The Official Cricket Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
hmmmm...INDIA SUCK!!.....now i got that off my chest.....GO AUSSIE...GO HODGE....he rox.....my clarke has no chance of getting into the boxing day match...poor baby...meh...YAY FOR HODGE

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
tasha1188 said:
hmmmm...INDIA SUCK!!.....now i got that off my chest.....GO AUSSIE...GO HODGE....he rox.....my clarke has no chance of getting into the boxing day match...poor baby...meh...YAY FOR HODGE
I think you'll find he'll replace symo.

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting
Hodge
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

If so^ then there is a god.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Speaking of the indian team, what happened to Partiv Patel? He was a nugget of a player!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
I do agree the indian pace attack is terrible, but pathan and agarker are improving. This new RP Singh is brillaint. Just imagine zaheer, and ashish have been dropped!.

Indian were undefeated last world cup except against the aussies, but that was in under ganguly who is a pathetic player. The captaincy has shifted to Dravid who is by far better.

Current Test team vs Sri Lanka
G Gambhir
*V Sehwag
VVS Laxman
SR Tendulkar
Yuvraj Singh
M Kaif
+MS Dhoni
IK Pathan
AB Agarkar
A Kumble
Harbhajan Singh

they bat all they down to eleven, last three equal lee's batting ability and on their can score 50+. Note Dravid's not playing (he is sick), ganguly dropped, tendulkar carrys world record 35 test hundreds.

Dhoni averages 45.7 with a high score of 183* in ODI
Debut in the test just now against srilanka.

Consistency, i dont know but you have some of most consistent batsman in the world in this lineup, Tendulkar, Dravid Dhoni and Pathan. Hayden is way of par, and like Gilchrist, Pathan is a bonus if he scores. hussey is old!
"Dravid and Kaif are pretty much useless"--Bookie, mate Dravid currently ranks no.1 in tests and has like an average of 57. kaif is India's bevan.

Clarke doesnt really bowl anymore, and HOgg is ageing plus he isnt that good. Kumble and H.Singh blow them out of the park. At the moment in the ODIs i think by form they will absolutely thump Australia. South Africa struggled against the Indians in the recent ODIs, and Sri Lanka stood no chance.

Australia losing to England in the tests shows clearly how weak and vulnerable even with Warne playing. Pakistan absolutely and convincingly demolished England in both the ODIs and Tests. So really Two teams are in contention for the next world cup, India and Pakistan.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
Current Test team vs Sri Lanka
G Gambhir
*V Sehwag
VVS Laxman
SR Tendulkar
Yuvraj Singh
M Kaif
+MS Dhoni
IK Pathan
AB Agarkar
A Kumble
Harbhajan Singh

they bat all they down to eleven, last three equal lee's batting ability and on their can score 50+. Note Dravid's not playing (he is sick), ganguly dropped, tendulkar carrys world record 35 test hundreds.
*remembers Agarkars 5 ducks in a row last time india toured.* Overall its a deep and strong batting lineup. But they consistently fail against the better bowling and especially overseas. Only Tendulkar and Sehwag know how to handle Mcgrath, and both are suspect against Muralitharan. Remember they play Sri Lanka in the group stage!!
HotShot said:
Dhoni averages 45.7 with a high score of 183* in ODI
Debut in the test just now against srilanka.

Consistency, i dont know but you have some of most consistent batsman in the world in this lineup, Tendulkar, Dravid Dhoni and Pathan.
The only batsman out of those three is Tendulkar. Dhoni's 183 was a good innings against shit bowlers on a good pitch with 40 metre boundaries.
HotShot said:
Hayden is way of par, and like Gilchrist, Pathan is a bonus if he scores. hussey is old!
"Dravid and Kaif are pretty much useless"--Bookie, mate Dravid currently ranks no.1 in tests and has like an average of 57. kaif is India's bevan.
You're right with dravid. Hes a very, very solid player. Kaif - poor comparison. Not near the class of bevan. Hussey is 30 - a prime age for a batsman. Tendulkar is 32 - two years older! Husseys average is over 100. Yeah, too old.
HotShot said:
Clarke doesnt really bowl anymore,
3 for 26 off 8 overs yesterday in the ING cup game, against quality batsmen.
HotShot said:
and HOgg is ageing plus he isnt that good.
He is ageing, but is the fittest of all australian cricketers, and few batsmen can pick his wrong'un. Expect warne to play.
HotShot said:
Kumble and H.Singh blow them out of the park.
Kumble and Harbhajan should both play if india are to have a chance. Both need to be in top form.
HotShot said:
At the moment in the ODIs i think by form they will absolutely thump Australia. South Africa struggled against the Indians in the recent ODIs, and Sri Lanka stood no chance.
Australia losing to England in the tests shows clearly how weak and vulnerable even with Warne playing. Pakistan absolutely and convincingly demolished England in both the ODIs and Tests. So really Two teams are in contention for the next world cup, India and Pakistan.
Thats a very weak analysis with little truth. You've obviously been asleep for the last 5 months. Fact is, most of Indias form has been at home(or next door) on batting-friendly wickets. India continue to struggle away from home. They are simply not used to bouncy wickets and big outfields - which is why they are shocking between the wickets(as is Pakistan) and shocking in the field. Australia lost two test matches against a full-strength england IN england. Pakistan beat england IN Pakistan. Australia embarrassed both India and Pakistan the last time they played, and comfortably smashed the World 11, NZ and now the Safs. I can assure you there will be no dust-bowls in the West Indies for the WC!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Agree with everything you said Smokey except for the Aussies smashing NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey, it was far from a thrashing and could of easily been 2 - 1 to the Kiwis (if we stop letting stephen fleming open the batting we'll win a few more matches). :)

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
copious said:
Agree with everything you said Smokey except for the Aussies smashing NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey, it was far from a thrashing and could of easily been 2 - 1 to the Kiwis (if we stop letting stephen fleming open the batting we'll win a few more matches). :)
true i guess. They didnt have fleming, but we didnt have mcgrath. And we won the tosses as well.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
hotshot said:
Bookie, mate Dravid currently ranks no.1 in tests and has like an average of 57. kaif is India's bevan.
I'm not a dumbarse.

But you just listed the ODI side, and in ODIs Dravid still can't fire up that strike rate of his. Tests, I along with most people will not argue that he is the greatest batsman in the world. But youre argument there is like supporting Afridi in the Paki test team

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
IMO Ponting is the best batsman in the world. Similar average to Dravid, but scores much quicker. And his favourite shot isnt the block.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I love Dravid, he's really picked it up the last couple of years and his ODI average (40) has improved, so has his strike rate (low 70's) which I think is bearable considering the fire power in the Indian batting lineup these last couple of years. How many times have you seen Sehwag, Tendulker and Ganguly getting starts but not getting on with it, Dravid is there to pick up the pieces.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
I think you'll find he'll replace symo.

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting
Hodge
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

If so^ then there is a god.
i like that line up....plz let that be our line up...plz let clarkey play :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the old aussie team was full of class, the waughs, lehmann martyn and bevo and gillespie. The current team i feel is considerable weaker, struggling against teams like NZ, and draw against SA whom surely the old aussies would have demolished under similar circumstances.

your all looking at the old India, there is a completely new team, the depth in the squad is unbelievable. its true to say that they havent well overseas, but thats also been the case with australia in India. they have only won one test series in god knows long. on the other hand india has been improving its performances in Australia ( i know that mcgrath wasnt playin in the last series) but still.

Their fielding has remarkable improved full credit to Chappell. and the team has enormous potential. considering that south africa and sri lanka and even pakistan hace struggles against them, warne is useless against india, tendulkar and ganguly have terrorised him, averaging 47.18 against India compared to his 24.97. but of course mcgrath has troubled India, but how long will be around and his impact is slowly detoriating, lee is expensive and a gamble. in one over he bowl 5 balls away from stumps and 1 accurate ball.

of course India needs some quality fast bowler, but they are on their way young and fresh getting ready to prime. i mean hussey is old at 30 he just started, whilst tendulkar at 32 holds the most runs in ODIs and most centuries in tests. give him another 4 years he will ahve most runs in tests as well and i feel noone wlll be able to break his record, unless a player starts playing internationals at the age of 16.

murali is good against india, but the current test series proves the indian have adapted to him, the pitchs are spin friendly.
india is onthe way up watch out for them in the world cup they will be on FIRE!

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I think Tendulkar will keep that record of his for a long time, say he reaches 13000ish test runs. But I also think that AB de Villiers has got a good start and he has 15 years in him, and he is more than capable of scoring 900 runs a year, and he may indeed take over the record. But then again, he is ajust a new kid and may be a temporary prodigy, or he may a future great of the game.

For the next test, if I was selector, I'd go;

Australia; Hayden, Jaques, Ponting (c), Clarke, Hodge, Hussey, Gilchrist, Warne, Lee, Bracken, McGrath

South Africa; Smith (c), de Villiers, Rudolph, Gibbs, Kallis, Kemp, Boucher, Pollock, Boje, Nel, Ntini

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm I would pick Mcgill, cause whats gonna happen is Warney is going to have to bowl a thousand overs if the pitch is gonna turn out like expected, a spinners paradise. They'll probaly stick with Symo and see how he goes, though I dont really see a point in keeping him there cause when Watson comes back Symo is the first to go.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
the old aussie team was full of class, the waughs, lehmann martyn and bevo and gillespie. The current team i feel is considerable weaker, struggling against teams like NZ, and draw against SA whom surely the old aussies would have demolished under similar circumstances.

your all looking at the old India, there is a completely new team, the depth in the squad is unbelievable. its true to say that they havent well overseas, but thats also been the case with australia in India. they have only won one test series in god knows long. on the other hand india has been improving its performances in Australia ( i know that mcgrath wasnt playin in the last series) but still.

Their fielding has remarkable improved full credit to Chappell. and the team has enormous potential. considering that south africa and sri lanka and even pakistan hace struggles against them, warne is useless against india, tendulkar and ganguly have terrorised him, averaging 47.18 against India compared to his 24.97. but of course mcgrath has troubled India, but how long will be around and his impact is slowly detoriating, lee is expensive and a gamble. in one over he bowl 5 balls away from stumps and 1 accurate ball.

of course India needs some quality fast bowler, but they are on their way young and fresh getting ready to prime. i mean hussey is old at 30 he just started, whilst tendulkar at 32 holds the most runs in ODIs and most centuries in tests. give him another 4 years he will ahve most runs in tests as well and i feel noone wlll be able to break his record, unless a player starts playing internationals at the age of 16.

murali is good against india, but the current test series proves the indian have adapted to him, the pitchs are spin friendly.
india is onthe way up watch out for them in the world cup they will be on FIRE!
Do you live in Australia, because if you do you really havent been watching much of our cricket team. You really dont know much at all about them, because your facts are largely drivel.
I respect your opinions - and while the WC is a year away - lets hope all teams are full-strength.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Watch out for the Dark Horse New Zealand, Shane Bond is back which means trouble for the Aussies :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Do you live in Australia, because if you do you really havent been watching much of our cricket team. You really dont know much at all about them, because your facts are largely drivel.
I respect your opinions - and while the WC is a year away - lets hope all teams are full-strength.
ITs not the question of whether i live in Australia, its whether u have watched matches invovling teams apart from Australia. I am a cricket nut, i dont support any team, i watch the sport for its brillaince in gameplay regardless of the outcome of the match. i dont care who win or loses. i will cheer any batsman regardless of nationality as long as they played well.

"your facts are largely drivel"- how? i got those averages from cricinfo.com

as far as the australian team is concerned, the current team compared to recent teams is well below par, perhaps its ponting's captaincy or just the skill of the players. i watched the 1st test aus vs sa and the 1st, 2nd test india vs sri lanka. And from what i can see the indians have improved dramatically, their squad has enormous depth. Playing against the worlds best spinner on spin friendly conditions, the indian batting has outmatched the srilankans.

team to play sa in 2nd test,
jacques, langer, ponting, hodge, hussey, symonds, gilcrhist, lee, warne, macgill, mcgrath 12th bracken

sa team mentioned before was gud, except i think prince will be in the team, he had good series against the indians.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
as far as the australian team is concerned, the current team compared to recent teams is well below par, perhaps its ponting's captaincy or just the skill of the players. i watched the 1st test aus vs sa and the 1st, 2nd test india vs sri lanka. And from what i can see the indians have improved dramatically, their squad has enormous depth. team to play sa in 2nd test,
jacques, langer, ponting, hodge, hussey, symonds, gilcrhist, lee, warne, macgill, mcgrath 12th bracken

sa team mentioned before was gud, except i think prince will be in the team, he had good series against the indians.
Ahh, now theres a better post. No probs, I see where you're coming from :cool:. I stand by my comments on your other posts, especially #369 - which should be on the humour thread.
HotShot said:
Playing against the worlds best spinner on spin friendly conditions, the indian batting has outmatched the srilankans.
But Warne was playing for Australia...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)