• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
You win.

Everyone, fucking listen to Saxon.

RIGHT NOW.
YOU MEAN PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO SAXON AS IT IS ALREADY?!
I'm looking up thrash bands on myspace... theres some good talent still flying out of the bay area. I wish i lived there :(

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I can stand a very small time listening to Amy Lee's voice. I rather listen to Nightwish with either Anette or Tarja. I prefer Tarja <3

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
everyone should do themselves a service and listen to mastodon. weird, epic progressive metal

neafoo

HSC
I was never much of a slayer fan to be honest. BUT 'behind the crooked cross' is a fucking great song. Love the first drum beat. Great riffs in Angel of Death too (probably their magnum opus in terms of songs).

Their guitar solos mostly sound like chromatic noise to me though.

You might not be interested, but theres a thrash band called 'evile' from the UK that sound a bit like slayer (i reckon anyway) so you might like them.
http://www.myspace.com/evileuk

BeyondDeath

HSC
Yea Evile are awesome. Fun fact: they started out as a Metallica cover band called "Metal Militia".

neafoo

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
Yea Evile are awesome. Fun fact: they started out as a Metallica cover band called "Metal Militia".
Lol i always hated it when bands named themselves after a song of another band they like :)

Do you like Death Angel?

iwannarock

HSC
Atticus. said:
everyone should do themselves a service and listen to mastodon. weird, epic progressive metal
mastodon times a billion yes in agreement.

mastodon is the only mainstream metal band i find that is doing anything interesting today.

blood mountain ftw.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
iwannarock said:
mastodon times a billion yes in agreement.

mastodon is the only mainstream metal band i find that is doing anything interesting today.

blood mountain ftw.
crystal skull!

BeyondDeath

HSC
Okay Opeth fans,

Opeth reach Watershed moment in Australia.

Opeth exist in a genre of one…

The forward-thinking Swedish titans, who seamlessly and fluidly combine metal, classic rock, prog, folk and free form jazz, continue the time-honored Opeth tradition on ‘Watershed’, their ninth album.

‘Watershed’ picks up where 2005’s flawless ‘Ghost Reveries’ left off, beginning contemplatively before erupting into full-bore chaos. The band are also bolstered by the addition of some new membership. Drummer Martin Axenrot and new guitarist Fredrik Åkesson, formerly of Arch Enemy.

‘Watershed’ was recorded in the band’s native Sweden and was produced by Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren who stamp the undeniable Opeth sound on every note.

Opeth will continue to hold the mantle of the most innovative, creative and revered heavy artist of recent times with the release of 'Watershed'...an album no doubt poised to extend their reputation as masters in the genre.

So what could possibly add to the excitement of the release of ‘Watershed’ on May 31st…?

…After a sold out run of shows in April 2006, Opeth announce that they will once again tread the boards of our nation’s venues, with the ‘Watershed’ tour this September.

PRESENTED BY: SCORPION ENTERTAINMENT, triple j’s (FULL METAL RACKET) & STREET PRESS AUSTRALIA

Tickets for all dates on sale Fri May 16

SEPTEMBER 2008

Tuesday 2nd - PERTH, METRO CITY.
Tickets available at : www.heatseeker.com.au & mills, star surf, planet & beat

Thursday 4th - ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE (LIC/AA)
Tickets at : www.venuetix.com.au or ph 8225 8888

Friday 5th - MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or ph 132 849

Saturday 6th - SYDNEY, THE BIG TOP (LIC/AA)
Tickets available a t: www.ticketek.com.au & ph 132 849Big Top Box Office www.bigtopsydney.com.au & ph 1300 BIG TOP or www.custommade.com.au & ph 1300 762 545 http://www.bigtopsydney.com/Opeth_2008.html

Sunday 7th - BRISBANE, THE ARENA (LIC/AA)
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849 & www.oztix.com.au

I can't wait to see them again I'm definitely not missing this.

In fact, I'm so psyched about this I'm making it's own thread.

Last edited:
D

dillay

One of my fav songs from Opeth has to be Bleak

but anyways :p

erms, i cant really decide D: I LOVES TO MANY METAL BANDS! but ill just list my top 5 xD

- Metallica - Dont have a fav album D:
- Megadeth - Again, dont have a fav album
- Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
- Iron Maiden - dont have a fav album :p
- Dream Theater - Dont have a fav album xD

there in no order really :/

Mumma

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
Anyone seen Metal: A Headbanger's Journey?
Yes. Pretty cool. Sam's out and about with Maiden on their tour right now, recording everything they do. The end result shall be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)