The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (2 Viewers)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Apparently there was racist slander chanted by the crowd in Perth. Anyone know more bout it?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Apparently there was racist slander chanted by the crowd in Perth. Anyone know more bout it?
it was targetted at Ntini for his beautifful against the aussies, any bowler that bowls well against the aussies and is not white get the rascist treatment from the crowd--really sad.

JessTW

HSC
HotShot said:
it was targetted at Ntini for his beautifful against the aussies, any bowler that bowls well against the aussies and is not white get the rascist treatment from the crowd--really sad.
Thats so sad, the thing i hate the most about sport is the spectators(WARNING: this is blunt and straight 2 da point) who are fat unco ppl who wouldnt even know how to hold a cricket bat or be able to land a bowl on the pitch let alone perform to Ntini's standards. I hate it how they take it upon themselves to drunkenly slur sum bullshit to a guy who could prob kic their arse on or off the cricket field. I know the typical aussie ges drunk and takes the piss out of everyone but dont take it to far.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
JessTW said:
Thats so sad, the thing i hate the most about sport is the spectators(WARNING: this is blunt and straight 2 da point) who are fat unco ppl who wouldnt even know how to hold a cricket bat or be able to land a bowl on the pitch let alone perform to Ntini's standards. I hate it how they take it upon themselves to drunkenly slur sum bullshit to a guy who could prob kic their arse on or off the cricket field. I know the typical aussie ges drunk and takes the piss out of everyone but dont take it to far.
you shouldnt stereotype.
last time at the cricket justin langer approached the boundary and told this middle aged indian man to calm down with his language as there were kids around (probably his nephews/neices/etc..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
redruM said:
you shouldnt stereotype.
last time at the cricket justin langer approached the boundary and told this middle aged indian man to calm down with his language as there were kids around (probably his nephews/neices/etc..
are you sure he was indian, indians hardly swear let alone at a cricket match.

peter roebucks eleven was lets say shit!
taibu ahead of akmal, and hayden and trescothick opening-what the?

JessTW

HSC
redruM said:
you shouldnt stereotype.
yeh i didnt mean to stereo type, just angry and puttin my point of view across. What happened to the aussies they were like 1 for 100 next time i look 8 for 239, hopefully mcgrath got a few runs up on the board...hopefully.lol

otay

HSC
it was terrible 2day. Only person i was happy with was ponting, and i guess hussey since he's not out. Hayden was good in bits, but for fucks sake how slow was he scoring. Ok now I understand it wasn't easy to bat on that wicket (which begs the question y the fuck did we bat first - i know warne n macgill for last innings) but cumon, he did not even look to be taking singles at some stages. Symonds has to go, ppl say gilly does too but he is the keeper and does a phenomenal job, he should stay. Pollock bowled very well and so did kallis i thought, first time in a while. Nel is an arsewipe and the balls he dismissed ponting and gilchrist with were soft and both probably should have gone to the point boundary. Symonds is just arghhhhhhhhhh. Let's hope hussey n macgilla can stall the end of innings like they did in adelaide and then get glenn n brett fired up. Seems like the pitch will continue to offer assistance to bowlers for at least the next day and a bit. Still very disappointed with days play. I woulda much prefered 8-239 attacking than the crap i saw today (except punter who was awesome until his dismissal).
How awesome was the crowd??? Can't wait for Sydney test.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Nel for PM!!!!!!!!

Setchaba sa South Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm loving this. Hopefully they can get out under 250, and South Africa can not fuck up and hit 300.

I had a soft spot for Australia for the first few minutes. Then Jaques got out. The rest of them can fuck off.

My fave man SMP ripped trhough, well done to him, and Nel, like my opening statement, deserves to be PM. Then this country would have no Husseys.

Jimmy_B

HSC
nel's head was hilarious. he's like their version of warney or mcgrath the way he carried on. the blokes a character and as long as he doesnt receive too many suspensions from match refereees we'll be hearing a lot of him. top bowler too.

as for ponting and gilly's dismissals being soft, i thought it was good persistant bowling, he put the ball on a good length and they both played unnecessary shots away from their bodies and couldnt cover the rising ball. it's the type of dismissal pidgeon gets for us all the time.

symonds isnt one of the 4 best middle order batsmen in the country. they never shouldve dropped marto who was our best batsman for the past 18 months before the ashes. he pulled out so many superb knocks in lanka and india as well as at home. shame symonds is ricky pontings boyfriend and will get umpteen chances to prove himself.

punter continues to amaze me as a batsman but as a captain he really isn't great shakes. warney would've been much better.

as for racism at the cricket, from what i've experienced it's pretty much a one-way street, with mainly pissed bogans abusing random indians and even curry parents who've brought their children. the only time i've heard it go the other way was at a lanka-england game where the lankan-aussies told the poms to fuck off home after the barmy army sang a song about them being poor or something.

i don't really sympathise with the players, mainly because they're getting paid to play cricket and part of their job is to be thick skinned and cop abuse. hell they even abuse their opponents so meh for them....

finally, its fucken awesome that we're seeing a competitive series at home. i still think we'll win it on the back of warne and macgilla but the safa's will be competitive all the way from the looks of it.

otay

HSC
yeah i think marto's axing was a bit harsh and ur right its a pity symonds and ponting love each other.
Still don't think Nel is a character. He's just a petulant angry man. When Mcgrath or warne get hit for four they show disappointment- they nod there head and u can tell when they are disappointed. But they dont yell and kick the ground. I have never ever seen mcgrath or warne kick the ground. My cricket coach would have a fit and i'd be off str8 away. And like u said they didnt need to be playin at those wide balls, and they really shoulda gone for four. Not so much gilly's but punter's definetly. Reminded me very much of his dismissal at lords how he just gave away his wicket in the 2nd innings with a woft. His ball that dismissed symonds though was a jaffer, and as much as i don't like him that was an awesome ball.

I agree it's good to have a competitive series. i really enjoyed watchin pollock and kallis bowl today and I felt Ntini wasn't as bad as the commentators were claiming. Still very disappointed with the middle order. I'd like to see mcgrath n lee rip through em tomorrow although i'd also like to see herschelle score some runs, he's a top quality cricketer. hope he bats well 2morrow and plays like ponting did 2day (and the rest play like the rest of the aussies).

BTW bookie are u a saffer? If so where u from?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
HotShot said:
are you sure he was indian, indians hardly swear let alone at a cricket match.

peter roebucks eleven was lets say shit!
taibu ahead of akmal, and hayden and trescothick opening-what the?
yeah he was indian. a fuckin drunk indian too..

watched the match a the ranch with 3 other mates. well not sure how much of the match was watched...but a multitude of jugs were polished off. great great day.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
cant wait for the india vs pakistan series, both teams are in top form, paks destroying england, and india having a tough well competed series against sri lanka.

sri lanka will be coming to australia for the vb series, should be interesting with sa.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Fuck. I hate Australia. But after some thinking during the tea break, I think Australia would have an 'A' side which would put up an extremely strong fight to other nations. In my opinion, this is how the sides SHOULD look (taking no heed of contracts or future plans involving the dropping of players with age);

AUSTRALIA
Langer
Hayden
Ponting (c)
Clarke
Martyn
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Bracken
Lee
McGrath

AUSTRALIA 'A'
Jaques
Katich (c)
Blewett
Bevan
Hodge
Thornley
Haddin
Gillespie
Kasprowicz
MacGill
Bichel / Symonds

I have a feeling I'm forgetting someone, but in saying that, that A side would put up one heck of a fight.

otay

HSC
Wait u not only hate Australia but you hate the Husseys?? You're not even a Saffer.
Mike Hussey > Kallis (seriously how many runs against zimbabwe and bangladesh does he wanna score??).

lmfao at blewett in the A team. i forgot he stilled played. last time I saw him he was commentatin Twenty20 cricket in england for sky sports.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Blewett rocks. He use to play the pull shot as good as anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)