The Offical Tennis thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
Does anyone know if tonights action is being televised on foxtel? cuz they are showing the cricket on fox 1 and some golf crap on fox 2. Is there another channel or will we miss the good games (hewitt, federe etc) tonight?

Movie_Guy

HSC
jack white said:
Lindsay's out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries

I officially hate Elena Dementieva.

C'mon Kim - do us all a favour and dispose of Sharawhoreface. And win.

I cant believe Lindsay is out. That was probably her last US open too.
I love Elena. She can win without a serve !! I swear, she's got the best overall groundstrokes on the tour. I've seen her practice and she absolutely pummels that forehand. She's got really good control for such a low string tension as well (I think it's Luxilon Alu Power strung at 47 lbs...gotta be close to the lowest on the woman's tour). If she had a serve, she'd have at least 2 or so slams by now.

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
go_swans said:
Does anyone know if tonights action is being televised on foxtel? cuz they are showing the cricket on fox 1 and some golf crap on fox 2. Is there another channel or will we miss the good games (hewitt, federe etc) tonight?
All the live-coverage is on channel nine from tonight.

Elena, now that is guts. The last three shots she hit, OMFG.

Mary is playing amazing tennis, but i hope somehow Elena can get past her. I'm glad she showed everyone who thought last years final was a fluke. One thing is clear now, you dont want to play Elena in the 3rd set tiebreaker at the US OPEN.

Agassi def Blake- fuck that was amazing

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Agassi what a champion. Great match. The match finished at 3am local time, why can't the organisers make the ladies play earlier?

Anyone rate Hewitts chances?

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Agassi what a champion. Great match. The match finished at 3am local time, why can't the organisers make the ladies play earlier?

Anyone rate Hewitts chances?

Doesnt hewitt meet federer if he wins tonight? if so: he will get smashed. If he meets agassi then i think he can win.

Movie_Guy

HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Which is highly likely.
Hmm....Federer hasn't played anywhere near his best yet....Actually, he's been downright ordinary. In a grand slam he usually plays 2-3 unreal matches. None so far. If he gets through Nalbandian, the rest of the field will struggle to take a set off him. Ditto for Nalbandian if Fed plays well tonight. Nalbandian use to beat Federer the same way Hewitt use to when Hewitt owned Federer like 7-2 or something....Keep getting it back until Federer gets fed up and goes for the king hit......It doesn't work anymore because Federer usually makes the king hit these days......Still....interesting to see how Nalbandian will use his terrific backhand tonight which is the only way he can win. He's been well beaten the last 2 times they've played.

Last edited:
HSC
Hewiit V Federer. good luck to him. He'll sure need it.

Movie_Guy

HSC
Nalbandian got spanked. If Hewitt plays like he did this morning, he won't fare much better in the semis either. And Federer still hasn't played a really good match yet....I'm thinking some bagels and breadsticks might be handed out before the Open is over.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I wouldn't say Federer has been ordinary. His match against Santoro (while not his best tennis), was a joy to watch.

I'm so excited about the womens semi's tonight!!

I don't know why anyone expected Fat Dave to beat Fed

Movie_Guy

HSC
Yeah true, he was quite good against Nalbandian and Santoro. But he usually manages to play his best some time in a tournament....he usually screws up when he peaks too early (eg Australian Open 2005 when he stormed through to the semis and played well against Safin but was only at about 85%).

On a lighter note, has anyone seen Justin Gimelstob's blog....great entrry here...he talks about which players have the hottest wives/girlfriends and which guys are doing way better than they should....it's pretty ridiuclous and borderline sexist, but to be honest, it's more entertaining than the usual blog entries that players write.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/justin_gimelstob/09/06/beauty.pageant/index.html

I think James Blake's partner has captured the most talk at this years Open...first time anyone's seen her.

sarevok

HSC
So, how many bagels will Fed hand out to Hewitt this time?

Movie_Guy

HSC
I'm guessing none. But if Hewitt wins a set, expect Federer to turn it on and hand out a bagel. I'm guessing there's going to be 1 breadstick though :)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Kim has to win! Ughhh if she loses I will be devestated (ok, perhaps that is a bit dramatic).

Come on Kim, win and become the highest female prize winner for a tournament in the history of sport and the highest prize winner for any tournament male or female in tennis. 2.2 million, thats alot of money.

Lleyton played pretty well. The game he played to break Fed in the 3rd was excellent. It's amazing how Federer has literally taken tennis up about 10000 notches.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
YAY FEDERER WON......dayam he rules! what shots, what angles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)