• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Pill (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
natstar said:
Im not referring to the pill, im referring to tablets in general. Though I can swall small pills of course. its just me, i dunno, i just dont like taking medication. Like muse I nearly choked on a pill when I was little, so its just a phobia, i dunno. My doctor tells me to try swalling a jeely bean whole for practice lol
a jelly bean???

i dont have any problems with swallowing tablets but the thought of that makes me choke lol.

i always thuoght tablet swallowing was as simple as "accidently swallowing it" as if it was never there while you were drinking water...

seriously when i take a tablet it feels no different to drinking water... its an unknown world for me to have trouble with tablets.

sucks to be you :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I used to have heaps of probs with taking tablets.....I just couldn't do it. But then there was a time when I had to take a tablet or get very sick so I just had no choice but to learn....now I can do it fine!

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
Apparently, the size of the oesophagus is the size (not in length, the other way) of a 20c piece or something... I used to be paranoid of choking on pills until I found that out, and when I thought about that, it really helped me to relax.

*b*e*c*c*a*

hmmm....
HSC
jebbie said:
The pill isnt that expensive. Plus if she has sex heaps, isnt on the pill or using a condom how come she isnt preggers yet? And the pill is pretty easy to remember.

maybe she's just infertile from all th std's she has

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
is there any types of pill which dont cause weight gain?
cos someone was saying certain types are for people who want to clear up their skin

Leah.Midd

HSC
ive been on the pill for 4 months. had no side effects but still get my period, not actually period but bleeding as meant to. i have sex without a condom all the time but i make my bf pull out because otherwise i stress about it to much. last month my period was almost a wk out and i was convinced i was preggers, but it was just the stress from HSC and everything. thankgod!
but yeah the pill is great.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
is there any types of pill which dont cause weight gain?
cos someone was saying certain types are for people who want to clear up their skin
im not entirely sure because each person has a different reaction to the hormones. in some people it makes them gain weight, some people lose it. some peoples skin clears up, others get more pimples. its hard to say, but if you ask your doctor he/she can probably tell you which type to use, and if it has any undesirable effects, you can just stop using it.

HSC
possible side effects of taking the pill:
- decreased sex drive
- weight gain
- boobs growing - but is this a bad thing?

thats all i can remember that the doctor told me.
i havent had any adverse reactions from the pill, altho in the 1st month i got sad, but i think it might have been the hormones in the pill that make u a bit pms - ey,
i went on it for contraception and pimple problems.
ive been on it for 6 months and pretty much all my pimples have cleared up, and also as im going on a cruise for schoolies, means i can skip a period and not have to take all those "feminine hygiene" products that take up so much room in ur bag...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'm considering it but I'm just worried about the side effects. Basically I want to go on it for medical reasons, I have reallly heavy periods and really bad pain *I think its part of the reason I am anemic*, the only reason I worry is coz I talked to my mum about it and she was saying how it raises your blood pressure, and both my parents have high blood pressure. I don't think weight gain would be too much of a problem as long as I don't gain too much... would it help with my periods that much bcoz I have had them since I was 11 and they are heavy as and really painful...such a pain

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
melsc said:
I'm considering it but I'm just worried about the side effects. Basically I want to go on it for medical reasons, I have reallly heavy periods and really bad pain *I think its part of the reason I am anemic*, the only reason I worry is coz I talked to my mum about it and she was saying how it raises your blood pressure, and both my parents have high blood pressure. I don't think weight gain would be too much of a problem as long as I don't gain too much... would it help with my periods that much bcoz I have had them since I was 11 and they are heavy as and really painful...such a pain
My parents also have high blood pressure, and I went on the Pill cos like you I had really heavy periods that lasted for a whole week. ARGH. I haven't gained any weight and I still eat as much as I did before. I guess if you're really worried, talk to your doctor.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
natstar said:
If your 18, you can go and get your own medicare card.

I also dont like taking tablste. I have convulsions whenever I try and swallow one. It feels like im sticking my finger down my throat
1) done..going to get the number when mum goes to bed (pretty soon, cbf'd now)

2) my thing with tablets i think is mainly just the taste. it probably sounds lame, but panadol, etc just tastes like absolute shit! i'd rather have a headache, have a sleep & be ok later on than take something that tastes that bad...that's probably just me though. i've made up my own alternatives to panadol (sleep, cold pack, lots of water & survive through it, etc), i've only had it probably 5 times in my whole life..i've had a couple of other meds, but that was when i was heaps younger (3 or 4-ish) and they werent long term, so i dont really remember those.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
alby - the pill tastes yummy, especially the sugar ones. well, the ones i take taste yum, and coz they are smooth, and not grainy, like panadol, they dont taste rank if you leave it in your mouth for too long before swallowing.

ranger stacie - the pill im on clears up the skin, i think its the stronger dose pill that does that. one of the side effects is weight gain, but in the three months from when i started the pill, to when i went back to my doctor for a checkup, i had only gained 1kg. and i think that was from over eating. but my doctor said the most weight gain you get from the pill is 3-5kg.

jessied

HSC
The reason why alot of people gain weight after going on the pill is because it increases your appetite, so if you eat the same and exercise then you won't gain any weight from the pill... Just stating the obvious

just jessie

HSC
Im not on the pill but, How do you skip your periods? i know that you skip the sugar pills and keep going on the normal pills. is that right?

but then wouldnt it stuff everything up, like pills not lasting as long as it would normally if you got your periods?

can someone explain it all to me. im a bit confused

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
of course if you skip them the pills wont last as long, theres a whole 7 tablets you're missing from each little packet thing.

and yeah, you're right, you just skip the sugar pills and move onto the normal ones again. i havent done it as yet cause i was warned to wait a year but i cant be bothered waiting anymore.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If you want to skip, you continuously take the hormonal pills and miss the sugar ones.
And yes, if you do that you go through each pack in 3 weeks, instead of a month.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i was on juliet, and it gave me horrendous mood swings- i alternated between being a bitch from hell, and crying all the time for virtually no reason at all. Definitley worked as a contraceptive, as my boyfriend was to scared to come within a kilometre radius of me.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Odetosimplicity said:
im on Brenda 35 ED. its 2 pills in one.. a little expensive though but my doc recomended it because its the pill combined with something that clears your skin up. so it saves taking 2 different things (for periods and for acne) anyways its pretty good and the doc said he puts girls as young as 11 on it.

anyways i havnt skipped the sugar pills yet.. im scared that if i dont get my periods for a few months i'll get cramps or something *shrugs* i dont know lol but yeah i was put on it for medical reasons not for the contraceptive part.
i was on brenda to start off with. i found that it cleared up my pimples really well :) so i was happy.
i'm surprised that they'd think of putting ELEVEN year olds on the pill! i think the majority of them havent even started (or have only just started) puberty. personally its just a little too young to be considering it..but i guess its probably the extreem cases where they start really young

i'm on juliet now caus its a couple of bucks cheaper, and i'm still fine. my face isnt the best, but i know that's a combo of picking at my face for around the best part of a week (hasnt healed but i havent done anything to help it that much either) & being just about to start on the sugar ones (tomorrow).

stacie: i havent had any problems that i've noticed. my bf's said once or twice that i'm a bit moody, but that's just around period time and its not much more than normal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)