The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

hachoo

HSC
Man U just scraped in for the win. Wonder what would have happened if we didn't......

Anywho, 4-3 Reds VS Reading? Interesting score line. Again its the Liverpool defence that's proving the problem.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hachoo said:
Anywho, 4-3 Reds VS Reading? Interesting score line. Again its the Liverpool defence that's proving the problem.
:confused: Liverpool have only scored 1 away goal from open play this season. Surely it is clear that defence is not their only problem...

hachoo

HSC
I'm quite impressed by Dirk Kuyt's performances... he's very dangerous. Bellamy hasn't been that good, and i'm not sure why Peter Crouch hasn't played more often. Yes he is Englands Number 1 striker, but Liverpool need to use him more effectively.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
For whatever reason, Rafa seems to have lost faith in Crouch. Last season he was an almost guaranteed starter, esp for tough away games (the main reason why he was brought in), yet he didnt start at ManUsa.

Even when he does score a goal, he gets dropped for the nxt game, so i do feel sry for him a bit.

hachoo

HSC
He's scored and set up one. See what happens when Crouch starts! I think there's a pattern there raf

robbie1

HSC
Very please with Liverpool getting the points against Villa, the first team to do so this season :)

Maybe this is the result we needed to boost the confidence and bounce back, we are still undefeated at Anfield this season, and playing Reading next week there could be another 3pts.

Only worry was Gerrard going off after 80 mins:

Gerrard stormed down the left and fired in a cross before crashing into the barriers in front of the Kop. He was on his feet after treatment, but taken off to allow Fowler on.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Kuijt scored another good goal!

What made this effort special was his dad, recently recovered from cancer and visiting Anfield for the first time, was there to see it. :)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Forget Liverpool....how fucking good was Man United last night? I was very pleased to see Wayne Rooney finally get his name on the scoresheet again. Superb hat-trick from him.

What makes the win even better is that it was away from home against a team that is notorious for being hard to beat at home. Chelsea won again also...but they must be starting to worry a little about our awesome form at the moment.

hachoo

HSC
Good on Kuyt. He's a great player and one that should stay at Liverpool for many years to come.

Man U played awesome. I was a little disappointed at Gigg's effort. From the standards he set during the season, he was a little down =). I KID!

For me, Carrick has been a very good buy. His holding and tackling role in mid has been exceptional. Also, Vidic down back player excellent, cutting out many dangerous balls.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I was a little bit unsure about Carrick at first...but he has settled into the team well and now forms a very strong partnership with Scholesy in midfield. He was expensive...but in hindsight probably worth every cent because we have struggled in central midfield for quite some time now...and this no longer seems to be the case.

We have a very competitive and well-balanced squad at the moment...and I believe that we can push Chelsea all the way as long as our key players remain injury-free.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea don't have a settled formation so far, and I don't think Maureen is good enough as a tactician to work around tinkering his current side with the attacking wingers formation used in the past. With Joe Cole coming back, I think it would be good to play him with Robben on the flanks. But then again, how can you leave out Essien, who's been the form player for them this season, and Lampard and Ballack, who just won't hack it if they were to sit on the bench. I believe United have a better team balance than Chelsea. Sure, we don't have the same depth in terms of positions in midfield and attack, but we do have a very very strong and competitive squad. Even Fletcher is becoming good, I'm so damn happy about that. For once, I believe we're as good as Chelsea, keep on going United, fuck em kunts up.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
How funny is it that Fletcher is actually becoming a decent player? I have been his biggest critic all along... but he really is starting to win me over. I never in a million years thought that would happen:).

As for Evra and Vidic...these two are now fully adapted to the english game and our defence is sooo much stronger thanks to their signings. Well done Fergie!

hachoo

HSC
I was very critical of Manchester United at the beginning of the year, however I have totally changed my view because of their new signings and performance thus far. The type of football they play is better than anyone's in the premierleague: both precise and creative.

I think the only team that could have more talent than us at the moment is Arsenal, but they seem to be having absolutely no luck at home. Both Arsenal and Man U for me play the most impressive football. Chelsea are very boring, and even though they have been successful this year, none of their wins have been convincing nor exciting in anyway. They put all this money into good players and can't seem to get good results.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal does look very good in the midfield and forward department, however I'm still a lil unsure about their defence. Lauren is still out injured, and I believe Senderos is also. We have the greater strength and depth in defence, one that is comparable to Chelsea's. Vida has been the standout player this season, absolutely amazing.

And borin Chelsea stole a point at Nou Camp, very bad result for Barca. Robben is shit, but who can blame him after sittin on the bench for so long.

hachoo

HSC
I watched the EPL highlights show and during the commentary they mentioned how no one is talking about Ruud anymore. Seems very true. Saha, Rooney, Soljkaer (however it is spelt) and Smith all are very strong. We don't need Ruud!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Ah, Arsenal game soon. Trust Drogba to score in the 93rd minute.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
I remember before mourinho came along, even during the vialli days, when i had some respect for chelski, they were playing attractive football, and had a weaker side, now even with their players, I mean far out, if u cant get joe cole, robben(great player unfortunate wif injuries), essien, shevchenko, kalou, SWP, ballack, all of these guys to play some decent football, something must be said about the manager.

This is y apart from man utd, i respect, and loathe, arsenal for their brand of football, these 2 teams make the epl worth watching, and are the only teams that i watch, despite being a huge man utd fan i give arsenal credit.

BTW did anyone see mourinho complaining bout barca players diving, how ironic, ahem dogba ahem...idiot..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)