• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
hope we bowl really well... :)

well welll well.

3/15. :)

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
i turned the telly on about 40 overs into our batting and i was like "IS THAT ROY COMMENTATING?". lol and it is. cool.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Um, Why did Ponting bowl Mcgrath in the 2nd last over?

Why did he bowl Watson in the death overs?

Why didnt he set better fields for collingwood or Nixon? Especially to nixon, who was basically always hitting to square leg.

Why is Watson even in the team? Fucken cunt!.

Grats to Bell, did his job and of course Collingwood.

So the Nixon gamble pays off/ I doubt Read or Jones would have handled the pressure.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Great fielding by Collingwood today, especially his catch of Ponting, and his two run outs. His century was brilliant as well. I hope this final series is as going to be as tight as this.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
McGrath= Legend

Last wicket of the 1st innings with his last ball in the last match in Sydney. How good is that :)

3/39 - another top order collapse :(

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Well done England. Put a lot of cocky aussie cricket team players (and supporters :eek: ) to shame.

This was one of the most enjoyable matches I've ever seen. So eventful! How many rain delays were there? 5? 6? I got a bit wet but oh well. England's fielding and catching were fantastic, Collingwood batted superbly and, dare I say it, I'm not disappointed to see Australia lose this series (simply because I was sick of seeing them dominate).

It'll be a different story for the world cup though ;) COME ON AUSSIE!

bos1234

HSC
bahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

stupid idiots.... they go undefeated into the finals with so much confidence and then get hammered in the finals

bahahahahahhahahahahahaha

australia has no chance in the world cup

england is coming 3rd last in the one day table and has hammered the supposedly number 1 team

bahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

barmy army
barmy army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Number 1 team without Clarke, Symonds + Hogg, Watson easily debatable.

Anyways, I just got home from the game, quite sad. There was even a chance for Watson and Hodge to bring it home. Please never compare Hussey to Bevan.

Props to England though, Dalrymble caught a fucking screamer; Plunkett, Flintoff and of course Collingwood were superb in the last few matches.

Australia definitely needs to reconsider their lineup, personally I hate it, too much reliance on Ponting after an opener gets out; though he does usually perform.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
england deserved their win. good form.

although i must say, we MIGHT have had a chance if it wasn't for the rain... =/

e.g. it would've been a run a ball or so instead of like. 90 off 60.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
Number 1 team without Clarke, Symonds + Hogg, Watson easily debatable.

Anyways, I just got home from the game, quite sad. There was even a chance for Watson and Hodge to bring it home. Please never compare Hussey to Bevan.

Props to England though, Dalrymble caught a fucking screamer; Plunkett, Flintoff and of course Collingwood were superb in the last few matches.

Australia definitely needs to reconsider their lineup, personally I hate it, too much reliance on Ponting after an opener gets out; though he does usually perform.
Great game at SCG . It was great to see. Managed to stay dry thank goodness. At least Watson bowled himself out of the World Cup team! England deserved it they were more hungry than Australia.

Re: Never compare Hussey to Bevan. Absolutely correct Bevan was superb and Hussey is 10 times better. Both absolute champions!

HSC
i was at that game last night, glad that england won.

:)I was cheering with the Barmy Army hee in the rain too :rofl:

I'm surprised Aus lost this game, and this is the FINALS! You'd see this kind of performance by the aussies in the 1st game or 2nd game but damn this is finals we're talking about, they thought they'll fly pass easily but England bowlers/fielders was superb. I won't be surprised if England reaches past the semi-finals in the world cup coming up. Gilly what a bad performance, he couldn't stay any longer, for some reason he didn't play well these past few matches, in the batting especially.

I jumped out of my seat when i saw that Dalrymble catch :eek: and the replay on the screen :eek::eek:

:rofl: at Flintoff's head shaking when he got the wicket, thats something to bob with when you're in a happy mood :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Omg Watson - Wtf Is Wrong With The Selectors. The Guy Cant Hit The Ball And If He Does It Goes Straight To A Fielder.

He Cant Bowl For Shit.

Watson = Loser

It Would Be Sad If He Made It Into The World-cup Squad.

See I Cant Understand This:

Had Stuart Clark Played The Chances Are That England Wouldnt Have Scored So Much (clark In Place Of Watson - 5 Bowlers) Or Clark Would Have Smacked A Few Boundaries Here And There.

I Think Team Selection Was Appaling Fair Enough Dropping White And Bringing In Hogg. Hogg Is Experienced Bowler And Pretty Decent At Batting. But Watson After An Injury And Injury Prone, Shit Bowler - Everyone Says He Is A Shit Bowler.

Its Disgrace To Lose To England Especially When They Are Ranked 7 Or 8th In The World.

Again Well Played Bell And Nixon Pays Off Again.

When Australia Lost To Bangladesh - That Was Different - That Was Bangladesh Playing Good Cricket.

England Played Ok - But Australia Oh Boy? Selectors Where Are They From?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:
i was at that game last night, glad that england won.

:)I was cheering with the Barmy Army hee in the rain too :rofl:

I'm surprised Aus lost this game, and this is the FINALS! You'd see this kind of performance by the aussies in the 1st game or 2nd game but damn this is finals we're talking about, they thought they'll fly pass easily but England bowlers/fielders was superb. I won't be surprised if England reaches past the semi-finals in the world cup coming up. Gilly what a bad performance, he couldn't stay any longer, for some reason he didn't play well these past few matches, in the batting especially.

I jumped out of my seat when i saw that Dalrymble catch :eek: and the replay on the screen :eek::eek:

:rofl: at Flintoff's head shaking when he got the wicket, thats something to bob with when you're in a happy mood :)
ENGLAND WONT MAKE SEMIS - LOL THEY DONT STAND A CHANCE.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Australian World Cup squad named:
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=qw1171344421870S163

Sydney - Australia named a 15-man squad on Tuesday for their World Cup defence including injured allrounder Andrew Symonds and fast bowler Shaun Tait.

Symonds is likely to miss the opening matches of the tournament as he continues his recovery from a ruptured bicep tendon, while Tait got the nod over Stuart Clark for the final seamer's berth.

New South Wales wicketkeeper Brad Haddin was also included to act as Adam Gilchrist's understudy, meaning Victorian allrounder Cameron White missed out.

Australia are in Group A at the March 13-April 28 tournament alongside the Netherlands, Scotland and South Africa.

Ricky Ponting's side begin their campaign against the Scots in St Kitts on March 14.

Australia squad:
Ricky Ponting (captain), Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, Andrew Symonds, Brad Haddin, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Tait, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath.
aaaargh, Watson :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Where on earth is Stuart Clarke and Cameron White???

bos1234

HSC
he didnt make it

it aws in the newspaper

"UNLICKIEST CRICKETER IN THE WORLD" stuart clarke

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
clark. no e mate...

and even ponting admitted it..but well, if he bowls like glenn mcgrath, one will do..

left handers are handy... and well, tait has the pure speed.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Johnson still isn't consistent enough. A couple seasons in state may do the trick.

Dump Johnson, and place Clark in.

Bear for Watson too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)