• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The "I didn't go well in my half yearlies" Thread (1 Viewer)

tku336

HSC
well, technically you can also go down.

but try not to think about that.

bored of sc

HSC
how do you no wat ur school rank is.. lol my school must be pretty shit.
i went pretty bad as well in my exams. Aiming to lift my marks and ultimately my ranks. i swear im mr 89 man

Maths: 89% 6th
economics 89% 2nd
chemistry 85% 5th
biology 89% 2nd
ancient history 90% 1st

Does anybody else not do a half yearly exam for english.. soo unfair.. but we still had to do an essay.. dam BR:confused:
Lynton, those marks/ranks are fine. Seriously, there's so much time to improve yet you don't actually have that much improvement to do!

And just for the record, we had two english half yearlies, but I guess it was helpful that we got 3/4 of the questions in advance (week before so they're not technically 'exams').

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lol at people complaing about decent marks...
Well, it's about ranks. A mark may look good, but if everyone also did good, then your rank sucks. Hence people start "complaing about decent marks..."

oly1991

HSC
Well, it's about ranks. A mark may look good, but if everyone also did good, then your rank sucks. Hence people start "complaing about decent marks..."
true about the ranks....but there still is a lot of people complaining when they have "decent" ranks.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, well some people may be aiming for the top and have higher expectations of themselves and their aims. Different people have different standards.

lynton

HSC
i hate it when soo many people are competitive.. sure it makes you try harder but seriously people let me beat you grr.. lol .. well maybe im just gonna have to do some work in the holidays. motivation is the key.. wish i had some

eve.

HSC
dude you're sweet. i definitely would not call that stuffing up your exams..i wish i would go that well. i get my half-yearly results when i go back to school this term.....eep.

runit straight

HSC
yea pplz thought id join in early jus started our exmas today. first day bak at school. ive looked through all the otha posts especially the ones at the beggining of the thread nd u guys have to be joking seriously if those marks are the worst u can do and u consider that failing u guys hav absolutly nuthin to worry about spare a thought for us less talented people who actually do bad.

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: The "I didn't go well in my half yearlies" Thread

Well I know I didn't study alot, but I was also sick the 1st week of exams.

So I so far have got;

Maths - 79%
Ext Maths - 46% scaled to 58%
English - 49%
Chem - 33%

Still waiting on Physics and IT:Graphics

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: The "I didn't go well in my half yearlies" Thread

HOLY SHIZ I GOT 49/50 FOR 3U.
And fucked everything else.

McLoving

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: The "I didn't go well in my half yearlies" Th

bad luck bruth

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I got screwed over badly. I lost 1st rank in like 3 subjects and all my results are ~ (70%-80%, except for two subjects, religion and business studies - I haven't gotten them back yet).

Guess its hard work for me from now on. Hope it hasn't affected my final results too much.

Dumbledore

HSC
am i the only one who has half years after the holidays and is still doing them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)