The Simpsons creators = Right wing, conservative, republican F*CKS! (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
OK ok maybe i did read into it a bit TOO much. Ill just let it slide next time. Alrite??? lol

Collin

HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
Bill Clinton : Well, if things dont go your way, just whinge and complain until they do
Marge : Thats some pretty lousy advice
Clinton : Then again, im a pretty lousy president
LMAO, c'mon you gotta admit that was funny. Btw, I don't support the Republicans either.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Grobus said:
Seriously though, its pretty stupid to let a few political gags here and there (that youre taking way too seriously) get in the way of loving a show as good as the Simpsons.
Agreed. Simpsons is the greatest show ever. And I really don't think they focus on the political side...plus it's just humourous gags even if they do mention the wrongs of republican or democrats or whatever it is this thread is arguing about. Are Americans as passionate about this issue? It doesn't really seem like they care, considering the Simpsons is too well loved. And I agree with some of the people's argument that you are reading way too much into this, after all the creators of the Simpsons seems to diss everything, up to the network that has been producing the Simpsons for over 10 years...clearly some form of politics criticism is all for the name of humour...and it's not like most Americans don't diss their government anyway. Just embrace your inner love for the Simpsons!

ChrisE

HSC
well the upcoming simpsons episode where gay marriage is legalised in springfield and features a high level of gay content really throws weight behind ur agrument doesnt it thread starter?

wanton-wonton

HSC
shady_03 said:
Considering that i hate republicans, i hate watching the simpsons now coz of all the political shit that they put in there. Sure, they support bush and only caring about the rich class , but for fuck sake cant they leave that outta the show?
Have a good cry mate, it's entertainment. Who gives a crap about all the political shit they chuck into the show. It's their show, if you don't like it, then don't watch it.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
If you look, lisa the smarter one... is pretty much silently an avid democrat.
Maybe thats because smart Americans are pro-democrat (or more accurately anti-bush) and thus the satire holds true, just in the same way (in the real world) that smart Australians are anti-Howard and Labor supporters...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
absolution* said:
Maybe thats because smart Americans are pro-democrat (or more accurately anti-bush) and thus the satire holds true, just in the same way (in the real world) that smart Australians are anti-Howard and Labor supporters...
You can think that if u want :rolleyes:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
Wen i was younger i used to love the simpsons, it was seriously one of my favourite shows. But now ive started noticing more and more that in the newer (and many of the older episodes 2) that the creators add in subtle political views which the average viewer never really picks up on.

I then learnt that the creators of the Simpsons were infact fucking Republicans who support bush, and now it all makes sence. Like for example, the episode where Lisa complains because her school lost the band competition, the dialoague goes as such:

Bill Clinton : Well, if things dont go your way, just whinge and complain until they do
Marge : Thats some pretty lousy advice
Clinton : Then again, im a pretty lousy president

(Clinton is a democrat btw for those who didnt know)

Considering that i hate republicans, i hate watching the simpsons now coz of all the political shit that they put in there. Sure, they support bush and only caring about the rich class , but for fuck sake cant they leave that outta the show?

Next time u watch the simpsons look out for it, and ull get wat im sayin.
LOL WELL IT IS OWNED BY FOX!

the whole fox is right-wing

watch fox news , ahah what a joke ... news my ass , i watch it for its comedy aspects

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Well its the political aspects of the show which many people dont pick up on. I mean, to anyone that knows absolutely nuthin about politics and right wing ideals, to them its just "part of the show" which they are 2 dumb to understand

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
shady_03 said:
Well its the political aspects of the show which many people dont pick up on. I mean, to anyone that knows absolutely nuthin about politics and right wing ideals, to them its just "part of the show" which they are 2 dumb to understand
Or too smart not to let it get in the way of some good fun.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
shady_03 said:
So now you're calling people dumb because they don't understand/care about the political issues in the Simpsons? Can you just relax and enjoy the damn show? Why would you care so much about American politics anyway? Does it affect you? Most people who watch the Simpsons and don't understand the political side are just focusing on what its good for: Humour, and that doesn't mean theyre too dumb to understand. I, for one, DON'T understand american politics completely and quite frankly, I don't give a shit about it, and according to you that makes me dumb. Well, you need to losen up and stop being so unnecessarily critical. And, if you don't like watching the Simpsons and are offended in the political elements that make the show funny, then simple, just don't watch it.
You will piss of the Simpsons fans.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Arent we also forgetting the fact that the "political bias" is usually done in a really joking way.

I mean, Bill Clinton voiced that line himself.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Good point Grobus. Everyone loves the Simpsons!
And to be honest, I really haven't noticed any right-wing/republican elements. I just remembered that episode where Clinton, Bush Snr and some other ex-president are building that house, and Bush is all violent and angry and Clinton was just insanely funny and stupid. Wouldn't some even find that a critism towards Bush Snr? For being all angry and nasty? Hrmm. I personally don't know nor care. I just thought it was very funny

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if their political views really bother you so much that u hate the show then dont watch it. What have you got against republicans anyway?

and yes, they do make fun of both democrats and republicans.

wyndchymz

HSC
shady_03 said:
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

hatty

Banned
holy shit, its a cartoon for fucks sake. so what if they support the rebublicans? are u afraid that by watching it ur gonna become a republican or something?

if u loved it when u were a kid, and now u hate it and dont want to watch it because its "republican", then you're an idiot.

just watch it for what it is, ie. a stupid cartoon. and if ur afraid a cartoon is affect ur political stance, then maybe suicide is the best option.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
The Simpsons isnt just a "stupid cartoon". Its probably one of the most intelligent TV shows ever aired. Well, before it went downhill ....

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
the brilliance of the simpsons (when its good) is it's ambiguity - people can take a seemingly straightforward gag and apply their own interpretation to it, and produce countless different meanings. there's actually a large body of academic work on this phenomenon, its called rhetorical hermeneutics if you want to look it up.

it is getting a little silly nowadays, however

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)