The Shins (2 Viewers)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
ah that will be good

im going to see if any of my mates r interested in going to see them
Yeah, I have sent off a few messages myself. I don't know many people that like them though:(.

jim_green said:
What are some good songs other than Caring and Creepy and New Slang guys? I downloaded 'So Says I', but that was pretty average.
You didn't like "So Says I"? You are indeed a hard man to please:p. Sorry, this probably isn't helpful, but I like every song off their latest album:).

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Download pink bullets. Its one of my faves.
Is the gig after the 24th of feb. IE. My bday is the 24th and i am 17.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
absolution* said:
Is the gig after the 24th of feb. IE. My bday is the 24th and i am 17.
Sorry, they are playing on Sunday 6 February:(. On a side note, I might be getting one of my mates that lives in Sydney to get us both a ticket to save me having to go to Sydney to get one:D.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nice

i still havnt found anyone of my mates that has heard of the shins.its a bit pointless convincing someone to buy a ticket for some band they havnt heard b4

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, they are a bit unknown:(. Just tell your mates that tickets are only $40, which is cheaper than a night out. It really is a great deal if they like that kind of music. Maybe you could also tell them to download some of their songs or you could let them borrow their albums off you:).

mayhemily

HSC
are they mexican? I alsways got an irish vibe for some reason... prob mixing them up with some other young wipper snappers.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Ah, they're touring?!
I love these guys.
I only saw Garden State yesterday and was all excited when I heard them in the film.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
yeah theyre mexican, but i heard they played/toured/lived in the usa alot- not sure on that
I thought they were from New Mexico? Not Mexico itself...

I think this because.. anyone who watched the first season of america's next top model, may remember the runner up Elyce? Well... she was dating a guy in a band.. who my friend later found out was in The Shins... and I don't think he was mexican.

Last edited:

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Ah shit...I just posted a thread on The Shins just then...will delete after this post. I love the Shins...have you got The Chutes Too Narrow? It's an excellent CD...took me a while to get used to as it seemed so different to 'New Slang' which was the only song I had heard before that, but after two listens I was stoked. I loved Garden State as well. I bought the soundtrack and I'm loving that as well. How good is Iron and Wine's version of 'Such Great Heights'? Best movie I've seen for ages.

I was going to get tickets for The Shins @ the Metro, but then I found out it was an over 18's gig. Is there any way I can get in even though it's over 18's? I was so stoked that they were coming out...but poo. I hate 18 year olds...you're all pricks!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
mexico and new mexico r not the same thing?

shit i feel like mr burns here
hahaha um no.
New Mexico is part of the US, and Mexico is a country.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Hmm, do you have to go to the city to buy tickets?
I remember David Jones or maybe it was Grace Bros (Myer, whatever) used to sell tickets from ticketek. Do they still do that?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
hurrah! as i type my mother (ie person with credit card) is booking me and my friend tix for the SECOND show on the 7th.

when i called the metro there were still 13 tickets left for the sunday night show, although the JJJ site says that show's sold out it is NOT TRUE.

note there are different support bands for the two nights, on sunday it's 78 saab and on monday it's theredsunband and Dappled Cities Fly. go monday says i!!!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I'm currently in the process of trying to find a fake ID so I can see this show. Are The Shins playing any under 18 shows in Sydney?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)