The Official 2012 Olympics Thread (1 Viewer)

2xL

HSC
QQ Olympics during trials. Sucks. Another 4 years to watch it properly.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
morts bro why cant i post on your profile, whats a gib (you posted that on my profile ages ago) and add me as a friend idk how to

gr_111

HSC
Thoughts on the opening ceremony??? The flame/s was v. impressive!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm watching some Judo and I have absolutely no idea what's going on, but hell I have to say its entertaining.

HSC
Uni Grad
China leading the way.... and Australia all the way down, dafuq?

australia, lift your game!!

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

Governments over the past few years have cut Australia's sporting budgets. Australia doesn't have the money to spend (or waste, depending upon how you look at it) like China does.

HSC
Uni Grad
Governments over the past few years have cut Australia's sporting budgets. Australia doesn't have the money to spend (or waste, depending upon how you look at it) like China does.
Quite a sad thing to see though :(

And then you see North Korea beating Australia at the olympics... I guess they do have some sort of money to fund their sports players.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-faster-than-men/story-fn9dirj0-1226438946789

Questions are being asked about one Chinese athlete though.

A TOP US coach called China's Ye Shiwen "suspicious" and compared her to East Germany's drug-addled athletes after her super-fast times at the London Olympics.

John Leonard, executive director of the World Swimming Coaches Association, told The Guardian that the 16-year-old's lightning freestyle leg in her world-record 400m individual medley swim was simply "impossible".

The schoolgirl timed 58.68sec in the last 100 metres, a whisker off US winner Ryan Lochte's time in the men's competition.

Astonishingly, her final lap was quicker than the American champion.

"The one thing I will say is that history in our sport will tell you that every time we see something, and I will put quotation marks around this, 'unbelievable', history shows us that it turns out later on there was doping involved," Leonard told the British newspaper.

"That last 100m was reminiscent of some old East German swimmers, for people who have been around a while.

With the swim, Ye took nearly seven seconds off her time at last year's world championships.

Lochte swam his closing lap of freestyle in 29.10sec. But here's the jaw-dropper - the high school girl from China attached an outboard and blitzed the final lap in 28.93, swimming over the top of the world record line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)