The Lessons of Love (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Most of us know well the feeling when the love story of your life/decade/year/month/week/day/hazy time between 2-5am on a saturday morning falls to pieces and you declare 'I'm never doing that or going there again'. I was in that place this morning so I made a list of previous experiences and what i've vowed to avoid because of it:

* Avoid any girl who tells me she hates her ex-boyfriend. She hates herself.
* Avoid any girl who doesn't drink. Do I need to say anything else here?
* Avoid any girl who won't drunkenly make out with me in a taxi. She lacks a properly functioning sexual instinct.
* Avoid any girl who won't wear a skirt. I'll end up in the stairwell of a Christmas party making out with a girl in skirt.
* Avoid any girl who I think looks even hotter when she is miserable. She will destroy me.
* Avoid any girl who cries when she's drunk. Her self-pity will destroy me.
* Avoid any girl I've dated before. If the first time is tragedy, the second time will just be worse.
* Avoid any girl who I never found attractive before but suddenly looks hot. I'm drunk.
* Avoid any girl in a poncho. She's a slave to fashion and will try to make me use expensive hair-products.
* Avoid any girl I meet at an office party. She is my coworker's wife and wants to hurt him.
* Avoid any girl who knows the names of all the bartenders in more than four of my favourite bars. She's out of my league.
* Avoid any girl who is my favorite bartender. Where am I going to drink when I want to forget her?
* Avoid any girl who tells me that I am emotionally unavailable. She knows me all too well.
* Avoid any girl who tells me she thinks she feels a spark between the two of us. Her mind is trapped in a Sweet Valley High novel.
* Avoid any girl who wears jewelery given to her by her ex-boyfriend on our first date. She is still in love with him, and only him.
* Avoid any girl on anti-psychotics. She'll go off her meds one day, handcuff me to the bed and rip skin from my back requiring stitches.

But even after vowing all of the above I still find myself chasing girls which everyone including myself, knows will end in disaster somehow.... at least my friends find it halarious.

So what have you vowed to avoid from past experience?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Sweety pie12 said:
EEEEEEEEKKKKK
so youve pretty much avoided everything
have you thought of how this will effect your mojo
avoid this avoid that
this is what id avoid
"people who avoid things!!!":rofl:
oh come on that was funny!!!!
But vowing to avoid things doesn't mean you will actually avoid them... because I love a good bit of bashing my metaphorical head against that metaphorical brick wall.

tilda-lou

HSC
avoid those that are self obsorbed
avoid those that cant talk enough for them to see that there are problems
avoid those that try and tell you that they love you then have sex with your best friend
avoid those that are man whores

i say these but i find my self with some of them becasue its just what happens, iv stopped fighting agains what to avoid, i plan to just make my decisions and live with them

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Darkening said:
avoid the girl that saids i love you, and you know shes lieing.
Yeah, but I tip the hookers for saying that. ;)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Sweety pie12 said:
tell me something do you think maybe in reality you actually enjoy the emotional pain & therefore purposely oh yes purposely go for girls that you know will only lead down that path?
STOP IT NOW!!!! before this becomes you!!!:bomb:
you know how you asked for what we avoid
i avoid commitment fullstop
gives me the jeepers =-=''
I don't purposely go down the path... I'm just guilty of knowingly following the path a bit longer than I probably should. I guess it's a case of why did alice go down the rabbit hole. I guess the often repeated quote which my friends mock me in good humour and wry smiles with is '... because how bad can it get?'

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Sweety pie12 said:
well without stating the obvious you clearly acknowledge the fact your a crappy relationship realiser but havent you heard what they told alice
"curiousity is what killed the cat" if you wanna know how bad it can get
go out with a clingy girl who calls you 24/7,
who expects you to tell her shes the most beautiful woman in the world everytime you speak all though thats mainly describing insecure girls
who calls your mother a week into the relationship
who cry when you even LOOK at another girl
who wont eat infront of you because she thinks you will think shes fat
who crys every night
& eventually the worst type of girl the one who claims to love you so much that finally when you feel like your suffocating purposely tricks you into pregnancy
i shit you not they exist & at the rate your going with "how bad can it be" you will find one of them!!!
such a girl exists? I don't believe you.

Prove it to me. Show me a girl like that and... I'm sure I'll return you a favour of some kind (mostly due to me lacking any sort of meaningful remuneration ideas right now).

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Can I relate to it to the men?

- avoid the guy who says "he has something important to tell you" but won't tell you for weeks, and eventually never tells you, coz he never meant it in the first place
- avoid the guy who swears on the Bible that he's "not like other guys"
- avoid the guy who plays the victim every time he cheats on his girlfriend
- avoid dating the guy who's a close family friend
- avoid the guy who reckons it's ok for couples not to communicate for days on end
- avoid the guy who spends every weekend getting smashed with his mates

I'm sure there's more. I've gotta be in a bad mood to bring them all out.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Sweety pie12 said:
well do explain to me how im meant to show her to you but i shit you not she exists she hangs out with me...
she tells me these things like they are the most normal things in the world & expects me to completely understand why she'd want to knock herself up just to ensure they stay together forever...:eek:
& shes been going out with her b/f for about 2 years
do you think maybe hes like you & enjoys that metaphoric head bashing against the wall!
think do you really want that?
no, maybe he's in love and has real desires to stay with her forever. Or she's just insecure like most people. Confidence remember is just being able to deal with insecurity. For all of someone's flaws, there's always enough qualities to find some admiration and relation to... in anybody. It's just a matter of finding a way of relating with them, it's the reason why some people click with others and the reasons why others personalities clash. I'm sure for all the misgivings you find in your friend, you're friendship isn't based on them but rather her finer qualities which you like to surround yourself with.

(plus the complications of you not being able to prove it saved me some remuneration giving ;) )

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sweety pie12 said:
HAHAHAHAHA you really made me laugh i think i pulled a muscle!!
first of all i expect remuneration =P
despite what you say im actually not even friends with her she just hangs with me she makes me feel rather uncomfortable so dont think your smooth words have worked on me her finer qualities indeed
tell me would you love someone even though they did all the above that i mentioned earlier or maybe their constant fighting which i probably should have mentioned before is indicating something else other then love?
maybe its routine this is why relationships are so hard!
p.s. how was that koala suit feel up?
Can you please stop posting? Your posts aren't funny and are quite long, poorly written and boring. Raiks made a serious thread, which has no been defiled by your presence.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
* Avoid any girl on anti-psychotics. She'll go off her meds one day, handcuff me to the bed and rip skin from my back requiring stitches

what the hell? those girls are the best in bed. Crazy psycho "off the meds girl" sex is better than mango flavoured icecream.

- avoid the guy who reckons it's ok for couples not to communicate for days on end
thats totally me. I dont use phones. I dont talk on them all the time, i rarely ring anyone, and if i do its like a 1min convo that goes like this " so you coming out tonight? ok cool 9:30? sweet seeya then" if someone rings me i usually hangup within a min or so. If this girl is trying to see me like every day, then thats too clingy for me, weekends is fine, once of twice during the week also fine. All the time? uhno i like my space thankyou[introvert ftmfw]

i got one
If she cries the first time you have sex [onenight stand] and then tells you she loves you afterwards

...well i hope you went back to her place so you can delete your number from her phone when shes asleep then sneak out the window...otherwise you are going to have a stalker problem.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
grk_styl said:
- avoid the guy who plays the victim every time he cheats on his girlfriend
See i would just avoid the guy who cheats in his gf. Not theone who plays the innocent

lengy

HSC
*Avoid international students from the Mainland, they are only after your money.
*Avoid international students from the Mainland, they are only after permanent residency/citizenship.
*Avoid international students from the Mainland, they are only after a quick marriage for the above reasons.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you cant sleep your way to the top unless they're your boss :p

*avoid the guy who's a druggo at 14...he's sure to have a zillion problems that he's hiding and will molest you with the second you go out with him
*avoid the guy who tries to set you up with his friend..he wants you but is just testing the waters (and he's probably weird and creepy in one sense or another..or multiple)
*avoid the guy who you meet online and you can both tell there's 'something there' before you first hookup..they havent had a gf before and just want you for kisses and babies
*avoid the guy who likes you when you've got a bf already..he will seriously screw you over and even when he reckons he's over you, he's not and he wont leave you alone!

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Serius said:
thats totally me. I dont use phones. I dont talk on them all the time, i rarely ring anyone, and if i do its like a 1min convo that goes like this " so you coming out tonight? ok cool 9:30? sweet seeya then" if someone rings me i usually hangup within a min or so. If this girl is trying to see me like every day, then thats too clingy for me, weekends is fine, once of twice during the week also fine. All the time? uhno i like my space thankyou[introvert ftmfw]
Even if ur in a serious relationship? You think it's ok for the guy and girl to talk once every 3-4 days and see each other once a week? Coz that's the type of guy I was talking about...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)