The Sopranos (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Where are you watching these? I've only seen up to the last released dvd of season 6 part 1...so I'm afraid i can't comment on the recent episodes.

...although i hope nothing happens to bobby b, he's one of the only remaining characters i actually like.

also, meadow is kind of hot now that adriana is gone, but she's nothing special really, especially during the porky years. the scene in the pink underwear is an exception i will concede.

cant wait for the rest. someone tell me (in laymans terms, if you please) how to watch the eps that have leaked.

ps. much <3 to walrusbear for reminding me of my deep and undying love for mankind's greatest ever tv show.

walrusbear

HSC
there's been 4 new episodes (5 to go :()
you have to download the new ones through torrents. msg if you aren't sure...

and bobby plays a big part in the 1st one

pete_mate

HSC
AlleyCat said:
Where are you watching these? I've only seen up to the last released dvd of season 6 part 1...so I'm afraid i can't comment on the recent episodes.
where've you been on the internet for the past 3 years?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
wahhh... this really is one of the best shows ever. after much anticipation i finally got into it (better late then never). I'd always see it on tv but not know what was going on... but my friend has season 1-5 on dvd... my god. i finished season 5 like a month ago. i cant fucking wait to see more, but i cant afford season 6 on dvd :\

it was really intense doing all of series 1-5 for the first time in the space of about 2 months... but i really see now how this shit is so addictive.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

walrusbear

HSC
holy crap!

has anyone else seen 'kennedy and heidi' yet??

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah I've been following it every week walrus.
It's been 2 weeks and I still can't believe he died like that. I really hated Tony that week.. then last week I liked him again when he dived into the pool to save AJ, and particularly when he beat the crap through Coco

It's been a damn strong season, or part thereof. The most plot driven obviously, which I don't usually love in this show, but it's been handled very well this time. Have you seen the preview for next week walrus? Could just be the producers having some fun with the audience but it looks like there could be a real bloodbath ala end of OZ coming up.

walrusbear

HSC
thank heavens, someone else is on board

yes your spoiler described my feelings exactly
they really know how to twist their audience any direction they'd like

as for the sudden emphasis on narrative, they've timed it well. the stories work when we've invested this much time with the characters.

i haven't seen the preview?
it would be funny if they did end with a bloodbath. there's been so much speculation on mboards that the new york story thread is just a red herring.

ech bring on the last two!
though i'm going to be incredibly sad when it's all over

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The preview for Blue Comet can be found on youtube, walrus.

I get the feeling that a few will die. A lot of speculation that Bobby and Silvio are getting it next episode. Pure speculation though. Then there's the FBI thing. I guess Tony could do a Henry Hill and go to the feds, but I think it's pretty unlikely. We'll know by the next episode certainly. Agent Harris hasn't made an appearance for a couple of episodes, but they'll be involved one way or another. By the way, you can also find some Sopranos clips on youtube, including the scene with Chris's intervention. Hilarious stuff, also in hindsight,
some interesting if not necessarily intentional foreshadowing.

Last edited:

pete_mate

HSC
heh, god i loved the last episode.

after tony hears about coco and meadow, he's going out and carmella's like, "where are you going" and he's like, i have to go to a meeting, with this look of sheer malice on his face.

looks like there'll be an all out brawl, the tension has escalated to crazy heights :p.

if there is a brawl, its a shame christopher wont partake, he's great to watch when he's angry

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. you remember when he and Paulie whacked Mikey Palmice in the first season? Good times.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Something to add- there are now new pictures out on the HBO website from the next episode 'The Blue Comet'.

New episode out, go go go !

Last edited:

pete_mate

HSC
my god, that episode was so awesome, cant wait for the finale.

that must be the only tv episode that i ever have or will watch over again immediately after ive seen it

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yep. Here's to Tony making Phil Leotardo suffer in the finale.

RIP Bobby and probably Sil

walrusbear

HSC
also, a small inconsequential thought...

anyone notice a reference, of sorts, to goodfellas during the episode after they whack the leotardo lookalike?? the barman brings the newspaper article over to paulie and sil and says 'who does this look like?' or something. similar to the scene in goodfellaswhen the leotardo (don't know the actor's name) is stabbed to the fuck in the boot of the car and they're having dinner at someone's mother's (can't remember who) and she's painted a picture that looks like the leotardo guy and joe pesci jokes: 'hey that kinda reminds me of someone'
ech
well if anyone can understand that incoherent tract, tell me :p

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Been a while since I last saw Goodfellas, so I don't remember that scene.

But the actor's name is Frank Vincent. There's a video of him on some talk show on youtube. Amazing how much he resembles Phil Leotardo.. er.. amazing how much Phil Leotardo resembles him.

On another note.. what heck is this 'gabagool' that Tony keeps eating? I know it's something that goes in a sandwich but man.. sure sounds funky, and not in a good way.

Anyone care to predict the last episode? Will Tony survive?

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Very interesting read that.

I don't think I've ever been able to watch Tony going about his business discompassionately enough. Except for when he killed first Ralphie, then
Christopher
I never really took a step back to consider the moral angle.. which now that I think about it, was somewhat naive of me. It's just been such an entertaining show that I've never bothered to analyse. That's really saying something.

walrusbear

HSC
yeah likewise
but there's plenty of 'academic' approaches to take
that site has some interesting ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)