The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Inter have been playing amazing football of late. I had major doubts when we signed Ibrahimovic but he has single handedly guided Inter over the past 2 months. Bring on Valencia! :)

This seasons comp is very open - I think that Bayern could upset Real and that PSV may at least get a draw against Arsenal in one of the matches.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Very good draw for United I must say, and after the events of last season where Lille was in our group, it could be said that we're back with a vengence and I'm sure we'll win handsomely.

Liverpool against Barca...? It may look like Barca will get the better of the Scousers but Benitez will know best about Spanish opposition. It should be an interesting one, but still expect a spanking from Barca.

Just like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=srui70ZzPC8

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
This Henrik Larsson is the same Henrik Larsson which Fergie stated would not be able to cut it in English football.
Go figure.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
damn it barca! then again their form has been patchy this season, it all points to etoo being their main man. without him they have struggled a bit, albeit with a fair few fantastic performances..been to inconsistent..oh well let us hope (prey) everton help us out, and united trounce west ham

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fuck, what a bad day. Everton fucked it up against Chelsea, Moyes is a dickhead and a half for not trying to consolidate the lead, in stark contrast to Curbishley who did after Reo-Coker put em ahead. We played like shit today, with only Ronaldo showing the kind of will to win the game. Rooney was shite, Saha was shite, Giggs was shite, and that should be enough to kill off a game for yoself. All I can hope for is that we don't crumble during this Christmas time.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
it was shaping up to be so good, at 2-1 to everton i had a massive grin, knowing we had the option of going 8 points ahead...less than 10 mins later 3-2 chelsea, and a couple hours in 1-0 west ham..here we go the typical man utd crumble during the xmas break-janurary....i just hope we dont sink too much..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Fark. Chelsea's just 2 points behind Man Utd now. Stupid Reo-Coker. Lol, Barca lost to FC Internazionale 1-0 hehe :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
..here we go the typical man utd crumble during the xmas break-janurary....i just hope we dont sink too much..
Another week and yet another typically pessimistic outlook for Manchester United provided by mr negativity (Led-Zep). What a surprise:sleep:. Granted it was a terrible night of results for United, but how can you forsee that we are going to 'crumble' during the xmas break and January? I can admit that last night's loss to West Ham was a poor performance by the team...but to suggest that such a loss will lead to an inevitable 'crumble' during the festive season is absolutely ridiculous. Especially in light of the fact that United has suffered similar disappointing losses already this season, (eg-against FC Copenhagen, Celtic and Southend) and yet we managed to bounce straight back after those defeats and kept winning. What evidence have you got to prove that we can't do that again?!?

Man United are still 2 points clear of Chelsea going into the xmas period and although it could have been a slightly bigger margin...United fans should definitely still feel pretty pleased about the way our season is going. C'mon United!!!

As for Barca losing to Internazionale in the final of the FIFA World Club Championships...It was a deseved win by the South Americans. Barca may have been superior in terms of both shots and possession...but they failed to take advantage of this and Inter were pretty effective on the counter-attack all night.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
You go Curbs.
Every single one of Chelsea's goals were superb
Except Ballack's "goal", it would've missed had Howard not dived. And I reckon he should've stayed more on his line for Drogba's goal.

I'm still angry at Moyes for not trying to consolidate the lead, faggot.

Jimmy_B

HSC
an email doing the rounds after the hammers game:

`Then the arrogance kicked in. One player was overheard telling his team-mates: "I should be at United or Arsenal."

A senior colleague mockingly replied: "Do you know what it takes to play for United, son? You want to take a look at yourself."`
reo-cokehead and teddy by my reckoning....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
an email doing the rounds after the hammers game:

reo-cokehead and teddy by my reckoning....
Reo-Coker ain't a bad player, I don't mind him coming to United.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I would much prefer Fergie to go for Timmy Cahill rather than Reo-Coker. Cahill is so underrated and really should be attracting attention from the big sides in the premiership.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
matt #1, my response wasnt pessimistic, it was realistic..over the last 3 seasons what has stopped man utd winning the title? the xmas-jan period were we have crumbled...yes it is that period of the season that makes or breaks it for united..eg last season we were 18 points behind at january..so i am very disappointed..if united want to win the title, then we need to beat the 2nd worst team in the league..firstly, How can you be pleased at a result like that? chelsea twice fell behind and came back to WIN against a stronger team than west ham..yet u seem to possess an unrealistic thought that united are the stronger team? who fail at copenhagen, west ham, reading...cmon matt, as much as i love united, i am able to see our faults, where as u are not...

the only thing i was pleased about today, was knowing the chelsea are vulnerable. if everton can do it, surely arsenal, liverpool, tottenham and us can get points off them..

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
also, matt 1# quote "What evidence have you got to prove that we can't do that again?!?", um matt look at our performances in last 3 seasons during the xmas-jan/feb period and ull get ur answer. even with stronger team than presenet, espec with RVN firing from 2003-2006, we still sunk and lost the title in january. it is a common theme with man utd, they can make it easy for themselves but dont, there is a passage in SAF book about united and xmas-jan period and making life difficult, so if SAF can see what i and many other united fans know bout us in jan then surely u can..

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
well hopefully we don't crumble. :)

and damn. i did like that lampard goal.

can't believe we lost though. hmmph. hope chelsea dieeee.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
ill give it up to lampard usually he needs help, deflections, to score, but for once he did it himself...oh and drogba, possibly goal of season so far..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)