• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Metal Thread. (1 Viewer)

neafoo

HSC
I think testament are touring.
Their website says

September 2008:
09/17/08 Senayan Indoor Tennis - Jakarta, Indonesia
09/25/08 The Arena - Brisbane, Australia
09/26/08 The Hi-Fi - Melbourne Australia
09/27/08 The Metro - Sydney, Australia

Excitement mounts, friends.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Awesome, I'm not a big fan of Testament, but I was thinking how 2006, in terms of metal gigs, shat all over this year. But with this and Meshuggah apparently coming, AND Opeth, this yea is shaping up to be pretty good.

neafoo

HSC
I'm just dying to see some live music atm really. nothing better than gigs =]

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Atheist

Fucking listen if you enjoy tech-death.
Demilich - Nespithe
Gorguts - Obscura

Two top notch tech death albums. Time signatures and atonal rhythms all over the place.

Mumma

HSC
Wow
wow
wow
wow
testament
After missing out on them in 2006 cause my 18th was 4 days too late, and that its right after opeth, makes this extra awesome.

BeyondDeath

HSC
I'm thinking of going to Meshuggah actually. The new album is kicking my ass. But then I really want to go to Sigur Ros aswell and I'm not sure I can afford both.

neafoo

HSC
Mumma said:
Yes. Pretty cool. Sam's out and about with Maiden on their tour right now, recording everything they do. The end result shall be awesome.
I saw a headbangers journey at the movies back in early 07 or late 06... I also cant wait for the new one.

But im more excited about this one
http://www.getthrashed.com/
Thrash metal doco, sposed to be out on dvd later this year (though they always say that).

pinkyforce7

HSC
the album Horizons by Parkway Drive

no im not some hardcore scene poser. These guys have the chunkiest, most mouthwatering breakdowns ive heard in metalcore.

also on the metal front

Lamb of God
Killswitch Engage
Caliban
All That Remains

and on the powermetal front

Dragonforce
Symphony X
Rhapsody

HSC
Exodus <3
Damageplan <3
Metallica <3
Manowar <3
Judas Priest <3
Iron Maiden <3
Pantera <3
Megadeth <3
Anthrax <3
MD.45 <3
Testament <3
Metal Church <3

neafoo

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
Exodus <3
Damageplan <3
Metallica <3
Manowar <3
Judas Priest <3
Iron Maiden <3
Pantera <3
Megadeth <3
Anthrax <3
MD.45 <3
Testament <3
Metal Church <3
hawt. totally hawt.
but exodus often come off as sorta second rate... pirrahna is a great song though. gotta love those riffs.

Do you like heathen? they were bay area like alot of the bands you listed ;D

HSC
neafoo said:
hawt. totally hawt.
but exodus often come off as sorta second rate... pirrahna is a great song though. gotta love those riffs.

lol thanks ^_^

What you mean by "sorta second rate"? I only have a few songs by them but ive been meaning to get some more. i haven't heard Pirrahna D:, but i'll be sure to try it soon. My fav song by them atm is "The Toxic Waltz" and "Bonded By Blood"

Well to be honest, i've actually never heard of Heathen ;_;. Shame, and i call myself a metal head fanatic. i'll give them a go and fill you in?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i recently came into every cd ever made by in flames, at the gates and arch enemy. this pleases me

HSC
Atticus. said:
i recently came into every cd ever made by in flames, at the gates and arch enemy. this pleases me
i can only handle a few songs by In Flames and then the rest are just too heavy for my liking ;_;.

i wanna try some more thrash and power metal bands D:.

HSC
neafoo said:
hawt. totally hawt.

Has anyone noticed that the chorus of Exodus' "Strike of the Beast" sounds identical to Kreator's "Total Death"? Same chord progression, same lyric ("time...to run...or hide").

Is it just a weird coincidence?

neafoo

HSC
Spirit Crusher said:
Has anyone noticed that the chorus of Exodus' "Strike of the Beast" sounds identical to Kreator's "Total Death"? Same chord progression, same lyric ("time...to run...or hide").

Is it just a weird coincidence?
I've got kreators first 3 cds but i've hardly listened to them. I dunno what cd that track is on but i'll check it out later =]

i lost my old hdd which had heaps of good new comming thrash bands on myspace :(

And to the young lady who said she needs more thrash and power metal... i reccommend to you like i do to everyone ... Iced Earth. (Infact Iced Earth are often cross listed as power metal and thrash metal, though the two genres are pretty closely related apparently).

and on a slightly less heavy note, how awesome is operation mindcrime ;D?

HSC
neafoo said:
I've got kreators first 3 cds but i've hardly listened to them. I dunno what cd that track is on but i'll check it out later =]

i lost my old hdd which had heaps of good new comming thrash bands on myspace :(

And to the young lady who said she needs more thrash and power metal... i reccommend to you like i do to everyone ... Iced Earth. (Infact Iced Earth are often cross listed as power metal and thrash metal, though the two genres are pretty closely related apparently).

and on a slightly less heavy note, how awesome is operation mindcrime ;D?
I already listen to them and love them :p and yes, i agree they are a mixture of thrash and metal together. imo, they sound a tad bit like iron maiden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)