The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i dont see australia v italy on that list

how rude

i dont even know wat that list it :p

woot we're gonna win tonite :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's his multibets. He didn't put money down on that match presumably cause there's a high probability Australia won't win, and he doesn't want to have a conflict of interest when he watches the game.

I, however, get a case of imported beer if Italy wins :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
is it just me, or has there been a lot less lead up to this match in the media than the others?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Hopefully Kewell and Viduka make things tough for them esp without Nesta and make them tired

Jiga

ukraine played so badly against tunisia i think it was (their last group match)
I wouldnt write Ukraine off.... they have been ordinary so far in the World Cup but they are by no means crap..... they qualified into the WC against teams like Greece, Denmark and Turkey!

Hopefully Kewell and Viduka make things tough for them esp without Nesta and make them tired
And on Kewel, does anyone else think this groin reoccurence is being exaggerated big time? On the news the Aussie staff were shielding him when he was walking out of somewhere, maybe its a ploy? And that footage of him actually limping down that street could be part of it? Just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:

otay

HSC
I agree that I think the kewel thing is waaaaay exaggerated, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him start. We heard the same things b4 Japan game. And Ukraine have been poor and there qualifying group wasn't all that tough. Turkey are not the team they used to be, Greece are...well and Denmark beat England 4-1 in a friendly once. Woopty doo. Ukraine are quality agreed, but on form I'd pick the Swiss confidently. Of curse with sheva in their team who knows.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kewell did miss two trainings though.
ukraine qualified first out of all the european nations. i think that means something. they can score vry well.

NoFuTuRe

HSC
For All You Italianss!!!

For all you italians who are world cup crazy...
Wouldn't you like to drive around the streets and be recognised for what you really are ? ITALIANN

I have number plates for sale which say 'ITA.14N' - Italian
suitable for all cars..

My contact number is
0405 840 583

sms me or ring me and make an offer if interested..

cheers..

otay

HSC
Actually mate I'm pretty sure most of them were born here, live here, speak Aussie, ahve aussie birth certificates and passports and if they were to ever go overseas to like england, every1 would call them Aussie. SO they aint Italian. There parents were (some weren't even)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
otay said:
Actually mate I'm pretty sure most of them were born here, live here, speak Aussie, ahve aussie birth certificates and passports and if they were to ever go overseas to like england, every1 would call them Aussie. SO they aint Italian. There parents were (some weren't even)
doesnt mean that they cant call themselves italian if they really support and uphold their original ethnicity. meh, matters little. its gonna be interesting to see the italian-aussie turnout on both sides. torn between their home of origin and their new home.

HSC
kk, its gonna be a great gayme tonight. cos, even if we lose, we'll still put up a great fight.

BUT IF WE WIN, WERE IN THE QUARTS. WITH SCHWARZ.

and not kalac.

but in all seriousness, i think we have a great chance at beating italy. let's just hope the reffing isnt SHIT.

otay

HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
doesnt mean that they cant call themselves italian if they really support and uphold their original ethnicity. meh, matters little. its gonna be interesting to see the italian-aussie turnout on both sides. torn between their home of origin and their new home.
Dude ethnicity is different from nationality. World CUp is about nationalities, not ethnicities. Don't need to look any further than diversity in our team. PLenty of ethnicities but only 1 nationality. Go AUSSIES

johnny_87

HSC
I wouldn't complain if it was him, especially considering the standard we have had so far in our 3 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)