The Sims 2 (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Sorry about the double post guys but this Secret society thing is driving me crazy!

I went and made friends with three of the students wearing the llama coats/blazers (as was mentioned before). At 11pm a limo turns up, a guy comes in and does a weird chicken dance/handshake thing, handcuffs my sim and leads him to the car (as was also mentioned). Everybody gets in the limo and it drives off. The loading screen appears saying "loading Voulavent society" and then, once it finishes loading, game returns to my house at the uni, dumps my guy out the front of it and then drives off. Then another limo and a taxi both drive past my house and don't stop. This happens every night at 11pm now that i have those 3 particular friends.
I thought there might have been a glitch in the lot i was living in so i moved my sim into a new house and the same thing happens.

Has this happened to anyone else? or is my game just dodge?

EDIT: never fear guys! The Open for Business update fixes about 50 or so errors according to maxis, one of which is:
When being inducted into a Secret Society, the Sim will be taken to the Secret Society’s lot, not returned home.

I've downloaded it, installed it and will give it another shot.

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
didn't you know that everytime they introduce a new expansion there will always be bugs?

i stopped playing cause i downloaded a mod that effectively defeats the purpose of the game. that plus i've discovered all the different aspects of the game, prior to the mod cheat.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
There are ways to exploit the game without using cheats. If you want a successful college unit first you must have a great teenager with lots of scholarships enter university, then buy one of those small houses and maintain it but before that sim that owns that house leave uni have another teenager enter college and have them join the house hold, one finishes uni and a new young adult adds to the house with money and objects and soon enough you will have a house full of useful stuff.

I found the game was only addictive if you maintained the perfect routine in getting a career and getting to the top and moving to a new career when you are bored, having popular aspiration and painting a masterpiece want I had all the money and aspiration I ever needed and my sim could live forever because of the aspiration reward.

HSC
I have this child sim who hates his parents. particularly his mother, lifetime relationship is about -50 with her. Thing is, i don't know why. It all started when his parents made out in the same room. He only has one bad memory in his life yet he really doesn't like them. His step-brother is fine and has lifetime relationships of 100 with both of them. It's weird.

Has anyone else had sims with attitude problems?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
The_highwayman said:
I have this child sim who hates his parents. particularly his mother, lifetime relationship is about -50 with her. Thing is, i don't know why. It all started when his parents made out in the same room. He only has one bad memory in his life yet he really doesn't like them. His step-brother is fine and has lifetime relationships of 100 with both of them. It's weird.

The neighbour of my male sim (who he has never met before) came by randomly and wouldn't stop shoving him. I hid my sim in the shower. :(

Oh and all my sims want is to woohoo. Their wants are: woohoo with 3 different sims, woohoo in bed, woohoo in hot-tub, woo-hoo in public.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The_highwayman said:

My teenage twins had a major attitude change when they caught their mother flirting with someone who wasn't their father.

Nakashima said:
The neighbour of my male sim (who he has never met before) came by randomly and wouldn't stop shoving him. I hid my sim in the shower. :(
Was one of your sims looking through a telescope during the day? Cause thats what happens when your sim looks through a telescope, they look at neighbours houses, and someone comes over and shoves you out of the way.

HSC
Cape said:
My teenage twins had a major attitude change when they caught their mother flirting with someone who wasn't their father.
He likes his dad now. I mean, not perfect friends but friends nonetheless. It must be something to do with his mum making out with his dad whilst he was in the room. she initiated it and so she cops the wrath? :confused: anyway, everytime he walks past her now a thought bubble appears above his head with her face crossed out but she still wants to be best friends with him (family aspiration).
Oh, and in the loading screen (as you enter the house) the [now] teenage sim has his arms folded and is frowning rather disconcertingly at the others. That took me by surprise because, usually, everyone is all smiles and waving or something.

I guess he'll just have to be really good friends with his dad. The dad is due to die any day now and my sim could do with a nice inheritance. :eek:

Was one of your sims looking through a telescope during the day? Cause thats what happens when your sim looks through a telescope, they look at neighbours houses, and someone comes over and shoves you out of the way.
It's mortimer goth. Something to do with the 'missing/murdered' Bella Goth...
Nakashima, change your sim's aspiration using the ReNuYu Senso-orb (it's an aspiration reward if you have nightlife). It sounds as if your sim is a "romance sim". Change it to something like "family" and all they'll want to do is talk.
Romance sims are cool though. they're fairly easy to satisfy if they live alone and have a few girl/boyfriends on the side that they can call up and have their way with. Only problem is that they never want to get married so basically never settle down.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
Oh and all my sims want is to woohoo. Their wants are: woohoo with 3 different sims, woohoo in bed, woohoo in hot-tub, woo-hoo in public.
This would be normal if that sim had the romance aspiration. I've also noticed that sims can temporarily switch to other types of wants, e.g I had a sim with the knowledge aspiration but I started making several intimate relationships which resulted in them wanting to do more romantic things instead of studying and getting job promotions. As soon as I got them working again their wants would change back to knowledge.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The Want/Fear systems is pretty good if you think about it. Say a sim was chatting to another, then alot of the Wants change to become linked to the current situation, that being becoming friends with the sim, flirting with the sim or woohooing with the sim. If you get the Nightlife expansion there is a dating mini game which is quite alot of fun and you get to woohoo much quicker if you're really good. You can do it in the photo booth :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
woohooing in the car, is the funniest thing they have put on for ages.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
My god I need this game.

I started playing sims 1 during these uni holidays and discovered sims 2. I need it baaad. I'll get it by Wednesday but.

It sounds major fun. Especially when all I do in sims 1 is make mansions and make everyone sleep with each other and watch the social problems fly.

<3 drama

Riviet

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
It sounds major fun. Especially when all I do in sims 1 is make mansions and make everyone sleep with each other and watch the social problems fly.
I'm sure you'll find it a blast. In the standalone Sims 2, you can build up to 3 storey mansions and create gorgeous-looking sims, not to mention the graphics are significantly better than the original Sims. But you would probably already know all this by today as I compose this post. ;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
spank_meh said:
umm i bought sims 2 university and it wont install!!!! like it goes up to 68% and just stops
:confused:
If you just bought it recently, then send it back and get a new copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)