The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
The ref was useless, would of been nicer if the scoreboard said 3-2 as well.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
itd be interesting: would the redcarded, and yellowcarded (to miss next match) players be off, as well if there was a replay. that could be rather interesting.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I tried to live bet on Centrebet but they say Aussie citizens aren't allowed to live bet. LoL got me excited fo a min.

robbie1

HSC
Minka, seriously, I cannot for the life of me come to understand how someone such as yourself could possibly display so much animosity towards their homeland.

Singing derogetory chants aimed at Simunic, what a disgrace.

The man is a world class defender, he followed his heart and played for Croatia, and the criticism of him and this perception of him as a "traitor" is really fucked up.

You see, some people in this country are a little fucked in the head. Kostya Tszyu was born & funded in Russia - yet he represented Australia - and the media and most of the country were happy to call him an Aussie. But when Simunic calls himself Croatian, he is a traitor.

And whats all this bullshit about you having to feel bad if your homeland knocked out your new country...or something along those lines...you would of been ashamed or some shit...what a piss poor attitude.

As for the game, could have gone either way but anyone who knows football knows I was very close to getting my prediction right (a Croatia victory), as Kewell was offside so the goal should have been dissallowed.

The stuff I was saying prior to the game was just me being me before a big Croatia game, openly confident and cocky but inside shitting bricks. No harm or offence was meant. Just mind games ;)

It was so hard to watch. My parents' homeland against I guess my homeland. I was ecstatic after Srna scored (that goal also won me a nice $75 from the TAB), suprisingly calm when Moore equalised, over the moon & at the same time feeling so sorry for Kalac when Kovac scored, and finally a little dissapointed when Kewell scored. My dream was over yet again. Robert Kovac being suspended was a MASSIVE blow, Tomas is a poor mans version of him and conceded a penalty and was lucky not to condede another one.

But hey, as a die hard Croatia fan, Im used to feeling dejected and cut during major tournaments. Since 1998 (where my love & passion for the team with the red & white checks was born), they failed to qualify for Euro 2000, 1st round exit at World Cup 2002, 1st round exit at Euro 2004, 1st round exit at World Cup 2006.

So much talent in the squad, yet no results to prove it. But this time it was different. The country of my birth qualifed at their expense. A very strange feeling I must admit. Having followed Croatia so closely & passionately since 1998, it was difficult to not support them again, even though my 'other' team was in the same group.

Full credit to Guus, Viduka & the boys - they play with so much heart. If only Croatia could do the same. I'll be supporting them all the way for the rest of the tournament and I really think they can get past Italy, will probably go to penalties though.

Anyway, Im rambling, just got home from a hard nights work at good old KFC, just had to release some of this pain I've been feeling since 7am this morning (well yesterday morning, its 1.38am the next day).

Robbie1.

greenapple^0^

HSC
GO KOREA~!!! YEAH~!!!! WOOHOO~!!!:D :D :D :D
but i know they wouldn't win the world cup though still GO KOREA~!!!
대~한민*~!! 짝짝짝~ 대한민*~:)
p,s they have the ugliest players ever~!!! so damn ugly~ still GO KOREA!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I tried to live bet on Centrebet but they say Aussie citizens aren't allowed to live bet. LoL got me excited fo a min.
haha i use bet365

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
robbie1 said:
As for the game, could have gone either way but anyone who knows football knows I was very close to getting my prediction right (a Croatia victory), as Kewell was offside so the goal should have been dissallowed.
And Australia should have had at least two more penalties. And Australia should have had the man advantage for the last ten minutes or so except that cheating cunt didn't want to go off. Stop blaming the ref, because if he officiated the game properly Croatia would have been thoroughly defeated.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Second Round

25-Jun-06 Sunday 1:00 AM Germany Sweden

25-Jun-06 Sunday 5:00 AM Argentina Mexico

26-Jun-06 Monday 1:00 AM England Ecuador

26-Jun-06 Monday 5:00 AM Portugal Netherlands

27-Jun-06 Tuesday 1:00 AM Italy Australia

27-Jun-06 Tuesday 5:00 AM Switzerland Ukraine

28-Jun-06 Wednesday 1:00 AM Brazil Ghana

28-Jun-06 Wednesday 5:00 AM Spain France

tigerian

HSC
N/A
As a long time football lover who's finally had something to cheer about after all those years of following Northern Spirit (Go Sydney FC and chelsea) I'll be cheering for Australia who are already winners having accomplished their mission.

In reality I think Argentina or Holland are a big chance.

Ian

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
robbie1, players copping shit is just a part of the game and it's an ex-Yugoslav mentality to turn on your own team when they are going shit. I agree with you on your views about Simunic being called a traitor and that it's unfair for people like Robbie Slater to call them dickheads.

It's refreshing that you stuck by Croatia and followed your heart even though this Croatian is understandably weaker than that of the 1998 team. However, it's sad that Minka resorted to comments like "Who the fuck is Hrvatska?" - but that's her own thing and it's not my place to judge any further.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone know where I can buy the official world cup ball? I'm in sydney west area.. all/most rebel locations sold out :(

please PM me or something if you know anything..

robbie1

HSC
Komit said:
However, it's sad that Minka resorted to comments like "Who the fuck is Hrvatska?" - but that's her own thing and it's not my place to judge any further.
Yeh, the animosity towards her homeland perplexes me

She has got to be 70% Serb, 30% Cro and not the other way around...its a disgrace that she could proudly sing that chant

otay

HSC
robbie1 said:
Yeh, the animosity towards her homeland perplexes me

She has got to be 70% Serb, 30% Cro and not the other way around...its a disgrace that she could proudly sing that chant
Relax mate. I'm half greek but it fucking annoyed the shit outta me when Greek Australians were supporting Greece and were saying "Oh we gonna rip you skippy poofs. euro champs" even though most of have never been to Greece and speak Aussie (poorly admittedly). I was out with the "Who the fuck are Greece?" chant at my local bar. Doesn't mean i hate Greece or the people, just a bit of sporting banter. it's not like every1 else in the world doesn't do it either. Heat of the moment stuff, I'm sure she didn't really mean it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)