The Official Euro 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Turkey - Czech Republich, the game of the season. What a fucking game. Like our Fergie once said, "football, bloody hell."

rwc

HSC
so much passion from turkey in the second half .. brilliant! but Volkan, what a moron NOTHING is worth doing something stupid in the last minutes of a match like that..

other then that, was a very exciting match

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Martyno1 said:
Before this year (a friendly, which meant hardly anything and neither team named their best side) the last time France lost to Spain was in 1981.
sigh... spain beat france 2-1 in 2001

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Whoa, I wish I saw this game. Will have to download the turkey match: it sounds amazing

Peartie

HSC
rwc said:
so much passion from turkey in the second half .. brilliant! but Volkan, what a moron NOTHING is worth doing something stupid in the last minutes of a match like that..
i wasnt able to see the game - what happened?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
apparently the turkish goalie got sent off. not sure for what.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Czechs were up 2-1 until about 5 minutes from time, then Turkey scored twice in a couple of minutes to take the game.

Peartie

HSC
i meant what did the goalie do to get sent

i heard about the 2 late goals within 3 mins to put turkey through...

rwc

HSC
i thyink one of the czech players said something to him and so he pushed the czech player (who fell to the ground), this was inside the penalty box the ref gave a red card which i thought was a bit harsh but yeah

Peartie

HSC
not necassarily...depends what was happening at the time - pushing an opponent is yellow or red depending on the ref and what actually happened

you can get a card for things that happen off the ball - for example say the ball is out for a goal kick the guy says something the keeper pushes him and gets sent off then it is still a goal kick....

rwc

HSC
i thought it was a clear yellow .. not a red though bit harsh

having said that i can think of a few refs who wouldve given the red anda penalty

it was just stupid of him to do provoked or unprovoked

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
shouldn't that have given the czechs a penalty
Ball was already dead, as a goal kick was already given by the ref. Turkish keeper pushed Jan Koller in the chest and he took a dive and that's the red. It's a correct call. This isn't rugby league after all.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
u-borat said:
Italy were lucky?
What are you smoking?
Reffing was horrendous.

Romania played better than Italy, and Romania is way underrated, one day if they played against Australia, it will be hard for them to beat Romania IMO.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Martyno1 said:
France were completely dominating international football since 1998 until a while after the Euro 2000 tournament, you can't say that wasn't deserved!
I was under the impression that in Euro 2000 they scraped through just about all the knockout matches on penalty shootouts. Not by playing particularly good.

Feel bad for Cech, one of the nice guys in world football and it must be shattering to make a mistake like that in a big game. I've played goalie and the feeling sucks, can only imagine what it feels like in an international.

HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
Peter Cech. LOL.

what a awesome game tho. turkey just kept pressing and pressing...

:rofl: peter cech.

nah, it was kinda slack he had quite a solid performance up until then. still..:rofl:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Petr Cech. He's Czech lol.

Seems to be a bit outof sorts with routine takes in last few months. PRobably can't claim to be world best keeper anymore, even though everyone knows Casillas probably is.

Peartie

HSC
sounds like Kalac at the world cup :p

also:

lolz at the German and Austrian coaches being sent from the field

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)