The Official Euro 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

jcurry

HSC
the game this morning was fantastic
i loved the attackive flair the game had and some of the passing was brilliant
netherlands look like a really strong team atm

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Had Mutu scored that penalty, those Italians would have had their passports stamped:eek:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Netherlands should let romania win so france and italy are knocked out.

Not only for the laughs, it makes strategic sense as it means if they make the semi finals they could draw romania again instead of france or italy.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
^I don't think that would be great for them! If they let Romania through, then Spain will definitely beat Romania and then they'll face Spain in the semi-final. However, France (and probably Italy? I don't care about them enough to notice) has an excellent record against Spain, Spain never beats France and I'm sure they'd rather face the French again rather than Spain. Romania are no easy beats either.

On another note, I'm completely disappointed with my beloved France. I expected a huge tournament from them and an exciting game against the Netherlands. I just hope they beat Italy this Wednesday morning to make it alright for me again, even if they don't make it through to the quarter finals.

But, the Netherlands have always been my 3rd favourite team after Australia and France, so I hope they (or Croatia) go all the way if France doesn't (looks likely). :D

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
blakegman said:
Yeah but Kewell was also offside when he scored so it evens out.

Croatia have some great new players since that match i believe, Players like modric and kranjcar are world class, and i dont think they played against us.
There was also that clear hand-ball that should have been a penalty, which would have put Australia 2-1 up.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how does that make strategic sense. they tore apart france and italy. they could reapply their knowledge to do that again.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Martyno1 said:
^I don't think that would be great for them! If they let Romania through, then Spain will definitely beat Romania and then they'll face Spain in the semi-final. However, France (and probably Italy? I don't care about them enough to notice) has an excellent record against Spain, Spain never beats France and I'm sure they'd rather face the French again rather than Spain. Romania are no easy beats either.

. :D
lolwut

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
blakegman said:
Did I really just say that? *smacks self on head*

Well, the Netherlands couldn't beat Romania during qualifying. But just remove that from my post and it makes sense. :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
how does that make strategic sense. they tore apart france and italy. they could reapply their knowledge to do that again.
Because Italy and France are clearly superior teams and it's only a matter of time before they find form and play well. I would imagine Romania won't get much better then they are playing now, but if France got it's shit together i would think they wouldbe pretty tough to beat.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Yeah but you have to remember that the team that comes second will face Spain before facing the Netherlands again (provided they beat Sweden/Russia/Greece). They'll most likely want to avoid Spain at all costs because Spain seem to be on fire, and unlike Australian sports, a lot of emphasis is placed on history in football - France has an excellent record against Spain.

That's just the way I see it, for the Dutch manager he probably doesn't care as long as he gets his team to the final.

Peartie

HSC
Martyno1 said:
There was also that clear hand-ball that should have been a penalty, which would have put Australia 2-1 up.
dont forget the rugby tackle on viduka....overall it was just a shit game by graham poll.....

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
If France got the penalty for the hand ball and had a better keeper would of been a different story. They dominated for 3/4 of the game minus the header at the start.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
knowing how these tournaments go the best team usually never wins.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
sunjet said:
If France got the penalty for the hand ball and had a better keeper would of been a different story. They dominated for 3/4 of the game minus the header at the start.
And if the Dutch had a better defense they would have crushed them? If they had a better __ is not a good argument, and anyway their goals weren't exactly soft

I have to agree with LMF, watching the Dutch was just fantastic. When Robben was being blocked off by the two defenders I was just thinking oh how is he gonna get a cross in here and then he slams it in at a ridiculous angle and I'm like NO FUCKING WAY. And the French didn't even play badly, the Dutchies were just on an entire different level

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
um robbens was magic. the second goal should of easily been saved, fell asleep so didnt see the 4th though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)