The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
I think its grilled products. But the position you're rostered in won't necessarily be where you actually are positioned

HSC
Uni Grad
This thrad makes me want to om nom, too bad I'm (relatively) full.

Mysterie

HSC
hey, im 17 and i got an interview at maccas

just wondering is it hard to get integrated into the system for a new-timer or will everything be automatic after a couple of weeks?

because i know at KFC as a cook everything was pretty confusing etc

thx

Last edited:

nina14

HSC
N/A
About a week ago i recieved an email saying that i was accepted and now hired at McDonalds. I filled out all the metime questions and passed that quiz. When will i be notified for my first shift or 'orientation'? I am very worried that they have forgotton about me. What is going on?

Zeroes

HSC
I got an interview there on Sunday. What sort of stuff do they usually ask you?

Last edited:

PaperTissue

HSC
Is the Cert II Retail compulsory after 3 months? Do they decide who gets it or should I ask about it?

Also, I've only been getting around 7 hours per week and no shifts longer than 4 1/2 hours. I've asked for more hours but they have too many crew members. Do you think they would mind if I got a second job?

Zeroes

HSC
He said in the interview that I got the job and that he'd email me within two hours... but he hasn't. :| Perhaps he meant two days.

Zeroes

HSC
Well it's now almost a week later, still no email. I even rang two days ago and he said he'd check that he'd said it as soon as he got home.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with my inbox though, I've checked it's not blocking anything. :\

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
This thrad makes me want to om nom, too bad I'm (relatively) full.
Haha, same hey. But not Maccas.

hey, im 17 and i got an interview at maccas

just wondering is it hard to get integrated into the system for a new-timer or will everything be automatic after a couple of weeks?

because i know at KFC as a cook everything was pretty confusing etc

thx
Everything will be pretty much integrated. Nothing too difficult. Remember to give them your TFN.

About a week ago i recieved an email saying that i was accepted and now hired at McDonalds. I filled out all the metime questions and passed that quiz. When will i be notified for my first shift or 'orientation'? I am very worried that they have forgotton about me. What is going on?
Should be within a week or two. Call up after 2 weeks. It took them 4 weeks to get back to me.

I got an interview there on Sunday. What sort of stuff do they usually ask you?
Past experience, about yourself, likes/dislikes, skills, whether you'd do better in front or back area. Nothing difficult.

Is the Cert II Retail compulsory after 3 months? Do they decide who gets it or should I ask about it?

Also, I've only been getting around 7 hours per week and no shifts longer than 4 1/2 hours. I've asked for more hours but they have too many crew members. Do you think they would mind if I got a second job?
Cert II is not compulsory at all. Ask about it if you want to do it.

Umm if you're new then they won't give you long ones for a while because you need to get used to work. Give it a few months and they'll be giving you long ones. Mine are regularly between 7-9 hours.

He said in the interview that I got the job and that he'd email me within two hours... but he hasn't. :| Perhaps he meant two days.
Yeah, management are ridiculously lazy. You'll get used to it.

Well it's now almost a week later, still no email. I even rang two days ago and he said he'd check that he'd said it as soon as he got home.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with my inbox though, I've checked it's not blocking anything. :\
Ring up if you're concerned.

Zeroes

HSC
Wtf, I just got an email saying that I withdrew my application. I never withdrew my bloody application. :mad:

spence

HSC
Yay, just got my first salary payment. And it turns out starting salary is actually 5grand more than I thought :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats.

I wonder if anyone is at Thornleigh Maccas nowadays.... hmm... was a great place to hang out. Nowadays lots of hooligans/drunks on Saturday night... beats me considering there's no pub nearby!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats.

I wonder if anyone is at Thornleigh Maccas nowadays.... hmm... was a great place to hang out. Nowadays lots of hooligans/drunks on Saturday night... beats me considering there's no pub nearby!

spence

HSC
Congrats.

I work at Thornleigh

bdude

HSC
Congrats.

Thornleigh is the one just after you get off the F3 isn't it?

BiancaMaree

HSC
i have finally got out of maccas :) after workin there for two yearsssssss!
cheering; thoug i do miss all the people there; but not the boss at all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)