabs each other and worse their chums face to face. :bomb:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it's bad anywhere, particularly if a new manager comes in, but even without such a glorious (pfffft) event, it just happens, naturally. just try nod your head and smile if such events occur, makes it non-commital, but usually shuts the other person up, however, i do encourage healthy bitching if you genuinely have issues with another work-mate/boss, it helps enourmously

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
townie said:
it's bad anywhere, particularly if a new manager comes in, but even without such a glorious (pfffft) event, it just happens, naturally. just try nod your head and smile if such events occur, makes it non-commital, but usually shuts the other person up, however, i do encourage healthy bitching if you genuinely have issues with another work-mate/boss, it helps enourmously
agreed.

it happens all the time at my woolies. Manager/morning staff keep on saying "blahblahblah, why don't the night staff do their jobs, blah blah blah." I bitch sometimes, but only when they annoy me.

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
Woolworths SCAMMED ME!!

Ok they didnt scam me i just wanted you to read my topic which you clearly are, anyway....

I did woolworths group assessment on the 23rd and i thought i did fairly ok. not amazing but ok. I had a cold, my voice was being gay and i wasn't very social but anyway i haven't heard back from them since. Have i been rejected? or do they take forever to contact you on whether your successful or not? I hate it when people play with my feelings like this. it makes me feel like eating my hamster.

suppport me plzz.

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
Re: Woolworths SCAMMED ME!!

Judging by your childish avatar i think you need to "grow up"

zomg gg i win

jumb

mr jumb
HSC

Zakaev said:

zomg gg i win
Someone called you childish, and you're comeback was "no you are!"

Well played, good sir.

greekgun

HSC

Zakaev said:

zomg gg i win
Booo u suck. Ur the chilish one..."zomg gg i win" seriously its people like u who make me cringe. And harden the fuck up, just apply for another job and stop saying "but i had a sore throat...it was being gay, i had a cold" and so on because everyone experiences that type of shit.

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
lol yeah ok enjoy your naruto and bleach u perverted anime freak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)