• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

payafee

HSC
Merethrond said:
Oh, I forgot to reply to this post. You will see in the upcoming episodes that Ryan is starting to mimic some of Seth's body language. Next week is a prime example. I wonder if Ben McKenzie is consciously making an attempt to copy Adam Brody because he knows how popular Seth's character has become, or whether it has just been subconsciously brought about from him sending so much time around Seth's character:).
this is just a tv show and the actors have a script (and directions) to follow. since he hangs around Seth a lot the writers are giving him more funny lines to show that Seth has an influence on him. it shows that he is developing as a character and is not the same person as when he first moved to newport. anyone noticed there has been less fist fights?

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I did some research into who's had the most roots on the OC in the last year since it started (up to episode 12 season 2, so that's why it's in a spoiler).

Marissa: 3 (Luke, Ryan, DJ and hopefully Alex soon)
Julie: 3 (Jimmy, Caleb, Luke, Caleb, Jimmy, Caleb)
Luke: 2 (Holly, Marissa)
Seth: 2 (Summer, Alex)
Ryan: 2 (Marissa, Teresa)
Jimmy: 2 (Julie, Hayley, Julie)
Summer: 2 (Seth, Zac)

Everyone else: one or none I guess.

From this we can extrapolate that if Hayley had herpes, it could feasibly come all the way back to infect her father.

We can also deduce that if Holly had syphilis, DJ could have gotten it.

Out of interest,
Why hasn't Hayley come back into town for a while seeing as they unveiled that she had another sister? Kirsten's all fucked up dealing with it and it's like they forgot that Hayley exists

PS: I know extrapolate is inappropriately used but it's a cool work don't you think

Last edited:

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
payafee said:
this is just a tv show and the actors have a script (and directions) to follow. since he hangs around Seth a lot the writers are giving him more funny lines to show that Seth has an influence on him. it shows that he is developing as a character and is not the same person as when he first moved to newport. anyone noticed there has been less fist fights?
exactly right, and seth has become a lot more like ryan. They even comment on it on the show when seth is talking about starting to wear ryans clothes. The "wifebeater" which is a white singlet name i guess.

Amryllis

HSC
I love the whole Seth becoming like Ryan and vice versa thing. They've really come a long way to close the personality gap between them. They're not 2 extremes anymore! It's so funny :D

I'm glad Ryan's getting funnier coz he was way too boring sometimes last season. Although Seth is becoming more like Ryan, he's still very much himself... If you get my drift.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I think this show is going slightly down hill, from last season

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
And whats with Seth taking off last season cause Ryan does, cause Summers hot and like his ultimate chick and he takes off cause Ryan does, fuck aint that a bit strange

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
payafee said:
I am not talking about Ryan's dialogue. I am strictly talking about Ryan's body-language. Personally I don't think Ryan has been getting many funny lines at all, and his personality is hardly moving closer to Seth's. I would agree that Seth is starting to become a little more like Ryan though:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Korn said:
And whats with Seth taking off last season cause Ryan does, cause Summers hot and like his ultimate chick and he takes off cause Ryan does, fuck aint that a bit strange
Haha, just like Caleb commented:p!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yeaqh but me and my mates thought of it when watching first episode of OC season 2

payafee

HSC
Merethrond said:
I am not talking about Ryan's dialogue. I am strictly talking about Ryan's body-language. Personally I don't think Ryan has been getting many funny lines at all, and his personality is hardly moving closer to Seth's. I would agree that Seth is starting to become a little more like Ryan though:).
i was referring to the second half of your post where you were talking about the actor (Ben McKenzie) and not the character. Ben has been given more funny lines and placed in amusing situations compared to last season that's for sure.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
payafee said:
i was referring to the second half of your post where you were talking about the actor (Ben McKenzie) and not the character. Ben has been given more funny lines and placed in amusing situations compared to last season that's for sure.
Oh, yeah I see where you are coming from now. Well I do tend to agree with you that either he or the directors have made him act less seriously and more like Seth, however I also think there is a possibly that he has subconsciously picked up some of Adam Brody's acting style/Seth's traits. I would isle agree that he is getting into some funnier situations but only slightly:).

Evansy said:
where can i download the OC
Do a search in this thread, or even a search in the entire forum and you will find plenty of answers:).

payafee

HSC
i hate it when they get rid of characters once they have no use for them. just when i was beginning to like them, they had to kick Luke and Anna off the show.

i think Oliver is gone for good but there is a possibility that Theresa might return

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, Luke was getting pretty funny but there really wasn't much else he could do on the show:(. Anna I didn't really like too much anyway and thank God Oliver is gone (hopefully for good). I would say that Theresa may return is the future, maybe in a season or so. Ryan has got to find out that she didn't really have a miscarriage at one point or another:).

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
was no one impressed my by 'OC Rootology'?

if anything it should serve to illustrate how dangerous it can be playing sexual roulette

Amryllis

HSC
I'm hoping that Theresa doesn't come back... I thought she was a really bland character and when she was around, she just caused a lot of pain. She was the one that unwittingly broke up Ryan and Marissa.

Although I think that it's cruel that Ryan doesn't know that the baby is still there. One day he's going to find out and he would have missed out the whole parenting thing. And the baby would not know who s/he is or where s/he came from... It's so sad. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)