The Lovely Bones - journey??? (1 Viewer)

littlej123

HSC
Hi, im fairly new to this but...
I was thinking of picking "The Lovely Bones" the novel by Alice Sebold for my year 11 advanced english hsc task on journeys.

Do you think this novel is a suitable inner journey and how?

Thanks for your help :):drink:

littlej123

HSC
I was thinking the inner journey was of her family overcoming their grief and accepting her death, but im not sure?????? ANYONE??

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well you seem to have some idea of how The Lovely Bones relates to Journeys. If you've chosen it as a related text you would have some idea (I haven't read it, so I can't help you there, sorry. :( )

littlej123

HSC
yeah, i sort of have an idea but Im not sure if its right or suits the task.

:)

klaris

HSC
I've read it.

I think it would be suitable for 'Journeys', as it goes through physical and emotional stuff, which you could use.

For example, you could say the family's grief and the mother's infidelity and departure are all part of a journey to accepting Susie's death, even if she does handle it badly and makes some pretty poor choices.

Personally, I would do the sister, Lindsay. Her storyline has always appealed more to me and the whole sister thing really grabbed me - I could find a lot to write on that.

littlej123

HSC
yeah, i agree with what you say :)

i thought lindsays character was very interesting as was ruths.
okay, so im thinking now, the journey is the familys through accepting her death and the different ways they all grieved. am i on the right track?

thankyouuuu! :)

littlej123

HSC
also, is it that the most of the family moved on with their lives but the father struggled, and the mum had to get away from it all?

any help would be great :)

iamjay

HSC
Hey, uh i am also thnking of doing this novel for my Standard English Assignment, essay thing, if anyone has more info, that would be AWESOME!

ty, x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)