The Notorious B.I.G VS Tupac (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Polls mean shit, i mean if you go by this poll you'd conclude that eminem is better than biggie. I'm sure you can find just as much polls in which the results suggest biggie is better than tupac. I think polls are also misleading because pretty much everyone has heard of tupac, he's just so widely publicised, especially because of his death. Meanwhile i know a tonne of people who have no clue who biggie even is.

Last edited:

wallid

HSC
even though he died 10 years ago, jay z still cant rank higher than despite having the chance to adopt new music styles as you said because things are changing etc, thats pretty pathetic

and i think a poll of 10000 people on the black music website is a good enough estimate of who is the best rapper, if not other polls will tell you 2pac was much preferred

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=1994573733 which had 1500 votes - 50% 2pac, 9% biggie

and

http://www.alaskajim.com/polls/2003bestrapperalltime.htm , 2500 votes 38% 2pac 9% biggie

so you people would fit into those 9% groups, muahahaha

wallid

HSC
im sure the rest of the 9% would also prefer being where they are but the majority usually matters

i spose everyone is unique and likes different things, some may think tupacs the worst rapper of all time..

so the only way i can think of judging who is the best rapper is to look at what the majority thinks, not one or two dissenters.. which is pretty clear now!!!

darek_arsenal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
heres some more fuel to the fire:

redman > 2pac
nas > 2pac
jay-z > 2pac
biggie > 2pac
black thought > 2pac
raekwon > 2pac
LL Cool J > 2pac
big L > 2pac
KRS-One > 2Pac
ghostface > 2pac
scarface > 2Pac
OutKast > 2Pac
Big Daddy Kane > 2Pac
Murda Mase (back in the C.O.C days) > 2Pac
Q-Tip (in his prime) > 2Pac
ice cube > 2Pac
Kanye West > 2Pac

darek_arsenal

HSC
wallid said:
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/jul06/20060706_tupac.html >>>

Tupac Still The Hottest Hip Hop Act

by Paul Cashmere

July 6 2006

It may be 10 years since the death of Tupac but the rapper is still the hottest name in Hip-Hop.

According to a poll of 10,000 music fans at 1738.com for Black Music Month, Tupac topped the poll of favorite artists.

His song ‘Hail Mary’ was also voted as favorite song.

Runners up in the poll were Jay-Z at No. 2, Notorious B.I.G. at 3, NAS at 4 and Eminem at 5.

Mary J. Blige remains the Queen of Hip-Hop. She was the most popular female performer and came in 6th overall.

The only other female to make the chart was Mariah Carey, who came in at 17th place

for me, enough said.

you want more separate polls that show 2pac is better with a high number of voters, ill link you them.

fuckers
In 2001, hip-hop magazine The Source crowned him as the greatest MC of all time. Likewise in 2003, when XXL Magazine asked many elite names in hip hop who they felt was the top 5 rappers of all time, Biggie's named appeared on more rappers' lists than any other MC. During Canibus's 1998 feud with LL Cool J, Canibus responded to LL Cool J's claim to be the greatest rapper of all time on the song Second Round K.O. by saying "the greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th", which was the day Biggie died.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
as biggies song says "you're nobody, till somebody kills you" .... referring to 2pac....

wallid

HSC
darek_arsenal said:
In 2001, hip-hop magazine The Source crowned him as the greatest MC of all time. Likewise in 2003, when XXL Magazine asked many elite names in hip hop who they felt was the top 5 rappers of all time, Biggie's named appeared on more rappers' lists than any other MC. During Canibus's 1998 feud with LL Cool J, Canibus responded to LL Cool J's claim to be the greatest rapper of all time on the song Second Round K.O. by saying "the greatest rapper of all time died on March 9th", which was the day Biggie died.

both sides are obviously legends, biggies my 2nd for sure, him and 2pac clear of the rest

i just duno how you guys can think so many other rappers are better than 2pac, crazy to me

anyways

have a nice day

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
fuck you are an idiot i didn't want to say anything further because anybody who actually knows what they are talking about can see that you know nothing about hip hop but god damn how the hell are you going to go off polls, where the voters are usually mainstream and haven't heard enough variety to make a judgement.

Fuck even MTV has more sense than you, check their greatest rappers of all time list, who ranks at the top?? yeh thats right, JAY-Z JIGGA HOVA J HOVA S DOT S CARTER SEAN CARTER not fucking tupac 'overrated' shakur.

96.1 had a poll, who is the king of hip hop.

the results:

50 cent > biggie (coz his dead) > kanye west > ludacris > ice cube

now does this mean that 50 cent is better than ice cube?

does this mean that kanye west is better than ice cube?

does this mean that ludacris is fucking better than ice cube?

alot of black people like D4L, just because somethings black does not mean it is 'hip hop' damn typical teenybopper mentality. This dude from the IC was down here from new york, i was talking to him he asks me 'why did everyone keep asking me if i had industry connects' and 'why was everyone crip walking in the clubs' i just laughed and told him because sydney is full of stupid posers. So your little 'omg lol black people voted 2pac number 1' doesn't mean jack fucking shit.

c'mon man, the masses, which i assume you are a part of, have no fucking idea but then go around trying to argue with people like us who actually know what we are talking about, throw up stuff like 'lost cunt' when they have no fucking idea themselves.

todays teenybopper can be tommorow hip hop head though, go learn about the genre, delve a bit deeper into the music. Don't come and try and tell me im a 'lost cunt' i grew up with this music, i was raised off it and am a fanatic.

jay-z - dead presidents (original) is better than ANY song 2pac has ever made.

Damn i was listening to 'can i live' on my ipod today, everytime i hear that song it just amazes me, how the fuck can anyone deny that. oh that's right, because they are simple-minded teenyboppers who judge rap off singles and what they hear on 96.1, they don't both listening to real hip-hop because 'the beats are boring' and the lyrics are to complex for their simple little teenybopper minds.

go and listen to 96.1 and leave this hip hop shit alone.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
agree with all but outkast and LL...LL was wack at the start...but so was all rappers basically in the 80's..spitting basic rhymes...even scarface at the start but than LL becamse sick but than fell off badly...but scarface has remained sick...

howd you forget kool g, saigon, papoose, canibus, most of the diplomats and all except ODB and u-god of wu-tang??? lol

lyrically and i mean lyrically sickwise 2pac stunk...

i think you should give 'aquemini' and 'ATLiens' another listen, same with the other dude that disagreed on outkast.

and LL is alot better than pac

i think you should go listen to '14 shots to the dome' 'walking with a pink panther' 'mamma said knock you out' and 'radio' and alot of his rhymes weren't just basic. He has sick word play, also he could spit really fast when he wanted to.

uh yeh wu tang and kool G rap shit on 2pac, so does canibus. But not any member of the dips or papoose lol. Maybe killa cam back in the C.O.C days but thats it. 2pac isn't WACK, he is just overrated.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
i think you should give 'aquemini' and 'ATLiens' another listen, same with the other dude that disagreed on outkast.

and LL is alot better than pac

i think you should go listen to '14 shots to the dome' 'walking with a pink panther' 'mamma said knock you out' and 'radio' and alot of his rhymes weren't just basic. He has sick word play, also he could spit really fast when he wanted to.

uh yeh wu tang and kool G rap shit on 2pac, so does canibus. But not any member of the dips or papoose lol. Maybe killa cam back in the C.O.C days but thats it. 2pac isn't WACK, he is just overrated.
JR...and camron kill 2pac lyrically...and papoose is a lyrical beast...he hasnt got a great voice but 2pac didnt really...i mean lyrically those 3 kill 2pac...and i dont really fuck with outkast...they cant flow...they may have the lyrics but their flow is worse than e-40 ahaha

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
wallid said:
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/jul06/20060706_tupac.html >>>

Tupac Still The Hottest Hip Hop Act

by Paul Cashmere

July 6 2006

It may be 10 years since the death of Tupac but the rapper is still the hottest name in Hip-Hop.

According to a poll of 10,000 music fans at 1738.com for Black Music Month, Tupac topped the poll of favorite artists.

His song ‘Hail Mary’ was also voted as favorite song.

Runners up in the poll were Jay-Z at No. 2, Notorious B.I.G. at 3, NAS at 4 and Eminem at 5.

Mary J. Blige remains the Queen of Hip-Hop. She was the most popular female performer and came in 6th overall.

The only other female to make the chart was Mariah Carey, who came in at 17th place

for me, enough said.

you want more separate polls that show 2pac is better with a high number of voters, ill link you them.

fuckers
LMAO...wait wait wait...mary j blige is hiphop??? and mariah carey??? wtf??? they are singers how can they be hiphop...rnb doesnt = hiphop and yes THEY are rnb not chris brown or ciara LMAO...its funny how wannabes act hard and listen to a 16 yr old fag named chris brown but will call you gay if you listen to a boyband eg. savage garden plainly because THEY ARE WHITE...fucking racism...its soo fucking funny how soooo many people wanna be black when (no racism) but being black in america would leave you disadvantaged...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
and i dont really fuck with outkast...they cant flow...they may have the lyrics but their flow is worse than e-40 ahaha
download 'aquemini' and 'ATLiens' trust me, you will thank me for it, andre 3000 has one of the best flows ever to come out of the south. Big boi rips it too. You have to be a fool to think they can't flow, andre is usually praised for his flow (pre-the love below andre 3000 that is)

wallid

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
LMAO...wait wait wait...mary j blige is hiphop??? and mariah carey??? wtf??? they are singers how can they be hiphop...rnb doesnt = hiphop and yes THEY are rnb not chris brown or ciara LMAO...its funny how wannabes act hard and listen to a 16 yr old fag named chris brown but will call you gay if you listen to a boyband eg. savage garden plainly because THEY ARE WHITE...fucking racism...its soo fucking funny how soooo many people wanna be black when (no racism) but being black in america would leave you disadvantaged...

u referring to me??

i can guarentee you i have a larger number of songs from different genres on my playlist than u

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
download 'aquemini' and 'ATLiens' trust me, you will thank me for it, andre 3000 has one of the best flows ever to come out of the south. Big boi rips it too. You have to be a fool to think they can't flow, andre is usually praised for his flow (pre-the love below andre 3000 that is)
its my opinion mate...in my opinion they sound like e-40 on E haha...i downloaded the album with the song sorry ms jackson on it and it was painful to listen to...scarface has the best voice from the sth because he doesnt sound like hes from there...anyway...im not a fan of outkast...

and wallid...i have 70's, 80's, funk, acoustic, rock, pop, dance, techno, rap, hiphop, rnb etc.... i basically have every genre

wallid

HSC
^^^ black or white singers

and hip hop jay z's number one, but whos number 2 and 3 under mtv's greatest mcs??

2 - 2pac
3 - biggie

gee tupacs really overrated ay, maybe in your fucked up eyes

wallid

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
and wallid...i have 70's, 80's, funk, acoustic, rock, pop, dance, techno, rap, hiphop, rnb etc.... i basically have every genre

me 2..

woooooo go the 80s

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
wallid said:
^^^ black or white singers

and hip hop jay z's number one, but whos number 2 and 3 under mtv's greatest mcs??

2 - 2pac
3 - biggie

gee tupacs really overrated ay, maybe in your fucked up eyes
white singers...man i like some celine dion songs haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)