The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (3 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ON: Simao
OFF: Pauleta

...Pauleta has been disappointing again in this World Cup. Hopefully Simao can somehow find a way to breach this 11-man French defence.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Haha I'm pretty sure of myself. And now Saha misses the next match (final)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Portuguese players are scared to get deep into the box for some reason, the cross by Nuno Valente at the end flew across the goal and only needed someone to nod it in from half a metre out. But no one was there. Postiga, Ronaldo, Simao all waited in the middle for some reason. Oh well that's how it goes.

Now France better win it, come on Zizou.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's probably good Saha can't come on next match cause we might finally get to see Trezeguet, who imo is superior.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt#1 said:
I was just pointing out that Henry is also in this category. Everyone always associated him with fair play... and its bullshit. I saw him fuck up Spain by diving as well. The penalty was unfair. Maybe slight contact...but definitely a theatrical dive from Henry. C'mn Portugal! We can come back!
As embarrassed as I am to be an Arsenal fan seeing Henry's dive, the Portugal players had some pretty nice theatrics themselves.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
It's probably good Saha can't come on next match cause we might finally get to see Trezeguet, who imo is superior.
But obviously Domenech don't like him much atm. Trezeguet used to be an automatic selection in the squad until recently.

Repeat of the Euro 2000 final, hm...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Unlcucky Portugal. We have performed exceptionally well throughout the tournament so far and can justifiably be proud of ourselves. Hold your heads high, boys!!!

I'm still a bit bitter at the moment, but France won this game due to a ridiculous penalty rewarded to a theatrical diving cunt. They then sat back and put 11 men behind the ball for the WHOLE second half. Such a boring tactic. Both of my teams (Australia + Portugal) have now been knocked out of this competition due to diving cunts (Grosso + Henry). If the World Cup is to be won by a team of diving cunts who emply tactics like putting 11 men behind the ball for a whole half once they get ahead...then this World Cup may as well be won by a team of cheating cunts like Italy. Go Italy!!!

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
bah!

good work France, now you'll get pwned by Italy..

But I think that penalty was complete BS! Portugal had more pocession, they were playing better than the french... I don't know what the commentators were on, they were super biased!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt#1 said:
Unlcucky Portugal. We have performed exceptionally well throughout the tournament so far and can justifiably be proud of ourselves. Hold your heads high, boys!!!

I'm still a bit bitter at the moment, but France won this game due to a ridiculous penalty rewarded to a theatrical diving cunt. They then sat back and put 11 men behind the ball for the WHOLE second half. Such a boring tactic. Both of my teams (Australia + Portugal) have now been knocked out of this competition due to diving cunts (Grosso + Henry). If the World Cup is to be won by a team of diving cunts who emply tactics like putting 11 men behind the ball for a whole half once they get ahead...then this World Cup may as well be won by a team of cheating cunts like Italy. Go Italy!!!
Did you not see at least five dives by Portugal to try and get penalties as well?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
withoutaface said:
Did you not see at least five dives by Portugal to try and get penalties as well?
After that dive by Henry, which actually got the penalty, I don't know how with a right mind you can accuse Portugal. Also seeing that they were just trying to get even with France who had ALREADY gotten a crappy goal as a result of a dive

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Two wrongs make a right do they? I said I was already ashamed to be an Arsenal supporter seeing Henry dive, but Portugal were no better, diving without any contact whatsoever on occassion.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Hopefully france won't be too lucky in the final. It would be sad to see the same french faces lift the trophy again.

Go Italy!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Personally, I'm willing to excuse Henry's 'dive' - he did go down quite easily, but he was impeded by defender and, unlike Ronaldo and Postiga, his fall was designed to milk an actual challenge for all that it was worth. Still, it's a shame that the match could not be won, by either side, by means of a regualr goal.

Edit: I'm expecting an Italian victory, but I'd like to see the French win.

HSC
controversial penalty, but i guess both sides were fairly well matched. it was fun watching ricardo come in for the corners though, hehe.

i also have a feeling italy will lift the cup, but anything can happen really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)