The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
l'll be in city definitely for 5am aus vs croatia since exams over :eek:

johnny_87

HSC
I've got bloody chemistry tomorrow at 9. Really should go to bed...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
@ Johnny_87: I'm tipping 3 wins- Ecuador; England and Sweden.

I think that the scores will be:

Ecuador 2-0 Costa Rica
England 3-0 Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden 2-0 Paraguay

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Although Sweden are a bit of an unknown after their fights

Speaking of which.

"After Sunday's 1-0 win over Serbia and Montenegro, in-form van Persie was miffed about seeing little of the ball and complained all action was targeted at matchwinner Robben, with too little coming back from the Chelsea winger, who earned the man-of-the-match award."

johnny_87

HSC
Let them fight. Don't like either of them. Both cheating pricks, especially Robben

robbie1

HSC
I've got money on Joe Cole for 1st goalscorer.

My brother is a fucking freak.

He picked Nakamura, Kaka & Alonso - all scored the first goals in their games.

If I put $5 on each I would of made around $240.

So pissed off, but i decided to do whatever he says now so mo moneys on Cole.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, ecuador are playing superbly, the header that scored their single goal was sweet.

mecurial

HSC
Paragon said:
Well finally. I've been counting down for more football action by the minute the whole day.

I'm so hooked.:eek:
Definitely agree.

A berth in the second round is a just reward for Ecuador. Should dominate Germany if they play in this fashion.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Yes, Ecuador are playing well. 1-0 at halftime and looking like the Costa Ricans and Polish will be on their way home early. At least the Polish don't have far to travel. It's not over yet though. Costa Rica found the net twice against Germany...and need to do it again quickly.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
England or Sweden/Paraguay for Ecuador in the 2nd round.
Fair reason for the Ecuadorians to be optimistic I reckon.
England will crush Ecuador in the 2nd round. They were disappointing against Paraguay in their opening game...but England will send out a statement of intent against Trinidad & Tobago tonight. In any case, Rooney will certainly be back by the time that game comes around.

mecurial

HSC
Are you sure about that? I say let's wait and see first. Maybe GERMANY will play England in the 2nd round yet. On that display, I don't really think that they will crush them, sure they would be expected to win, but I for one thought that Ecuador were pretty impressive then. England give away a lot of free possession, maybe Ecuador would dominate possession?

mecurial

HSC
Obviously directed at Matt#1 and England crushing Ecuador.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
mecurial said:
Are you sure about that? I say let's wait and see first. Maybe GERMANY will play England in the 2nd round yet. On that display, I don't really think that they will crush them, sure they would be expected to win, but I for one thought that Ecuador were pretty impressive then. England give away a lot of free possession, maybe Ecuador would dominate possession?
Along with Portugal and the Aussies, i'm a big supporter of the English side...so my comments may just have contained a tad of bias :). I do, however, stand by my comment to some extent because I honeslty believe that England have the talent and quality needed to win the World Cup. Eriksson just needs to learn how to utilise this talent...and quickly. I propose using a holding midfielder (i.e- Hargreaves or Carrick), because this will more effectively enable Gerrand and Lampard to go forward and attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)