The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
AntiHyper said:
omg! a japan supporter, hehe nah japan needs more support than australia cos they lost.
updated for truth.

EDIT: And now I'm off for lunch in the city and SEC later at 10. Seriously guys come along to SEC if you want to feel the atmosphere of 2002 again, even if you dont support us.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
For the love of pete would you Asian supporters spare a thought for the non-crazy Asians here? You’re an embarrassment。

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
that was bloody brilliant.

at 80 minutes we were sitting around going "ahhh shit" .. and then the bar just erupted at 84, 89 and 92!!!!!! (i love you justin, justin, stas!!) everyone was hugging and going absolutely crazy, the guy next to me slammed into my hip when he jumped up and now it kills haha but i don't care... it was amazing. how happy was guus hahaha... and when my cabbie saw me getting in wearing an aussie scarf he honked and cheered hahahaa... top night.

though i'm disappointed with the way japan played, and their attitude towards us. still love you nakata!!

edit: mike, it's hard to beat a warm bar crowded with friends + crazy supporters, a huuuge screen, comfy seats and drinks!!!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
edit: mike, it's hard to beat a warm bar crowded with friends + crazy supporters, a huuuge screen, comfy seats and drinks!!!
Sydney Entertainment Centre. Tonight. Come.

EDIT: Andd.... I'm off. See you guys 2moro.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
furthermore i would love it if we face italy: after all, hiddink beat them with korea in the last cup

johnny_87

HSC
I was referring to our crazy Japanese fan...

What do you mean $100 on centrebet?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Some trivia for u:

No team had scored three goals in the last seven minutes in World Cup history....until yesterday ;)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Some trivia for u:

No team had scored three goals in the last seven minutes in World Cup history....until yesterday ;)
'History's against us. Stuff history!' ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
johnny_87 said:
I was referring to our crazy Japanese fan...

What do you mean $100 on centrebet?
Bet $100 on Centrebet, get a free jersey.

EDIT: I better be able to get a green and gold one or I'll bash all you bandwagon hopping cunts.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
u should be able to, because when you bet $100 they will send out a Rebel Sports voucher worth for it, so you just goto any Rebel store with stock i guess.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Sarah168 said:
Err well, considering she's in Singapore, she has no clue.
I'm Asian and alot of my friends are Asian and we all (including their families) went absolutely MAD for this match and anything socceroos related LOL. I don't see what the problem is. I've seen people of ALL backgrounds clip that Sun Herald flag to their cars :D

....and I bet there will be alot more of those flags floating around the city tomorrow :D
That's how I feel. Can't help but feel some sort of national pride.. even my parents who don't normally give two hoots about sport watched it and were overjoyed by the ending.

sunjet said:
are they commerce azns
Ironically no- they are azns who are still in asia.
politik said:
Please post a link to that forum.
Wish I could but the admin there (who also happens to be the girl who posted the first message I quoted) set the forum to invite-only- it's www.sgsb2.com if you're curious though/have a way to get in (http://www.sgsb2.com/showthread.php?t=3551&page=5 direct link).

Thankfully that thread died down a bit and instead of criticising me for supporting Australia (when they say I should be supporting my parents homeland of Malaysia or their homeland of Singapore.. or even Japan), they're now pondering whether Japan stands a chance against Brazil.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
withoutaface said:
Bet $100 on Centrebet, get a free jersey.

EDIT: I better be able to get a green and gold one or I'll bash all you bandwagon hopping cunts.
lol yesterday you said you wanted a blue one.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
stazi said:
lol yesterday you said you wanted a blue one.
Yeah but then I saw the prettyfulness of green and gold + patriotism factor :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)