The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Looking forward to Larsson starting as a Red Devil. He'll teach that upstart Cronaldo just what its like to be a world class player. I just may have to do what I never thought I would: buy a Manc shirt.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The form Ronaldo is showing right now already proves that he's a world class player.

In other news, Figo joins Al Ittihad. Looks like he's tired of competing in Europe and just wants to make some money. Shame really, he could've left with a Scudetto under his name.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah, Larsson's that guy that Fergie said could never adapt to football in England.
Anyway, Bolton again in the top four and finally getting some points :D:)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Looking forward to Larsson starting as a Red Devil. He'll teach that upstart Cronaldo just what its like to be a world class player. I just may have to do what I never thought I would: buy a Manc shirt.
Who the fuck are man uniiiited?

And as for Bolton, that was incredibly ugly football.

^___^
HSC
lol, united leads the table by 6 points now..
hmm, chelski is really struggling atm ever since they lost terry, its like united a few seasons ago when it lost ferdinand to the drug suspension

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Bolton win again, and Arsenal lose to Sheffield lollllll
It was incredibly ugly for Newcastle, especially when Martins decides to use his left foot to convert from the spot rather than the successful right foot he's used previously. I know Martins wasn't brought in to replace Shearer (because who can do that?), but he definitely needs to play the targetman at the moment since Ameobi and Owen are missing. As the only guy upfront, he can't just be scoring a goal here and there.

We didn't play too bad but for every goal, we were caught sleeping. Out marking is not even Championship standard at the moment and we are in real need of some defence since Taylor was the only one showing some form/tactical prowess. Young Huntington is still a few years away from being good enough to play at Premier League level, mostly because he lacks the composure but he's young and will learn.

The way we played at Merseyside just doesn't bode well for our next game against Man U, I think I might skip watching that game and just watch a replay of the 5-0 thrashing we gave them in 1996. That really was a wonderful game.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nice to see Chelscums draw again, and Arsenal losing. Very nice result for us, even though our defence looks nowhere near Championship winning standard with Silvestre at the back. He's now cost us 2 goals in 2 games, and should be dropped immediately. Worst player in our first team.

No need to worry though, we'll have both Scholes and Vida back for the game against the barcodes, and I'm confident that we can get a result there. Ronaldo is in unstoppable form, and I really doubt that the shoddy Newcastle defence can cope with him. Solskjaer really is an amazing player, he was brilliant against Reading last night. Don't get me wrong, any game at St James' is tough, but we haven't lost there in ages, so I'm confident of getting a win there on New Year's Day.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
another fantastic performance by man utd, and again by cronaldo, 8 in 6 games..he is truly on fire lets hope it continues, on to newcastle, were we usually win, joe cole is out and so is terry for the chelski, so come on u blues keep on losing ground...go united. if we can keep this up till end of feb, the title has a very good chance of returing to its home

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Woooooooooow. Bolton get smashed and lose their 3rd place spot, but what is going on with West Ham, they are in serious trouble.
And Man Utd really should win games like that

volition

arr.
HSC
It must just be Liverpool's home aura, I think they were saying Liverpool have gone about 9 hours worth of game time without conceding a goal.

As for Man U, nice to see Scholes get 2 goals.

robbie1

HSC
Liverpool is back bitches!!!!!

Crouch's goal - world class

Gerrard's goal - world class

Kuyt's goal - very nice

7pts behind Chealscum now and they are coming to Anfield on the 20th...prepare to die bitches!!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah we really should've won the game against barcodes, and Saha is out injured again. One great goal by Milner and one flukey goal by Edgar stole 2 points away from us. Oh well, we just need to bounce back. Can't wait til Larsson starts for us.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well chelski drew 0-0 with villa, now we 6 points ahead. wouldve preferred a 9 point lead but id take 6. couple important games the next few weeks, villa next and then arsenal..must win 2 out of 3 games, hopefully we smash villa, and sneak a victory at arsenal..they are vulnerable at emirates.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah we really should've won the game against barcodes, and Saha is out injured again. One great goal by Milner and one flukey goal by Edgar stole 2 points away from us. Oh well, we just need to bounce back. Can't wait til Larsson starts for us.
Excellant effort from the youngsters from the north. Was great to see Edgar score.

I really hope they manage to sign Upson though so NUFC can let the youngsters like Edgar, Huntington, Ramage and Taylor can be supported as to develop into top flight quality backs.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Yeah, on paper United should have beaten Newcastle the other day...but I felt that Newcastle played pretty well and probably deserved to take a point from the match.

Overall, i'm very happy with the way things have gone for United over the festive period. Mourinho keeps telling everyone that we lost a great opportunity to go 9 points clear...but Chelsea also missed a chance to pull back the margin to just 3 points.

We should bounce back and get the 3 points against Villa...but Arsenal will provide a tough test for us. They have already beaten us at home this season and Van Persie has been simply awesome in his last few games. Thierry Henry also looked pretty dangerous in his comeback match against Charlton. Six points from the next 2 fixtures would be an awesome result for United.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Matty, you did the maths wrong. Had Chelsea won against Villa the gap would've been 4 points instead of 3. But as it stands it still remains 6 points. FA Cup weekend next week, I'm looking forward to seeing Larsson pulling on the red jersey.

Arsenal would be a tough game at Cashburden Grave, but they have had a trend of falling behind at that place. If it happens again I'm sure we'll get something out of the game. Just can't wait.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
hahahaha. aren't they unbeaten there? gold........
:
Arsenal Home form
Won 6 Draw 5 Loss 0

with 5 draws, thats hardly a formidable home record, considering that they have gone behind in most of those games, so my assumption that they are vulnerable at home is correct. Man utd have a better home record, even with a defeat and one draw, they have won 81% of home games compared to 54% of arsenals. so yes gooners are vulnerable especially if the away team scores..

Jimmy_B

HSC
Led-Zep said:
Arsenal Home form
Won 6 Draw 5 Loss 0

with 5 draws, thats hardly a formidable home record, considering that they have gone behind in most of those games, so my assumption that they are vulnerable at home is correct. Man utd have a better home record, even with a defeat and one draw, they have won 81% of home games compared to 54% of arsenals. so yes gooners are vulnerable especially if the away team scores..
how is a team that hasn't lost at home considered to be vulnerable? just because their win percentage is lower than yours that still doesn't make them any more susceptible to defeat than you seem to be telling me. the thing is a lot of those early draws against the likes of boro etc can be put down to a bedding in period and maybe a lack of motivation against a smaller team, and even if you watched those games you would have seen that they pretty much have outplayed all the teams that have gone there.

the fact that they've pumped spurs and liverpool there suggest they'll be pretty up for it when you guys go there.

now, if you had used the argument that they have some major injury problems and you guys probably have the form player in europe right now to say that you can win, i'd have agreed with you in a flash. 0-0 i think it'll be anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)